Anudder sound pack for ya's

Thread: Anudder sound pack for ya's

Anudder sound pack for ya's

Tired of the default Beech Baron 58 sounding so crappy? I have put together a nice sound pack for twin engine aircraft like the 58 that are powered by 6-cylinder horizontally opposed engines. I use this sound pack on my Baron 58, Fred Banting's Piper PA-23 Aztec/Nomad, on Eric Dante's Twin Bonanza, Bill Lyon's PA-23 Apache and others.

This sound pack started out as the default C182 package. I upped the ante on that package with a freeware set of C182 files by Aaron Swindle, then cobbled together a twin engine sound config file.

Interior sounds were replaced with the stock exterior sounds, and the exterior sounds were beefed up a bit. Now inside and outside the plane, you have sound that makes your heart soar.

Will upload the package a bit later to our library and to Flightsim.com (need to write up the read me file and get it all zipped up).

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

looking forward to that one! will it work for fsx also?

hey you know, if you really wanted to do an awesome thing that just might make about a zillion people happy, a soundset for the carenado stationare would be nice. it's a great plane, but sounds like a weed whacker.

Will see what I can do for the Stationaire...I don't have the plane, but as long as I have something of similar engine set up all will be fine.

And yes, the Twin 6 sound pack will work in FSX...it won't have all the neat bells and whistles of FSX, but from what I heard of the FSX Baron sounds during the short time that I had FSX installed today...it will be a major improvement.

The Stationaire uses the same basic engine as the 182....just grab the Twin 6 package and use it for the Stationair....the sim won't care that it is a twin engine package...it will only use stuff for engine 1 and forget that engine 2 is set up in the sound config file.

Here's a single engine config file to use:

Poop can't attach in edit mode. Next post!

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's the single engine config file. Just save it to your computer, rename it to remove the .txt from the end and you have a single engine config to go along with the tweaked sound files in the Twin 6 package.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wink

Hi,

Thank you !

Just a suggestion :

Poop can't attach in edit mode. Next post!
    Yes you can
    When in "edit mode" choice the "advanced mode" !

thanks tim this will really be a pleasure for my foray into the lyons pa-23!
    and thanks for every other darn thing you do up here, it's nice to see your work.

cheerio
    brady

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bpfowler View Post
    thanks tim . . . and thanks for every other darn thing you do up here, it's nice to see your work. . . .
    I'll certainly second *that* motion! Your fine work seems to enhance so many of the shortcomings I peg myself. It sure makes for superior Flight Simming. Thanks, Tim!
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

thanks! can't wait to try it out. for now i have to relinquish the computer to the children

I used to have the same problem...having to share the computer with the kids. I fixed that by slipping some rat poison into their Ovaltine when they weren't looking. Now the computer is all mine and their decomposing bodies, buried out in the flower garden, sure do make for outstanding fertilizer.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I share the computer with She Who Must Be Obeyed, and regularly run the Rat Poison Detector over my food!

Members who have read this thread: 0