Which KPDX Portland for FSX? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which KPDX Portland for FSX?

Quote Originally Posted by CrisGer View Post
    thanks re the zip, and yes, i knew about V moving on, he moved over to the French set of AddOns, the VFR set for Paris, and different regions of France.
    Hmmm, I guess what I'd like from him is some kind of explanation really, for deserting a website completely without explanation and leaving everyone wondering.

Does he have a website for the French addon work he's doing?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I believe he and his partner both have worked extensively on the very detailed and large add on series for France, it is a huge project really and from what I have seen in screenshots and some brief visits, before i had to upgrade my install, remarkable work.... i dont know the details, i have joined the website over there but i dont think i have been activated yet, it is holiday time in France and things will be slow until everyone gets back from the beach or the mountains.... but i will try to find him and get some help.

Being a scenery designer is remarkably intensive work from what i have seen over my time studying these sims, and working with the changes between FS9 and FSX has been a steep challenge for them as well as for us from what i hear. So hopefuly, in the spirit of sharing from that experience we maybe able to get some help, but you never know.
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

I'd sure appreciate the secrets to some of your mods (if you will), Chris/Falcon! It all looks great.

I believe about two years ago, Reality XP, Flight Scenery and Dreamfleet formed a small group called "Airliner XP" who would build "the best Airbus the world has ever seen". It took away Paul Golding from Dreamfleet and (I also believe) prevented any further development of his fabulous Boeing 727 for FSX, and also Vauchez, who promptly lost all further interest in the Flight Scenery program. It's too bad, because that project is also now dead.

Regards,

pj

Paul, if you backtrack in this thread i think you will find most of the bgls needed to update, to remove the default terminal and add some trees and other details, but you need to own the original scenery too, which is a payware.

We are adding traffic using either WoAI or Ulitmate Traffic as the original traffic does not seem to translate from FS9 to FSX which is a pity as they had a great mix of commercial and GA including a nifty Beaver sitting over on the private side. ah well, at least we can run this in FSX now and it works pretty well. You can try the UT adaptations, i havent, as i have enough trouble keeping things working with that as it is.

enjoy
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Sounds good, Chris: I haven't much of a problem with lack of traffic: I used to have either clouds or traffic! I now have REX - which has fabulous clouds, works at a better frame rate - one that will allow more traffic that the meagre 10% that I'm used to. I keep drooling over the i7, but I'm so close to retirement I can smell it! $1500 on a system upgrade means an extra two months of work!

Cheers,

pj

Thanks for posting the instructions and files for converting Flightzone Portland to FSX!

After making all modifications as suggested above I too experienced double coastlines around Portland as well as all the way to Seattle as a result of the Flightzone software not being compatible with UTX USA.

What I did was to delete all of the files that were changed to .org from the UTX patch plus all of the other HL and HP simular type files as well. In addition, I did not put in the EX files listed in one of the tweak downloads that were posted above. All of these files do the same thing that UTX does so they are not needed if you have UTX USA. Just let UTX USA do it's thing without interference from these Flightzone files and everything looks great without any double coastlines.

Hope this helps

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MSW View Post
    . . . . .What I did was to delete all of the files that were changed to .org from the UTX patch plus all of the other HL and HP simular type files as well. In addition, I did not put in the EX files listed in one of the tweak downloads that were posted above. . . . . . .
    Hope this helps
    Mike
    Mike, these files you speak of, are we talking about the scenery folder for the Portland scenery or somewhere else? I have a few "ori" files but nothing with and "org" extension. Also, I found a few "hl" files, but no "hp" or "ex". Can you elaborate?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

In Addon Scenery/ Flightzone02_SC/Scenery. Arrange by name. I deleted FL9159150_FZ02_CRG_EX.ori, HL915150_FZ02_CRG_EX.ori through HP_123126_FZ02_lwm.bgl (about 36 files), RD915150_FZ02_CRG_EX.ori through RD_FZ02_122126.bgl (5 files), RR915150_FZ02_CRG_EX.ori, ST915150_FZ02_CRG_EX.ori

Plus if present I deleted FL915150_FZ02_EX.bgl, HL915150_FZ02_EX.bgl, HP915150_FZ02_EX.bgl, RD915150_FZ02_EX.bgl, RR915150FZ02_EX.bgl, ST915150_FZ02_EX.bgl

I hope I got all of this correct.

Mike

Updated Parking For Terminal Gates

Hi Guys,

I came across this tread while doing some research on converting FZ 02 Portland to FSX. I too have found that it is "usable" although not perfect by removing the files you have mentioned. I am trying to use it with Orbx PNW and Ultimate Traffic 2. It seemed like the best KPDX airport around to use with Orbx. The results so far are pleasing, and the scenery blends nicely with both Orbx PNW and Jim Harris' new release of the Portland Cityscape, availabe for free download on the Orbx website. I have had to add several Exclusion rectangles to the airport and Portland bridges. The biggest problem I saw was how the gate parking did not line up correctly with the terminal buildings. I am working to correct this with AFX, but still needs a little work. Has anyone at this point redone the AF2 FILE for the airports. If so, I would like to collaberate the efforts. If not, i will be posting the finished work on my website to share with all. I would also be interested in the military parking and added trees .bgls that was mentioned earlier. Please contact me if interested in collaberating on this project. I also plan to "fix" FlyTampa Seattle NEXT in order to have a decent PNW package that enhances Orbx PNW. Of course, Bill Wammack over at Orbx could just release a new airport package for both Seattle and PDX and save us all a lot of trouble...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by lkrobbins1973 View Post
    ...Of course, Bill Wammack over at Orbx could just release a new airport package for both Seattle and PDX and save us all a lot of trouble...LOL.
    This will (partly) happen obviously, but I don't know if Bill Womack is the actual author. So before you delve into a big KPDX project see this Orbx roadmap:
    http://fullterrain.com/product_roadmap.html
    In the OrbX forum John has already confirmed a release for this year.

It seems that OrbX is shying away from KSEA because of the low FPS you get in that area (AFAIK that's the same reason why they shyed away from YSSY).
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Yep, a "modern" version of KPDX is indeed in the works. I had no idea before agreeing to do it just how much work a large-ish int'l airport is - especially with the kind of detail Orbx customers have come to expect. Okay, I had some idea, but wow... it's a big 'un.

So yeah, Portland Int'l is coming along. As for KSEA? Oy. I have no idea who'll tackle that sucker, but it will not be me. Not anytime soon, anyway.

There's that lesser spotted Bill Womack, I knew him once, sadly all he does now is hide in his pod I fear.
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

KPDX and KSEA

Thanks a lot for the update bill and Vora. I will definitely be looking forward to the release of KPDX by Orbx. It is sure to be a high quality add-on. Meanwhile, I have the FlightZone 02 Portland looking very good in FSX. Have added exclusions, eliminated problem files, found a way to minimize texture blending, repositioned the parking gates at PDX and fixed the taxiways to line up properly at PDX and KVUO. Will comPlete the other airports and upload the modified files to my website soon. I will post an update when it's complete. Then I plan to see what can be done to modify KSEA FlyTampa Seattle for FSX. So keep a watch on my site at http://www.myflightsimblog.com.

Larry

I'd like to See Pearson and Troutdale again myself....I loved them in FS9 with the Flightzone editions.....sure do miss them.

FlightZone02: Portland Patch for FSX

Ok Kids. I have completed a Patch File that will allow you to use FlightZone02: Portland for FSX. Its not 100% perfect, but its really close. There are still some texture blending issues on some areas of the runways, but its not a deal breaker. Worked hard on fixin that issue. I also replaced the AF1 files with my own for KPDX, KVOU, KTTD, and KHIO using the Orbx version as a starter, then modifying with Flight1's AFX program to match up with the FlightZone02: Portland scenery. Looks pretty good when combined with Orbx NA Blue PNW. Simply download the patch file from my website at http://www.myflightsimblog.com/MyFli...Blog/KPDX.html and follow the detailed instructions on how to install your original copy of FlightZone02: Portland. I have also uploaded the patch file to the SOH website. Looking forward to seeing your screenshots.

The update looks great! Looking at the screenshots though, I was struck by how much the real-world KPDX has changed since FZ02. There's a whole new building between the tower and the parking garage, more development along the road leading up to the terminal, and a huge shopping complex nestled next to the freeway ramps now - including a giant IKEA building & sign. Runway 10L/28R has been lengthened (with work starting on 10R/28L soon), and is about to be repaved in concrete. Time waits for no simulated aerodrome!

Still, good to see FZ getting some extended life support.