Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 6
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Mike,

That is awesome! I must try it tonight!

I did see that some ships have hanger bays, some for 1, some for 3, etc. 5 though, man...!

Ok.. Exactly how do I add a script. Full detail. I havent done that yet and hearing this, I must do it now. Do I need to download and run the manager program thing I heard about? or just drop a script into a folder? (Please forgive my not knowing this. If there is a webpage that explains it, send me there).

Did you get X3 TC yet? Its been a few days.

Side note; I still havent figured out how to get ships to run on their own in trading routes. Perhaps they do not do this in X3 TC.

Sure was wild to see Jupiter, Uranus, and Saturn last night. Very well done on the planet graphics.. I had goosebumps the entire time, lol...

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    Ok.. Exactly how do I add a script. Full detail. I havent done that yet and hearing this, I must do it now. Do I need to download and run the manager program thing I heard about? or just drop a script into a folder? (Please forgive my not knowing this. If there is a webpage that explains it, send me there)

<-- Me

Nevermind. I found it. :d

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Mike,

I did see that some ships have hanger bays, some for 1, some for 3, etc. 5 though, man...!

Ok.. Exactly how do I add a script. Full detail. I havent done that yet and hearing this, I must do it now. Do I need to download and run the manager program thing I heard about? or just drop a script into a folder? (Please forgive my not knowing this. If there is a webpage that explains it, send me there).

Did you get X3 TC yet? Its been a few days.

Bill
    Hey Bill, No sign of a package yet? I was hopeing to see something before I left but I guess it will be here when I get home from the road trip...

Regarding the scripts, it is a long process, you have to first activate the script editor, to do that make sure you are in space not docked at a station then go into the menus and change the pilot name to - "Thereshallbewings" (case sensitive and type it slowly the double l does not register if you enter it too fast) if you have done it correctly the name does not change on your screen but you will find a Script Editor in the Global Commands menu - then the fun begins. There are a huge number of mods and scripts including FSX style planes like an F14 and an F4U - soo cool looking in space. I had some of the XTM mods installed last time I was playing howver I am running without right now.

Here is the link for a good place to start with mods, the Xuniverse is one of the best I have found for mods - http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62

If you want to see some of the ships check out this page - http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6948

There are several total conversions including the full XTM (Xtended Nod) I havent tried it yet, I want to do a seperate install to try that, and I just don't have the time, besides the vanella game is plenty of fun for now.

Beware if you don't want to stumble on to spoilers there are plenty of them on those forums, most are well marked but you can stumble upon the odd one that is not so obviouly marked as a spoiler.

I am off to make a run in the new mammmoth before I pack the bags for the road trip, talk to you all in a couple of weeks, I keep thinking "Holy Feldercarb Starbuck..." 2 weeks no simming, I am getting the shakes just thinking about it!!!:isadizzy:
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    2 weeks no simming, I am getting the shakes just thinking about it!!!:isadizzy:
    eeeks! 2 weeks.. I thought you would only be gone a couple of days. Have a safe trip and have fun. I hope its so fun that you dont get a chance to miss the sims and gaming.

Is your mother inlaw going?

Thanks for the tips. They are working. I am now at 20,000,000 in my account, lolol.. Time to go shopping.

Bill

eeeks! 2 weeks.. I thought you would only be gone a couple of days. Have a safe trip and have fun. I hope its so fun that you dont get a chance to miss the sims and gaming.

Is your mother inlaw going?

Thanks for the tips. They are working. I am now at 20,000,000 in my account, lolol.. Time to go shopping.

Bill
    I probably won't have time to miss anything while I am gone, I am meeting up with a very dear old friend tomorrow who I have not seen in 35 years, then it is 2 weeks traveling through the Annapolis Valley to 5 different hospitals teaching the staff (think me qne 350 nurses.... :mixedsmi how to order their office supplies through our Website.

I have a ton of other work piled up but it will have to wait those nurses come first...lol

Wish me luck, I just hope I survive
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    Wish me luck, I just hope I survive

Good luck Mike and Gods Blessings and Speed! I hope it goes smoother then ever and more gets accomplished then ever imagined before.

Well, I got the cheat things installed, and created a Baldric 'Terran' ship.

Goodness! I then outfitted it with all the extra's and goodies and took it for a spin, then a few hops through the Boron and Teladi sectors (North West). Awesome!!! This bird is doing like over 600 M/S, lolol... I have roughly 7,000 available in the cargo bay, and I think I can get a good amount of people in it, at least from what I see of the windows on the exterior. I could be wrong. I want a fast personal craft, so I am hoping this will be it.

Next will be the Tokyo class Carrier (Terran / Earth ship). It has a huge cargo bay, and can carry (I think) 64 ships in the hanger bay. And..... (and) it definately looks like Syd Mead made the thing, lol.... So Assymetrical its crazy. The round section on the thing is the hanger deck, evidently rotates to launch fighters, or something.

The smooth new Baldric (screenshots) is the new baby. The Terrans (us) make some smooth, nice looking ships. Love the windows from Engineering overlooking the aft and the underside belly area between the rear main engines. Cool front fuselage as well.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Edit; Addition supplement to above post.

On the carrier; Notes. That Tokyo carrier looks like a flying saucer, mounted to a hull that has an engine on the rear, and a huge set of rail gun armament on the nose. Wild design, lol.. Note, that it is HUGE.............! really huge..

On the new Baldric, that thing looks really similar to the ship in that Star Trek series. I cant remember the name of it off hand (I'm sorry fellow Trekkies.. I am old you know). Very clean shape...

In getting new ships that are in my own command, I have to make a comparison of this game with Flight Simulator. With FS, you can add tons of freeware and payware planes (and scenery, etc) to it. In X3, you can obtain, add, etc, tons of things just as well. This makes it pretty darn expandable, just like FS.

I wonder if we can add worlds? That might be locked in by the game maker group.

What if...................?

SOH-CM-2014
    Got it! One 'Tokyo Class' super carrier, M1, dreadnaught by the Terran home world sector!!!! Smells like a new car! :d

What a mammoth 'thing'! lol...

An ocean of hull metal along the top, tons of ribbing structure underneath, a giant super door in the midships Port beam. The saucer section is just simpy huge.. The engines remind me of the Discovery in 2001 a Space Odyssee.

Syd Mead had to have designed this one... Had to have.....

EDIT: Views listing

1. Top view, bow at left
    2. Hanger Door; multi level
    3. Port (left) side, rear looking forward
    4. Engines, top down on left
    5. Top rear looking forward, ocean of decking material
    6. saucer section
    7. Right rear, looking forward
    8. Right Front near bow
    9. Lower rear right, side near engines
    10. Left view, bow at left

SOH-CM-2014
    Man...

A few notes on owning your own carrier.

* Can only dock at shipyards, so you cannot save games until you are in a system with a shipyard.

* To take on cargo like Energy Cells, etc, you must use Freight Drones to retrieve your cargo from stations, then do a Freight Transfer after they land

* Remember to make the carrier 'their' (drones) home so you can command them to return to 'home' when they have picked up the cargo. (Fly them seperately by remote AP to retrieve, trade, return).

* The gate is a tight fit. Be careful.

* Probably best to manually fly it through difficult area's. Use SETA drive and have it at 1000%. The Tokyo only clips along at top speed of 87 M/S and axial rotation during an AP parking manuever is extremely slow, as you would guess.

Pretty cool watching two drones leave your cargo bay and dock at a nearby station. These drones can also go extra system to retrieve cargo...

You can set the drones to 'email' you when they arrive.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Feng,

If you want to get it online, there is a Mac version here;

http://www.deliver2mac.com/index.php...roducts_id=369

I do not have the mac version though, and I do not know if you can install the cheats... so you might hold off until you find out..

Bill

careful with using them cheats...it'll kill your addiction fast. Cuz it removes the "need to work to get something better" aspect of gameplay....which is the key in these types of simulations...

i remember using a cheat in Civilization 4...and soon all my cities were rich and well protected by tanks/planes, etc...i was the power of all...then there was no challenge anymore and it got really boring...deleted the game soon after.

-feng

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by FengZ View Post
    careful with using them cheats...it'll kill your addiction fast. Cuz it removes the "need to work to get something better" aspect of gameplay....which is the key in these types of simulations...

i remember using a cheat in Civilization 4...and soon all my cities were rich and well protected by tanks/planes, etc...i was the power of all...then there was no challenge anymore and it got really boring...deleted the game soon after.

-feng

Roger that and I hear yah.

This already happened and I lost my drive as I didnt need to make money anymore, which was the addiction in the first place; obtaining that which I needed to make myself better, and that 'high' from accomplishment.

But.. I decided to try a new avenue which is to see what all the game can do. I want to make some stations and get things animated. I also kept my addiction of making funds (credits) which still gives me that mild high of accomplishment. I will probably figure a way to create a fleet of freighters running trade routes. (I just need to figure out how to get those animated, if there is even a way).

I did consider having a seperate installation of the game just for this when I was overwhelmed at the loss of 'need for trade'. I still might do that.

This even hit me inside, lol... My 'Christian' beliefs were tested. I am not cheating anyone, so I cannot say I am stealing. I want to learn more of this game and do not have months to come up with the funds for obtaining certain ships and stations, though the reward of that 'high' of accomplishment is not as moderate now, lol..

'Catch 22'

Bill

Retired SOH Administrator
    Must be a very interesting game, I have not started it yet, my new copy is sitting on my desk.

I upgraded my OSX to Snow - first.

I might load it tonight on a Dell computer XP, and see how it delivers...

I know myself, I am easily get carried away...

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Chacha View Post
    Must be a very interesting game, I have not started it yet, my new copy is sitting on my desk.

I upgraded my OSX to Snow - first.

I might load it tonight on a Dell computer XP, and see how it delivers...

I know myself, I am easily get carried away...

Hey ChaCha,

I tried it on my hp Laptop and it was horrible. Unplayable. Its an older hp though, about 2 years old, and laptops arent known for being gaming computers unless its something crazy like a Alienware.

Even on my iMac 24, it can stutter now and then.

Bill

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Need some help......

I've done the "pilot name change" thing,
    the script editor seems to be active,
    I've downloaded a coupla interesting scripts to an independant folder but they are in "rar" and I can't open them (do I need to??).
    Could someone give me a step by step guide on what to do next...
    (or point me to a tutorial)??

Thanks,
    LD
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    Need some help......

I've downloaded a coupla interesting scripts to an independant folder but they are in "rar" and I can't open them (do I need to??).

Thanks,
    LD

Hey LD,

Download the latest Script Manager (not editor) and run that. It will have three programs that popup or install start icons on your desktop; Plugin Manager Installer, Plugin Manager Packager, and Plugin Manager Ship Creator.

EDIT
    Here is a webpage from the actual creators on how to use the Plugin Manager;
    http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216693

EDIT
    Here is the Plugin Manager unit. I think I downloaded the regular one as I have had badluck with Beta's.
    http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.p...4bd26af042267c

EDIT
    Next, download the base Cheats combo pack and install that via the Plugin Installer.
    http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216691

Next, run X3TC, punch in 'Therebewings', and then save and reboot the game.

Now, start the game. Note that you cannot be docked when accessing the Cheat menu screen 'unless' you use a different shop through 'r' menu (personal belongings / Ships). Access a ship there, when you are docked, and you can then access your Cheat Menu.

To access the Cheat Menu Screen, click R to go to Ships, select a undocked ship, click on the space craft in the green window, click Orders / Command Console / Custom then click on the 'Cheat Menu'

Note1; You must create a location for a ship or station to appear at, and assign it to the race; 'Therebewings'. Otherwise, it flies home to its mother race.

Note2; Dreadnaughts can only be boarded by docking with it at a shipyard. I tried the pilot transfer thing and it didnt seem to work. I may be doing something wrong though.

I installed through the cheats/Add Equipment/Transporter, which has a range of 5 Kilometers. But I couldnt find a menu flag that says 'Transporter' or 'Transport Pilot to other Ship', so that is in limbo for now.

Also, I wonder if you can add 'normal' ships to dock in a carrier or dreadnaught? Right now, I have 2 drones (created from the Build Ship Cheat Menu). It would be nice to throw my Iguanna in there, lol... Might be too big though. For some reason, it will not dock at my carrier.

So... LD, what do you have your eyes on? What are you thinking of getting?

Bill

Thanks Bill !!!!
    I'll give that a try.....

I was going to start with "universal satellites" to help with trading and maybe "rebuild hull & shields" to save money.

LD

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey LD,

Roger that and most welcome. I added some Edits in there with clickable links. You might re-read that.

I can access 'other' ships that 'are' docked just fine and access the Cheat menu, so evidently it only pertains to the actual pilot and not other craft.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Ok.. I loaded up the Carrier Command software pack on the Mako I have, and that ansered to docking on my Carrier. It wouldnt dock when I was docked to the shipyard.

:d

Time for a road trip! lol...

SOH-CM-2014
    LD,

What did you get? Did the Cheat menu work for you ok?

I ended up doing recon in the South East. Man.. Found gates everywhere.. and pirates.. and some evil hostiles...

I dont know what I did to my Iguanna Vanguard, but it now does 2155 M/S, without using SETA drive, lolol.. Perfect for evading the bad guys..

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    Need some help......

Thanks,
    LD
    LD on the RAR files, you most likely have to extract those first, do a google search for Winrar or 7zip, both of those programs will extract RAR compressed files, the rest is in Lionhearts post, use the Add In manager it makes adding and running scripts much easier overall.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Alright Eli.....

Time to unwrap the package....

Gently take off the plastic cover, take out the DVD, insert it into your iMac, and start the install........

Dont be skiiiiiiiird....

There is a whole new set of adventures out there waiting for you....

Bill

Retired SOH Administrator

I am NOT Scared.... at all

Alright Eli.....

Time to unwrap the package....

Gently take off the plastic cover, take out the DVD, insert it into your iMac, and start the install........

Dont be skiiiiiiiird....

There is a whole new set of adventures out there waiting for you....

Bill

I have NO FEAR Lionheart..... ... Not me, I am a warrior!!! I can capture the kha' ... (however you spell it) and bind her and cast her out....

I am rearranging my files.... doing a lot of back ups.... and all my pictures on iPhoto.....

I know I will be occupied for a lot of hours/days/week/months if I start the TCX3 game, so I better be ready....

My Opera is acting up.... and is not cooperating.... I wonder? :isadizzy:

Eli- the warrior

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    A cool map of the ships scales (sizes)

Original (around 3,000 pixels wide, huge!) is available here; http://www.lucike.info/x3_terran_con...pitalships.jpg

The Tokyo M1 Carrier is 3rd from the left, top row. :d

Yumpin Yiminee!........It works !!!!!
    Loaded up super tuning, hull & shield rebuild and universal satellites.
    Followed Gig's plan and purchased a Mammoth freighter.
    Now I need to arm it and figure out how to get some fighters to dock in the hanger.

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.