VRX superbug

Thread: VRX superbug

tigisfat

VRX superbug

I didn't want to sift through their forums, so I figured I'd ask the rumor mill around here. When will this bad boy be available for FSX/Accel?

I actually had dinner with Jon Blum yesterday after the Oregon Airshow. While, I would love to give a timeframe, the best I can tell you is that he is working his patootie off to get her done. There are even a few new features that are being implemented. I predict, and this is my opinion ONLY, that it will be done before the end of the year. Of course, Jon may have other plans or may even wish to chime in.

They did say on their forums that they wanted it ready by the end of the year. Whether that will actually happen... I doubt it.

(I wouldn't mind being wrong this time around )

VFR Reviews
    That's what it sounds like, mate

I really can't wait for this one :ernae:

tigisfat
    Thanks for the updates!!

Why is it so hard to release an FSX product out of a FS2004 product?

because FS2004 has limitations on polygons, while FSX doesn't. FSX employs alot of features that FS2004 doesn't, so I'm assuming they started fresh, and there will be plenty to tinker around with

From what I read on their forum, they want to include new features, maybe improve some things, not only export the model as FSX.

But it won't be completely free update for previous FS9 owner.
    Mike

The transfer into FSX is long and complex. Much of the code had to be gone over again to make it compatible with FSX, as it was coded outside of core FS2004. New features are being included. This is simply and utterly not a plane that one can convert over through the SDK.

Why is it so hard to release an FSX product out of a FS2004 product?
    Oh boy, where do I start.......<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

Members who have read this thread: 1