FSX Cera Bell412 - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: FSX Cera Bell412

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    One thing they could improve or an idea is like the Dodo offer a skill level so all can enjoy and work up to a full cold start. While i enjoy the bell412 from them and is a great purchase for me with matt's OZ customs service paint im still on the ground scratching my head how to start this beast. Err I'll get it sooner or later. Were did i park my Jayhawk I need a stress relief flight.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

dennison
    Have you seen the start video a few pages back? it also helps if you are in DX9 with tool tips enabled. Hover the mouse pointer over each of the throtles and make sure they are wound down to 0% if they are not flick the idle stop switch (on collective) then reduce to 0%.

That may help.

Quote Originally Posted by CBris View Post
    I finally went and got it.

Ummm... CTD every time. Depending on how swiftly I can start the engines, I can get airborne, but sadly every flight has ended in a CTD so far.

ALL other Release Candidate models work so far (although there is a beta that is causing different heartburn - and has been removed to see if that affects the 412). FSX behaves 'normally' with other planes etc. (haven't tested all of course) Just the 412 causes a crash.

I have written to CERA on their page and I am repeating here just in case anyone else has similar funnies.

Oh - one thing that I have noticed... the attitude indicater has "stutters" on my installation, but the startup video doesn't.

Once I did get this thing flying for a while though, I found her not to be that responsive. Even with reality sliders maxed. Needs a bit of flight experience I guess.

I see some nice paints already guys - good going.
    Chris,
    what system specs to you have
    I have it now since the lastweek and not a single crash to desktop at all

BR
    Tom

System - should be good enough. AMD FX62 dualcore, nvidia 8800 GTS 512, 3 GB Corsair RAM in two matched pairs, vista 64 and yes, I am up to speed on drivers.

I'll try an uninstall - reinstall later.
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

gajit
    Done a green one

and a stripy one that has driven me mad to get lined up.

Charter Member 2012
    Here's one that I have on the go still wip

My system specs are The wifey says no to a new computer

that carabinieri paint is nice
    to you thinking of painting a guardia costiera paint too ?

BR
    Tom

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post

BR
    Tom

The paints easy enough to do the problem is the wrong model (no radome or hoist).

Bruce

gajit
    NIce work Bruce :ernae:

Bruce,
    I think until we may get the right model a semi real without radome or hoist will be ok

BR
    Tom

Charter Member 2012
    Bruce,
    I think until we may get the right model a semi real without radome or hoist will be ok

BR
    Tom
    Tom I'll have a play unless someone is already diong it?

Bruce

Great to see that the Comunity have so much fun with this helicopter - have done 3 Paints myself - all are fictitious - and will be ready tomorrow.

Hey Gajit - infected by the "Paint-Virus" ? They looking very good

Greetings Dirk

where all all these paints located at? I have checked the usual suspects to no avail.

jeansy released his australien paints at www.aussiex.org
    the other paints have not yet released

BR
    Tom

dennison
    gajit,
    How is your DHFS repaint coming along?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gajit View Post
    Done a green one

Almost there, but the lighter green is too bright and applely for the Griffon, see here http://www.airliners.net/photo/Canad...fon/1475779/M/ and http://www.airliners.net/photo/Canad...fon/1507753/M/

Also the markings like 'Canada' and the Roundel aren't black, but olive green

Question

How many sheets are there to the paintkit, and is it relatively user-friendly?

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by djscoo View Post
    How many sheets are there to the paintkit, and is it relatively user-friendly?

5 and yes

Quote Originally Posted by bruce448 View Post
    5 and yes
    thanks
    :ernae:

MCDesigns
    Outstanding work all, great new paints!!! :ernae:

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstreamsky View Post
    Almost there, but the lighter green is too bright and applely for the Griffon, see here http://www.airliners.net/photo/Canad...fon/1475779/M/ and http://www.airliners.net/photo/Canad...fon/1507753/M/

Also the markings like 'Canada' and the Roundel aren't black, but olive green
    They are on mine LOL

I love the amount of detail they gave this model.

Charter Member 2012

BR
    Tom

Something like this? Not finished yet.

Bruce

Short Info for Bell 412 - Fans (like me :mixedsmi - I have just upload the first Pack (3 different, fictitious LawEnforcement Repaints) here and at Flightsim.

Hope You like them - Greetings Dirk

Paints: German "Bundespolizei" (darkgreen), italian "Polizia di Stato (modern, new Paintscheme) and american "civilized" Paint for LawEnforcement-Tasks.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Errrr, im still trying to start this beast following the video but it wont start:violent:. Guess im going to have to treat it like a hind helo, Hit the center control panel with my virtual fist and see if it starts.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Trans_1007 View Post
    Errrr, im still trying to start this beast following the video but it wont start:violent:. Guess im going to have to treat it like a hind helo, Hit the center control panel with my virtual fist and see if it starts.
    The quickest way I've found is to switch everything oun the overherad console 'on', everything on the center console 'on' and then on the collective start eng1 then eng2, then increase engine rpm up to the green on the individual rpm gauges until the RPM light goes out.

Members who have read this thread: 7