Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 3
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

Madman
    Looks like a Terran Scimitar.

Stats are here: http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_ships/x3-sh...?c=NTkzNTc2MTk

Can be purchased here: http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_map/ware-li...sh=NTkzNTc2MTk

The universe is a dangerous place......especially when parked in front of a gate.

Thanks gigabyte, I'll have to check that out.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks MadMan,

Dang. That thing goes for 1.5 mil! Expensive ride! lol... Can only do 200 m/s with full engines tune. I'll have to wait a bit. arrgh..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    Bjoern, I doubt you would be bored with the latest versions of X3, it has probably the best variety of any space sim I have tried (an I go back a long way) the thing I like is you can pick your own destiny, and switch if you like.
    The problem is the learning curve.

I liked Freelancer for telling a story which introduced you to the game mechanisms one by one and then throw you into the universe after they made sure you could at least survive.

X was like "Here's the sandbox; here's a small shovel; mommy will go shopping for a few hours; have fun!", which isnt quite practical considering the masses of game features.

If this keeps up we will be asking for an X3 Sub Forum...lol
    I wouldn't mind a forum for space sims...

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Note for newbies. Dont sit in front of a jump gate after coming out of it. Some might take a moment to check supplies at systems via the sector map. But the engines reset to idle when you come through the gate. I've lost 2 ships this way now.. arrghh.. I also watched a huge dreadnaught battle ship bite the dust this way. It took too long making a rotation to go through the gate, a ship came through, and boom... Debris everywhere..
    Wouldn't be a problem for me. As a Freespace 2 veteran I instinctively hit the burner and dive once I've jumped into a system. Let's say the cause for this was a nearly unpleasant encounter with a Sathanas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrchciHCI8A

You guys talked me into it, so I ordered it for one of my Christmas presents.
    GoGamer has it for $29.90 with 3 buck shipping.

http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.h...&extid=Froogle

EDIT: I have to ask if a 7950 GT video card will run this game or do I need something better? I hate wasting the money on something new until I really need it.
    Some of my favorite sites,

Dog rescue, Mostly Dalmatians and Beagles
    http://www.rockyspot.org/index.php

Big cat rescue, Lions, Tigers and Bears, oh my!
    http://www.gwpark.org/

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Quote Originally Posted by RickN View Post
    You guys talked me into it, so I ordered it for one of my Christmas presents.
    GoGamer has it for $29.90 with 3 buck shipping.

http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.h...&extid=Froogle

EDIT: I have to ask if a 7950 GT video card will run this game or do I need something better? I hate wasting the money on something new until I really need it.
    I'm running it on a 7200 GS with no problems.......

LD
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Holy crap!!!

Doing a little research on this and finding some great mods. Anyone seen the X-Fleet mod? Carriers, battleships, fighters etc.

http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6947

Even a Babylon 5 mod.

http://b5.hc-gamer.de/index.php?mod=news&action=recent

Forgot the X-Fleet pic.

One more pic from the X-Fleet mod, the USS Missouri. Makes me wonder what would happen if our guys went nuts on this game, "Spitfires in Space" ?

keep this thread going! Im not playing this game, but i love reading all these comments. The human imagination is powerful! :P

-feng

SOH-CM-2014
    Thanks Rick for the heads up. Very interesting on the fleet and BSG ships.

The game is really nice for getting some feelings of accomplishments (for me financially), as I can go out and make some good funds, which can be difficult these days, lol... But other times, I can explore space and it does remind me of Battle Star Galactica, with the quietness and manuverability, high detail hulls of ships, etc. Exploration in this sim or game is very much like FS in that you have freedom, and you can 'find things', little discoveries. Flying past a new ship you havent seen before in a new star system, a new factory complex that is space born that you can do a close fly by and see the tons of detail.

And... When I mean high detail, I am not pulling legs.. I am talking little mini rail cars running along legs of station structures, tons of window lighting, bump mapping, reflections on the hulls against stars, nebula's, and planets, etc, etc... Some extremely well done work here.

I was dreaming around with this the other night. Making a 'planetary landing mode' where one could land on a planet and take on cargo, etc, would be cool and might be interesting. Doing a colored atmospheric tunnel effect (like doing the jump gate, but extended and colored and more like an atmosphere then a wormhole), might be pretty interesting. Just show a simple animation of a landing pattern on a planet, a station there, etc, would be cool, for a next Generation version X3... Just a wild idea to increase the envelope of the game-scope....

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Bill you are so right about the freedom to explore and just "look around", have you tried ejecting from your ship when you are near a gate or station? You end up in a space suite with a propulsion pack that allows you to scoot around and explore things close up - now if there was an airlock you could manually enter that would open up a whole new world, first person interaction on a station... ??? Oh important safety tip, before you eject make sure your ship is STOPPED, the first time I forgot that little detail and I watched my ship drift away, you can still access the command console and bring it back, but be careful those things do a real number on you when they plow into you at 100 KM...lol
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Bill you are so right about the freedom to explore and just "look around", have you tried ejecting from your ship when you are near a gate or station? You end up in a space suite with a propulsion pack that allows you to scoot around and explore things close up - now if there was an airlock you could manually enter that would open up a whole new world, first person interaction on a station... ??? Oh important safety tip, before you eject make sure your ship is STOPPED, the first time I forgot that little detail and I watched my ship drift away, you can still access the command console and bring it back, but be careful those things do a real number on you when they plow into you at 100 KM...lol

Oh man! Thanks for the heads up Gigabyte! I hadnt thought about that.

I still would like to find an abondoned ship. Someday.....

Bill

Oh man! Thanks for the heads up Gigabyte! I hadnt thought about that.

I still would like to find an abondoned ship. Someday.....

Bill
    Bill they are out there, I could tell you where to find some... but then I would have to kill you...lol (now where did I hear that before???)
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

dadmod
    Have been reading the manual and some of the other "guidebooks" available on the Egosoft forum. Very helpful; am nowtrading profitably and exploring the X3: Reunion universe. Pretty cool.
    BTW, these guidebooks give coordinates of abandoned ships...among other things!!

SOH-CM-2014
    Thanks guys for the heads up and info.

In trading ore, I find the best thing to do is find a station that is practically out. They will pay 250. Then find an asteroid mine that is stocked 100%. Buy ore at 50 CR, sell for 250...!

The problem is going 2 or 3 Jumps (if Herrons Nebula is low), and get the ore and get back before someone else (AI craft) gets to them first and beats you on the sale.

Anyone do well with Computer Components? What are some 'exotic' higher priced cargo's to run? Besides space fuel, lol... (Whiskey runs for those that do not know).

dadmod
    Silicon wafers, energy cells, and ore between Power Circle, Herron's Nebula and Argon Prime or wherever else one can find them at upper and lower prices.
    Trading is much like Privateer. Am about ready to take on the plot...

I'm doing great with ore in the Argon and Boron areas......think I'll stay there for awhile with an occasional recon in the Discoverer.

I've got all the trade extensions (incuding the MK 3 ) but still can't figure out how to remote trade.....
    tried buying some nav sats but it wouldn't let me...:isadizzy:

LD

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    tried buying some nav sats but it wouldn't let me...:isadizzy:

LD

Lucky Dog,

I did find that you can buy Sats at the Free Trade ports! Only some systems will allow Sats.

Thanks guys for the input. So I am on the right path. :d

Ive been without X3 (and FS) for days. Tonight, I fly, man!

:ernae:

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey guys,

I have installed Relay Satellites in several systems now. But when I access them, I cannot get the 'best sales and best deals'. I have all available options concerning purchase modules and all.

What might I be missing?

Bill

Hey guys,

I have installed Relay Satellites in several systems now. But when I access them, I cannot get the 'best sales and best deals'. I have all available options concerning purchase modules and all.

What might I be missing?

Bill
    Howdy Bill...........

I'm in the same boat.....can't seem to get them to work together.
    Those Sats sure make things easier tho........!

LD

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    Howdy Bill...........

LD
    Roger that.

Well, at least I now have 5 units out there floating around, waiting. :d

I noticed that 2 things are always in really low quantity, from supplier to factory, and that is Teladianium (a form of alien aluminum, in mineral form for ship and Sat manufacturers), and computer components from computer factorys.

Always a need, always the prices are higher to buy them then to sell them. So I am thinking that somewhere in the X3 universe is the motherload of Teladianium and Computer parts. :d Just must be. That would be the golden shipload to have one load of those things and bring them back.

I wonder if we can store cargo somewhere? I guess we have to buy ships and use them as storage in order to do that. We need wharehouse room, lol...

By the way, its cool how you eject the Sats into orbit. Also, they have a distance of sensors so you need to place it near structures you wish to monitor. Its a gray zone in the Sector map (sphere looking thing) that surrounds the Sat. I might move some of mine close to the factories I want to monitor (if I can move them). You can eject them seperately (from Frieght menu), but maybe we can pick them up too, lol..

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Howdy Bill...........

LD

LD,

IT IS WORKING!!!

Go to Universe map, select a star system far away with a Sat, click/select a factory near it (any) and click on that factory for INFO and note that all sliders of products are visible instead of question marks.

:d

Roger that.

I noticed that 2 things are always in really low quantity, from supplier to factory, and that is Teladianium (a form of alien aluminum, in mineral form for ship and Sat manufacturers), and computer components from computer factorys.

Always a need, always the prices are higher to buy them then to sell them. So I am thinking that somewhere in the X3 universe is the motherload of Teladianium and Computer parts. :d Just must be. That would be the golden shipload to have one load of those things and bring them back.

I wonder if we can store cargo somewhere? I guess we have to buy ships and use them as storage in order to do that. We need wharehouse room, lol...

By the way, its cool how you eject the Sats into orbit. Also, they have a distance of sensors so you need to place it near structures you wish to monitor. Its a gray zone in the Sector map (sphere looking thing) that surrounds the Sat. I might move some of mine close to the factories I want to monitor (if I can move them). You can eject them seperately (from Frieght menu), but maybe we can pick them up too, lol..

Bill
    Bill I will not give out spoilers unless you ask specifically, but there are some good sources out there for Teladianium for sure, I have only noticed one good location for computer chips, but I suspect there are more.

I have not been concentrating on trading so much this time around, I have been on the exploration path. I am working on maping every sector into my nav computer and building a fleet as I go along. It is kind of fun, I pick up missions from the stations which helps build my reputation with each race (if completed properly) and my credits, then as I can afford a newer or better ship I grab what ever looks best, then park it at a station where it will be safe. I have found a nice fast scout ship which allows me to outrun any pirates I encounter (so far) and I figure I am about 2/3 of the way through maping the known universe.

Oh as for storing cargo, you can store wares on a ship if you like, I have some on one of my parked freighters, you can also once you have the credits build a station and store stuff there.

The are several maps and spoiler threads out there if you want to go that route (I used them when I was a NOBO at the game) and they can save time.

I am off for a weeks holidays so I won't be around until next Monday, watch your six while I am gone, and take care out there...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Bill I will not give out spoilers unless you ask specifically, but there are some good sources out there for Teladianium for sure, I have only noticed one good location for computer chips, but I suspect there are more.

I have not been concentrating on trading so much this time around, I have been on the exploration path. I am working on maping every sector into my nav computer and building a fleet as I go along. It is kind of fun, I pick up missions from the stations which helps build my reputation with each race (if completed properly) and my credits, then as I can afford a newer or better ship I grab what ever looks best, then park it at a station where it will be safe. I have found a nice fast scout ship which allows me to outrun any pirates I encounter (so far) and I figure I am about 2/3 of the way through maping the known universe.

Oh as for storing cargo, you can store wares on a ship if you like, I have some on one of my parked freighters, you can also once you have the credits build a station and store stuff there.

The are several maps and spoiler threads out there if you want to go that route (I used them when I was a NOBO at the game) and they can save time.

I am off for a weeks holidays so I won't be around until next Monday, watch your six while I am gone, and take care out there...

Thanks Mike for the heads up.

Enjoy your holiday. I hope it isnt too cold up there in the great white north, eh!

:d

Bill

SOH-CM-2014

Trading Taladianium

Hey all,

I have made some connections with trading Taladianium. Last night, I noted that all Taladianium factories were out of ore. So I picked up ore at other locations and 'fed the factories'. I came back and one factory was suddenly nearly filled with Taladianium. I purchased a ship load at flew back to Argon Prime (from Rolks Drift, far North), and sold half the load to a factory there, (all they could hold is half of my cargo), and another bulk to a factory outside of Argon Prime. My profit was 50+ credits per unit, so that was a huge profit! :d

This could be a good way of making money or credits.

So the Taladianium need ore, and some of the factories need Taladianium, and so perhaps that too will effect the construction (lower the prices and make more available) certain ships and satellites.

Oh.... I found out how to retrieve your own satellites. You slowly run into it, and the ships computer says 'You have placed a Relay Sat in your cargo hold!' lol.... (Found that out by mistake. My Saitek is difficult to set to zero speed. I was going to eject from my ship and try to get it, but hit it instead).

The things you learn....

Also found another Gas giant planet last night.

Some of these planets look like they are definately Terraformed. They look like a moon with tons of craters, but sport odd colored oceans and cloudy skies. Could you imagine our own moon terraformed complete with oceans and beaches, cloudy skies and rain?

I was thinking, what would you do with all the craters? Perhaps they would make great properties, but then again, they would probably all hold water, so they the land would look like Minnesota.. eh? :d (all those lakes....)

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    I was just thinking......

If you were to have a 'Light Speed Nav Computer' console... and you could tell it to 'jump' to a star system...

then...

You add a lengthened 'worm hole effect' (stars turning to lines, passing by with some cloudy effects, etc), that lasts about 10 seconds or so, and lasts longer for longer distance jumps, you would then have something so darn close to Star Wars, it wouldnt be funny.

The trick is to have the jumps built into the console instead of the jump rings.

Also, how would you discover the other systems if you have to jump to them first? That would have to be figured out.

Also, if you could land on planets and could fly/drive speeders, that would be 50% of the game right there....

Freedom! Freedom to fly where you wanted too.. Hyper jumps to other star systems, visit Correscant, Tatooine, etc...

Oh man!

Bill