Pacific Islands Simulation-Extreme Bush Trekker

Thread: Pacific Islands Simulation-Extreme Bush Trekker

Master of Disaster

Pacific Islands Simulation-Extreme Bush Trekker

Here's some screenies of some of my favorite scenery and one of my favorite birds. I love flying around the "slot" and Papua New Guinea! Everyone has their favorite place and this one is mine. The Bush Trekker scenery really adds to my enjoyment! No more plain jane airstrips, they're now alive with birds, people, boats and buildings. I highly recommend it!

Also if you don't have Real Flights F6F Hellkitty you need to have you're head checked! It's easily one of my top five planes! Just thought I'd share.:ernae:

Master of Disaster
    Here's a few more:

Ditto what Mud said.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Blog Entries
    I just wish bush trekker would do some of the nepalese strips.. That place is insane in a bush flying way

Master of Disaster
    What they need to do is US and jap WWii bases in the Solomons! Now that would be way cool!

hobofat
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I just wish bush trekker would do some of the nepalese strips.. That place is insane in a bush flying way
    Our next project is still in the Pacific, but I'm working on convincing Graham on Nepal. I cannot speak for him but I do think it just might be a possibility. Graham has lots of resources for PNG and other Pacific island nations, so if anyone has info on Nepalese aviation...

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine
    What they need to do is US and jap WWii bases in the Solomons! Now that would be way cool!
    Not sure on historical airfields, but Solomon Islands is definitely on the list. There has been extremely limited coverage of the Pacific Islands in flight sim, and Graham is on a mission to correct that There is a huge amount of aviation history in these islands, and though the distance between them is huge, the terrain is gorgeous and we're doing our best to capture it as best we can with very limited resources.

Blog Entries
    I love the solomons as well.. Incredible place. nepal is definately a bush fliers dream.. more challenging than anywhere on earth in my opinion.. it's also, extremely beautiful.. will keep my fingers crossed

It's not just me/us, you can tell that there would be a LOT of interest in having scenery and working WWII era AI a/c in the Solomon Islands. Default base scenery with some freeware mesh already looks beautiful in FSX. What is needed is better/correct period airfields and ports that look like the one's above and some surface ship and a/c AI. Great to have IJN and USN ships/convoys clashing in The Slot while flying CAP overhead etc etc.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I would have thought the Solomons, New Britain and New Ireland would be the next natural progression in the series. As for WW2 bases, I think they should be included if they still exist, either in use or abandoned. If they have been built on, then leave them out.

It would be nice to go on a tour of the abandoned ones, maybe in something STOL, and see if there are any wrecks lying in the surrounding bush.

EDIT: When I say New Britain, I mean more of it

Master of Disaster
    Cancel the modern stuff, I want WWII active airfields! For a challenge unplug the GPS then go island hopping old school! It's good to see some attention given to one of the most important air battle zones during WWII. Everyone seems to forget about the PTO and it's all P-51's and B-17's in the ETO. I've been begging for a Wildcat since FS9 came out! At least we have a F4U (which needs accusim) and an awesome F6F. Now for some zero's or betty's!

Napal is beautiful but that's another thread..........

The problem would be an incongrous slice of WW2 being grafted onto what is a modern civil aviation simulator. I don't want to be in a Dash-7 flying an instrument approach into Honiara Int. and look out of the window to see Gunichi Mikawa's 8th Fleet below, or a row of F4Fs and SBDs sitting on the ramp. Bit of an immersion killer, that.

As an option, WW2 would be okay, but not as a default part of the package.

Master of Disaster
    Knock out the modern AI. I really don't care how it's done, it just needs to be done! If people can build WWII fields for the ETO, example RA's RAF West Malling, then they can do some PTO ones also. I'll just use my imagination......and that's free! :mixedsmi:

The big selling point for me even buying Bushpilot was a big FREE upgrade with more fields was right around the corner. It was described surpisingly alot like this pay addon. I figured it was a work in progress and I am happy to support new developers. Why wasnt it completed and released before this? Now I see I must fall within a purchase time line determined after the fact or have my case scrutinized and found worthy of getting what I was led to believe I would soon to be getting.
    I shouldnt have to go back and forth to their website and keep up to date on morphing policies and changing the rules as sales warrant.

Master of Disaster
    Yup, I agree life should be perfect. And the point of this thread is how much I enjoy the scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    The big selling point for me even buying Bushpilot was a big FREE upgrade with more fields was right around the corner. It was described surpisingly alot like this pay addon. I figured it was a work in progress and I am happy to support new developers. Why wasnt it completed and released before this? Now I see I must fall within a purchase time line determined after the fact or have my case scrutinized and found worthy of getting what I was led to believe I would soon to be getting.
    I shouldnt have to go back and forth to their website and keep up to date on morphing policies and changing the rules as sales warrant.
    Jimjam,
    If you read further down the post in our forum (http://islandsim.com/pis_forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44) you'll have noted this quote from me:

"Finally, we are a two-men team fledgling business (brand-spanking new) and while our company mission is to make money from our products, we do not intend to misguide our customers both current and potential about what we offer or do not offer. If there is any misunderstanding, we apologize. If we made a mistake at all in our previous offering announcements that may have led any of you to believe you deserve a free EBT copy, we'll correct it. Bottom-line, we want you to be our long term customers and PIS fan."

Note that I said we are a "two-men team." Apart from "Hobofat" I am the only one that's building the entire software, so you can imagine the time it took to complete the project, ie over 16 scenes and more with a little over two month time-frame. We were on target to release just after Raw Grit, but schedules changed because of issues encountered during in-house tests. So, did I mislead you with a release timeframe, perhaps so. That's why I stated emphatically at the bottom of the quote above that "we'll correct it." You need only to write me at my email address and get yourself a free copy. No biggie, really!

I'm looking forward to your email Jimjam.
    Graham