Aero L-39 Albatros - Page 3
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Aero L-39 Albatros

Mike, I can get you photos of a Camo L-39 with gun pod and tip tanks here at KILG, if you don't have them yet. It also belongs to Joe I believe but isn't flying for an obvious reason, that can't be discussed.

Mike, you should really have anoter skin or Pip with the rear seat. She's only missing that for the air races and the rest of the year it's installed. He gives quite a few rides in her. I even got to meet Curt Brown the shuttle pilot last winter. He was out here to ride with Joe and also fly Pip..... he's also a race pilot at Reno.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Thanks Raptor. Repainters may hate me a bit because I've mapped it for the lowest number of texture vertices possible rather than ease of painting, but if you're going for performance then something has to give, hehe.

GT, thanks for the offer of pics. I don't have any more paints planned for the release, but I am going to make a few freebies in the weeks that follow. I never turn down reference material!

As for Pipsqueak, it's a major project splice off the stock L-39s, a totally separate project pipeline which is fixed at this point. To build a two seater version now would be an extreme hassle so I don't plan to, sorry. Unfortunately in Pip's case it isn't quite as simple as a texture swap. Pip is really a one-off model and intended for racing rather than cruising. Its race trim and alterations are what set it apart from the others, give it most of its performance advantage, and make it special. I'll look into it after release though.

-Mike

Very nice plane you have made. Can't wait for release!

tigisfat
    man oh man. This is how happy I am:

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    That is just about the most disturbing thing I've ever seen, but I'm glad you're happy.

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    That is just about the most disturbing thing I've ever seen, but I'm glad you're happy.

is this better?

Hehe, awesome. On second thought, maybe I should add your dancing guy as an instructor in one of the variants. He already has his own helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post

That just ain't right !!!

Darrell

Can we buy it yet? Please? Are we nearly there yet? Are we? Are we?
    Forever lurking.

Charter Member 2015
    Tigisfat....my retinas hate you for posting that gif....same goes for you Darrell for copying it in your reply!!
    shudder

@ Lotus... fantastic job!:ernae: The vc in particular is a beauty.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    Tigisfat....my retinas hate you for posting that gif....same goes for you Darrell for copying it in your reply!!
    shudder

@ Lotus... fantastic job!:ernae: The vc in particular is a beauty.

I figured if I had to look at it everyone else should have to again also!

Darrell

Hehe, thanks guys. Yes, almost there, hopefully less than two weeks to go. Here's a still from the promo vid I'm putting together. Been a long time since I've done one of these, but Reno is my new favourite addiction in the jet.

I haven't decided on the price just yet, there are a couple people I still need to discuss that with, but it won't be exorbitant.

Hehe, thanks guys. Yes, almost there, hopefully less than two weeks to go.
    Hmmmm.. possibly a virtual flight to Oshkosh and the EAA convention if it's released in time

Darrell

Quote Originally Posted by An-225 View Post
    Keep up the good work, this airplane has been missing from FS for a long time, and we need more Vodka Burners!
    If I'm gonna be picky, it's actually a Czech aircraft, rather than Soviet/Russian, but I agree with your sentiment all the same!

Members +

Civilian Panel ?

It looks great, curious will there be a civilian mdl (ie: no gunsite) for us guys woh just like to zoom around.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Yes there are four civilian models which do not have the gunsight installed, five if you count the Reno racer, Pipsqueak. Here's the model breakdown for those who might be curious:

9 dual cockpit models (5 are military, 4 civilian, 3 have long range tanks)
    3 single cockpit models (2 military, 1 civilian)
    1 Reno racer (civilian, single seat only)
    1 Stripped down model for online formation teams (civilian, single seat only)

There are 10 unique paint schemes spread across these 14 models.

Do any have the special airliner gunsight lol

Looking top notch!

Might have to retire my Blackbird for one of them! :ernae: Do you take part exchange lol?

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by d0mokun View Post
    Can we buy it yet? Please? Are we nearly there yet? Are we? Are we?
    Enjoying that side of the fence, are we?

What the hell: WHEN IS IT COMING OUT!! I WANT AN EXACT DATE!!
    (yes, I'm kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Do any have the special airliner gunsight lol
    Well... actually...

A very old screenshot from early development, about 9 months ago.

Hey I work on these things for a living! Been looking for a good sim of it forever. I am wondering Lotus, do all the models have the factory stock cockpit panels like the pic shows? I would be happy to provide you some pics of actual L-39 cockpits that some of our customers have, if you're interested. I guess it may be too late in the production process for that though...? Just a thought. The factory cockpits look great though. I am very exited about this one!

Thanks Brett. I replied to your PM. As for the cockpits, I've recreated the original L-39C as closely as possible, as they were delivered to Warsaw Pact air forces. The only western items are the altimeter, radios, and gps, everything else is original equipment. As much as I would like to do other cockpit variations, it would be almost impossible. The standard cockpit took me about 8 months to build and code haha. All of the cockpits are similar. The civilian ones don't have the gunsight, a couple have different throttle grips, and a few have an extending IFR hood installed, but they are otherwise the same.

Well... actually...

A very old screenshot from early development, about 9 months ago.
    Remind me what was that airfield you showed me in FS? Was it in New Zealand? In case you're wondering, its me, David "Mr SR-71" AlphaSim-Quid21 of old lol

Well Lotus I have to say I am very impressed !!!

But !
    ( I do not want to push the enveloppe too far )
    lets talk about L-39 Pilots helmets !

First, the military L-39 of the East
    The old russian type helmet of the seventies !
    and
    The new russian type helmet of the eighties Plus !

Second, the private Usa L-39
    The old "Vietnam" type helmet
    The newer "Current" Usaf helmet
    and, finally....

Third, the french GSF/Gallet helmet of the Breitleing Jet Team

Do you plan any "dynamic" options about it ?
    Sorry to ask you this but ..... anyway ...... the question is asked !

VaporZ