Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 333536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1268

Thread: Aero L-39 Albatros

L-39C Arabic 1375

Iraqi Air Force Academy, Tikrit Air Base, 1987

Repaint from Guy LeVasseur alias "VaporZ" / glevass21@globetrotter.net
    Pilot / Helmet / Ejection Seat copyright of Lucian Lie / Yago9
    ( thanks to Yago9 )

Iraqi Air Force Academy at Tikrit Air Base received 59 x L-39 Albatross jet trainers from the strategic alliance between Iraq and the Soviet Union and later the Russian Federation.

These L-39 Albatross were used to train pilots for the Mig-21, Mig-29, Su-25 and Mirage F-1 operational squadrons of the "Sadam Hussein's" Iraqi Air Force.

Most of these L-39 have been destroyed on the ground during the first Gulf War of 1991.

Iraq L-39 repaint available here :
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yizuwezylm3

Enjoy
    :mixedsmi:
    VaporZ

Finally joined the L39 party..best add on aircraft I have bought!

Was worried about frame rates as my PC is a bit weak but I am finding the L-39 pretty easy on FPS..nearly as good as my Carenado 182 which is a relief

Flying it reminds me of a high speed Realair SF-260.

In a happy series of circumstances I bought the Southern Lakes scenery package from RealNZ just before the L-39 was released..one of the airports in this packge is the Wanaka airport which is the home base of ZK-WLM, one of 3 L-39s based in NZ (its also home of the Wanaka airshow). Then Bananabob produced a great photoreal paint of ZK-WLM so it was only natural that I get the L-39..been hankering after a decent L-39 since I saw Captain Sims L-39 back in FS2000 days

and a couple more pics...

waka172rg
    Looks good Naki beat your pleased you did :ernae:

Thanks very much Naki, glad you're enjoying it. That scenery looks great too. New Zealand is my favourite country on earth bar none, and I've seen more than 40 of them. Spent two months there about 6 years ago and loved every single second of it. I plan to retire on the south island in the distant future hehe.

-Mike

Hey mike hows your finances these days you must be worth a pretty penny surely now mate lol,
    Well I hope your woman is enjoying it anyway!
    Best wishes Pete!:ernae:

tigisfat
    Isn't it amazing how aftermarket repaints and mods can actually fuel sales for the original product? It's kinda like the Mustang/USA, Falcon/Australia and Mini/England sensation works. It's really cool, and I hope this product enjoys a long period of sales.

Same here!

Thanks guys. Yeah things are going alright overall, but the 4:1 pirate to legit user ratio (an educated guess) is more than a bit disheartening. I guess that's par for the course though these days.

Agreed on the paints too. There have been some amazing ones done and it's quite a trip to see them all. I get a big kick out of that.

I'm looking forward to completing the update soon too (hopefully before my little trip to Ireland at the end of the month). There will be some nice little fixes and improvements in it.

-Mike

BananaBob
    :ernae:

Concerning Syrian Air Force L-39's they are a gift
    from the Libyan Air Force impressive stock.

I intend to do it in a near future.

I asked Banana Bob his permission to use his own
    Libyan Air Force L-39's as the starting base for a
    Syrian repaint.

As soon as I have the "OK" from Banana Bob I will
    start working on this repaint.

Best regards
    :mixedsmi:
    VaporZ

Aggressor private fiction

First time training navigation and flying ILS. Mojave - Edwards AFB

VFR Reviews
    Question for you, Mike-

Why do the elevators stay up until takeoff? If there's something in the manual I must have missed it in my midnight reading :ernae:

Hey Kevin. The elevators are mass balanced aft and connected on a bungee/cam system inside the tail to ease the force needed to pull high G (4.5+). The L-39 has no hydraulic assist on flight controls. The effect is a bit like pulling a compound bow, where the pressure increases linearly and then suddenly drops off. A side effect is that the elevators naturally fall into an up position when at rest. Air pressure forces them flat again by around 35 knots airspeed.

I forgot to add that to the manual I think, got so used to it.

Cheers,

-Mike

VFR Reviews
    Ah, that makes sense. Excellent modeling, then mate- I'll mention it in the review which (heaven help me) I ought to be writing today when I get home from a 5 hour car drive (yawn). I've been ill and I wanted to wait for a state of a certain amount of mental clarity before actually doing the write-up. We'll see, anyway.

Hello,

A small question for zsoltquack, please can you tell us if your skin is available to download because I found it very nice.
    Good skin and good work.

A great thank's in advance Skulleader.

Thank you, Oli-TUB, for posting the alternate camera views earlier in this thread. I tried them yesterday, and they are much nicer for TrackIR.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

L-39ZA Arabic "2080"

Syria Air Force, 3rd FTS, Rasin El Aboud Air Base, 1987

Libyan Air Force Type camouflage copyright of BananaBob
    http://forum.siminsider.co.uk/viewfo...b032b0fb30d1ab

My thanks to both BananaBob and Yago9.

Syrian Air Force received 24 x L-39ZA as a gift of Libyan's Ruler Muhamar Khadhafi from the Libyan Air Force impressive L-39 inventory of
    181 x Airframes ( ! )

Scramble.NL spotter web site indicate these L-39ZA equipped the 3rd Flying Training Squadron at Rasin El Aboud ( OS66 ) and the 2nd Squadron at Abu Ad Duhur ( OS57 ).

Repaint available here :
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ci2554ynnbz

Enjoy !

VaporZ

Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post
    L-39ZA Arabic "2080"

Syria Air Force, 3rd FTS, Rasin El Aboud Air Base, 1987

Libyan Air Force Type camouflage copyright of BananaBob
    http://forum.siminsider.co.uk/viewfo...b032b0fb30d1ab

My thanks to both BananaBob and Yago9.

Syrian Air Force received 24 x L-39ZA as a gift of Libyan's Ruler Muhamar Khadhafi from the Libyan Air Force impressive L-39 inventory of
    181 x Airframes ( ! )

Scramble.NL spotter web site indicate these L-39ZA equipped the 3rd Flying Training Squadron at Rasin El Aboud ( OS66 ) and the 2nd Squadron at Abu Ad Duhur ( OS57 ).

Repaint available here :
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ci2554ynnbz

Enjoy !

VaporZ

good job!
    thanks

Hey Mike, this looks to be the largest topic on a forum I've ever seen!! Viewed 54,000 times! Just goes to show the quality of the L-39 :ernae: