Beta Tester?

Thread: Beta Tester?

Beta Tester?

Hello, my name is Lance and I'm a scenery hack. There, I admit it.

Despite my limited skills, every so often I get something "better than default" put together and decide to unleash it upon the FS community. I'm nearing such a point and would like to solicit a couple, three people who would "enjoy" flying around and checking the work I'm putting together.

What the project entails is creating mesh for the People's Republic of Kalifornia, accurately positioning all the airports and where needed, blending the terrain (mesh) to eliminate (as best possible) the DREADED plateau effect introduced with addon mesh products.

What does testing involve? Just looking at the airports for something strange, like a taxi sign facing the wrong way. Or aprons not meeting flush. And flying over the area(s) looking to make sure there are no odd anomolies in the mesh.

I'm not a tube flyer, more the low and slow explorer. So anyone looking for a major redo of KSFO or KLAX shouldn't consider my work. Those airports have already been upgraded to some extent and my concern is that the mesh and airports conform to each other.

Right now, I have half of the first release layed into the mesh. I just need to do some object placement work around the fields to get rid of the cruddy default buildings. Some of the airports will look a lot better, some just a wee bit. But did I mention it's better than default?

Work on the state of Kalifornia is going from the northern border southward. First release will be the portion down to the Lake Tahoe area. There are also a couple of other states where I'm doing the same work and their releases will be mixed in with the Kalifornia releases.

I can say I have already found one sucker, er tester. And I appreciate Mason's desire to be bored and asking himself "This is it?".

Ideally, I would like to find someone who does not have Ultimate Terrain X installed, so that I can make sure the mesh does not interfere with the default water in FSX.

Interested? Please drop me a PM. Files should be ready by the weekend, still figuring out where to upload them. They will be approx. 50-100mb per file (+-), with the first release package being 6 files nearer to 50-60mb.

Lance

I have to be honest, I would NOT be an active beta tester right now. But I DO have to say this: you certainly have "nailed" the correct name for that western U.S. state........

NC

i'd love to help out, but i'm pretty useles at that sort of thing. i usually don't spot mistakes. but i wish you the best of luck

Members who have read this thread: 0