Beech prop

Thread: Beech prop

Beech prop

Does anyone know if there is a replacement prop for the freeware Simtech Beech 17? The model is still nice except for the prop. I searched Bob's props but did not find anything.

After trying many different bitmaps, the one I found that I liked best was the "prop" bitmap from Joe Binka's Cessna 195 (Shakey Jake).

I'm not sure it's the best solution out there, but it was the best I could find. Just make two copies, name one "prop_slow" and the other "prop_fast" and drop 'em in your texture folder and see what you think.

There's something different about the way the prop disc is modeled, with that crisp, sharp edge that made the original texture look like a slab of lucite to me. The bitmap I'm using doesn't eliminate that, but makes it a little less noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    The model is still nice except for the prop.

And the wingtips, they are upside down. This is otherwise a very nice aircraft, but those wingtips stick out like a sore thumb. Mine stays in the back of the hanger until Tom fixes them. (Yes, I've mentioned it to him, lot's of times.)

I haven't tried any other props, yet.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Crashwoody1
    I have new props here for them, but the defaut ford tri motor props work well too.

Can you show me the up side down wing thing? I will see what I can do, I do how ever have a much more accurate and modelled Beech 17 and 18 under way here, they are my two 2010 projects I am doing. They are waybetter then these last two I made way back in the days when I was learning all this stuff.

Post a screen shot for me to look at.

Thanks!

Tom

Tom, the above shot is of a real Staggerwing. I'll post another, better wingtip shot, here. The only shape problem is the offset from chord thickness center. The tip radius edge should be even with the top of the wing surface. Yours is even with the bottom. Upside down! Other than that, the shape is nearly spot on.

I'll be waiting patiently, (well, maybe not that patiently,lol) for your new one, as the Beech 17 and 18 are both of my all time favorite GA aircraft, and I do fly both of yours. (Just not the 17 so much, till those wings are fixed.) By the way, I got mine while they were payware, and do not have any regrets. Thanks.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members who have read this thread: 0