'Tora, Tora, Tora'

Thread: 'Tora, Tora, Tora'

'Tora, Tora, Tora'

Just in case you haven't heard of them...
    --> http://www.toratoratora.com/

I saw them last weekend...really impressive!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I believe the Kate is a modified BT-13.
    The Zero's are modified T-6's
    I remember the first time I saw them at Oshkosh back in the later 70's.
    They did a great routine for the Warbird show. Including a B-17 coming in with one engine smoking and with only one main gear down. From what I remember The 17 (Texas Raiders) did touch down on the one gear for a touch and go! But that might have been wishfull thinking on my part. I can't really remember. Although, my brother has the family home movies from back then. I just can't remember if it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSteber View Post
    I believe the Kate is a modified BT-13.
    The Zero's are modified T-6's
    I remember the first time I saw them at Oshkosh back in the later 70's.
    They did a great routine for the Warbird show. Including a B-17 coming in with one engine smoking and with only one main gear down. From what I remember The 17 (Texas Raiders) did touch down on the one gear for a touch and go! But that might have been wishfull thinking on my part. I can't really remember. Although, my brother has the family home movies from back then. I just can't remember if it shows.
    You are right, I was a crew member of the Texas Raiders or 15 years and we did do a touch and go with one main gear down, the TnG lasted about 2 seconds. Both the Tora Group and the B-17 Texas Raiders are based out of the Houston area and part of the Gulf Coast Wing of the CAF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Hmmm yeah they sound vaguely familiar to me.

Nice pics!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Although I won't go on and on about it..... I just cannot stand those CAF tattoos.......YUCK!!!!!
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

Tora, Tora, Tora

I saw them last summer (2008) at McChord AFB near Fort Lewis, Washington.

A day before the air show, they flew over my house in perfect formation heading for the air base. The sound of all those radials raised goose bumps on my arms. I was mowing the yard at the time and didn't have time to get my camera, but here are some photos from the air show.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Great stuff folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wittpilot View Post
    Although I won't go on and on about it..... I just cannot stand those CAF tattoos.......YUCK!!!!!
    ????? What tattoos ??????????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    He's talking about the CAF Logo that their required to have on all their planes now.
    I think it's dumb too. Just takes away from the plane's beauty.

He's talking about the CAF Logo that their required to have on all their planes now.
    I think it's dumb too. Just takes away from the plane's beauty.
    Oh that, they have always been required to have Commemorative Air Force on the planes but now they they are 10 times larger. I don't like it either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I liked it when they were very small and under the small N-number under the stabilizer.
    Also, in this PC world of ours, I prefered it when they were called the Confederate Air Force! It was just cooler sounding. Never thought anything weird of it. Stupid PC crowd.

Charter Member 2011

Edwards Open Day

Some more of these, and others.
    A few really interesting formation shots
    P-38
    A-10
    F-16
    F-22
    in a stack, plus many others.

I was also interested to see the Boeing X-48 close to other things to give it some scale.

Yeah, I liked it when they were very small and under the small N-number under the stabilizer.
    Also, in this PC world of ours, I prefered it when they were called the Confederate Air Force! It was just cooler sounding. Never thought anything weird of it. Stupid PC crowd.

Excatly... Those of us in "in the know" in warbird aviation knew exactly where it said "Confederate Air Force"... It didn't distract your eye from the aircraft, but you knew which aircraft were CAF planes.... And warbird fans are the only real ones that would even care whose plane it was anyway! I think I was dealing with the "tramp stamps" okay till I saw it on Sentimental Journey, and the new P-51 that just was finished this summer that John helped out with....

-witt
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.