USS Nimitz released - Page 12
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: USS Nimitz released

Lacking a Fury, the Jan Visser F86 is a lot of fun to fly the pattern with, all you have to do is add a t-hook to the cfg file (no visual). She's a bit slow to spool so you might want to fly the approach spooled with the air brake, just don't get behind the power curve....

T.

Hello Daube,

Like you Daube, when I use the elevator I meet the same problem. It's a bug ?
    But this USS Nimitz is a real jewel.

Best regards.

Salut Skull, excellent choix de t'etre inscrit ici, ce forum est vraiment excellent

I hope there's a solution for this little issue. To me, it seems that the elevator stays just a little bit too high when it's at its bottom position, so when I try to go from the lower deck to the elevator, he sim detects that I am already below it, and lets me fall in the water.

burner12
    Are you approaching the elevator tail first? If so then you have to approach it nose first. I had that problem to until i swithed the ways I approached it.

I have the Nimitz following a route around the UK but could someone please tell me which of the 24 entries in the cfg is the group?

The group is refered as "fleet". The titles are quite explicit, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The titles are quite explicit, I think.
    But not from the sim.cfg. I found the cfg file in the AI Carriers conf.d folder.

To use the elevator, I have damage turned off. "Ignore crashes and damage" in the realism is my setting. I do not use slew.

I'll check falling through the elevator but don't recall it happening to me.

I have some bounce, or "jump" but it also occurs on the flight deck. It isn't a big problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

The fleet is not a model of the package, it is constructed via AI carriers... If you want to create an AI fleet, I guess youŽd have to create seperate parallel routes for each ship, and than put them into single flightplans... Maybe there is another way aviable, but I donŽt know anything else...
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by ananda View Post
    I have the Nimitz following a route around the UK but could someone please tell me which of the 24 entries in the cfg is the group?
    Is this route a bgl? Could you post it here for download if it is? I assume it was made using AIBoat?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by wilycoyote4 View Post
    To use the elevator, I have damage turned off. "Ignore crashes and damage" in the realism is my setting. I do not use slew.

I'll check falling through the elevator but don't recall it happening to me.

I have some bounce, or "jump" but it also occurs on the flight deck. It isn't a big problem.
    I've done some flights, after the previous post, and found two results although I do not know if the result is correct. More flights are necessary. I did fall through the elevator but I went down ok and waited for the elevator to go up and come back down.

If I entered the hangar deck, turned around quickly, and got back on the elevator right away then I didn't fall through the elevator.

I'm not sure this testing is entirely correct but will keep testing. These tests were done with the beta2 Tomcat so I'll try other aircraft. I'll try other selections of the carrier. I used a route for these tests.

Has anyone else found this problem?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is this route a bgl? Could you post it here for download if it is? I assume it was made using AIBoat?
    Here ya go.

It starts on Monday at 09:00 from N59.24606787959993 W2.287871585657925

Returns on Tuesday at 13:00.

Remember the 1980 movie "The Final Countdown", with Kirk Douglass, Martin Sheen, James Farentino, among others? Still an awesome flick, after all these years.

Found it

Quote Originally Posted by ananda View Post
    Here ya go.

It starts on Monday at 09:00 from N59.24606787959993 W2.287871585657925

Returns on Tuesday at 13:00.
    Thanks. As your screenshot shows, the deck is set for launch not recovery traps, but fine for helicopters or VTOL.

I found the carrier on Monday, a few minutes after 9am, nearest the Kirkwall airport EGPA (ILS 273, 110.10, DME) in Northeastern Scotland, out to sea to the North-East of the city about 25 miles or so.

I HAVE CHANGED THE CARRIER TO A RECOVERY SETUP AND COMPILED THE BGL SUCCESSFULLY.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

another shot from the Fleet

burner12
    If you don't mind me asking what will be included in next months package you're putting together? Will it still be freeware?

I HAVE CHANGED THE CARRIER TO A RECOVERY SETUP AND COMPILED THE BGL SUCCESSFULLY.
    Could I please have a copy of that bgl file?

Thanks
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

FSXaddict
    I'm using Vista 32 and when I use the in-game AICarrier to load the Enterprise, I get a green bar across the top of the screen that says "error loading conf.d" and the battleships load but not the Enterprise. Any ideas? I have the latest Java.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    Remember the 1980 movie "The Final Countdown", with Kirk Douglass, Martin Sheen, James Farentino, among others? Still an awesome flick, after all these years.

Great movie. Now thanks to you im popping in the DVD.

Thunder64

Taxi and Launch on Javiers Nimitz

Hopefully by the time you guys see this Youtube will have finished processing the video, and you can view it in HD

You can really see the detail in this video, from the flags moving in the wind, the radar rotating, to the vehicles moving around. Simply amazing Javier!
    [YOUTUBE]Q0Yn3o1LIS8[/YOUTUBE]

Regards, Diego

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Hopefully by the time you guys see this Youtube will have finished processing the video, and you can view it in HD

You can really see the detail in this video, from the flags moving in the wind, the radar rotating, to the vehicles moving around. Simply amazing Javier!

Regards, Diego
    Can you please help me with nose kneel switch(F-14)? When I want to take off with launch bar I push this button and it's not working and I cannot use the catapult system.

BananaBob
    Awesome video Diego, still yet to launch here, maybe because I turned off all my messages at the top, I don't have those?

Thanks Bob!

Two things, are you using the Pro version, or the old version

And if you're using the Pro version, are you clicking Shift-U or clicking the nose kneel button on the cockpit? If you're pressing the button in the cockpit, and it doesn't seem to work, I don't know how to help you

Regards, Diego

Members who have read this thread: 16