USS Nimitz released - Page 26
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1618192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: USS Nimitz released

Quote Originally Posted by Tregarth View Post
    <META name=GENERATOR content="OpenOffice.org 3.1 (Win32)"><STYLE type=text/css> <!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } --> </STYLE> Can someone please tell me how to find the AI carriers pages as per the images in Post 600? I have installed AI Carriers into C\Prog Files\AIcarriers and copied CVN_68.. .cfg file into the conf.d folder. I have then started FSX gone to aicarriers.exe in Explorer and clicked it but nothing shows. If I look in the FSX menu bar I don't see an entry for AI Carriers.

I can find the Nimitz in San Diego so it seems I have everything else right but not the AI Carrier bit. I am trying to produce a simple set of instructions for Newbies (like me) so they can install this incredible ship in one easy go so any help on the AI bit would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Tregarth
    After I installed mine and added the cvn file I was good to go. It just showed up in the tope menu without haveing to go back into Aicarriers.
    hope this helps.

Jim

Dear Limjack,

Thanks for your reply, a very clever montage of various screens. I have exactly the same file configurations as you show but still have no AI Ships in Add-ons. I suspect the problem comes from the fact I am using Win 7, probably MS are using a different file name somewhere. The trouble is I don't know where to look or what to change.

Thanks again,

Tregarth

AI Ships should work in Win 7, I've installed it on a friends PC without any problems, or even doing anything clever. Might be worth removing everything you've done and starting again from fresh in case something's gone wrong?

Dear Limjack and SkippyBing,

Thanks for your help, I have uninstalled AICarriers and downloaded a fresh copy. I still can't unzip direct to C\Prog Files (something about "Permissions") so I have unzipped to desk top and copied into C\Prog Files\AICarriers. I have also copied CVN_68 cfg into conf.d

My address bars and directories look identical to Limjack's but when I load FSX and look at Add Ons all I see is FSUIPC

I just can't understand it - whatever is wrong it is going to be something stupid - the clever bit is finding out what.

Thank you,

Tregarth

Dear Limjack and SkippyBing,

Thanks for your help, I have uninstalled AICarriers and downloaded a fresh copy. I still can't unzip direct to C\Prog Files (something about "Permissions") so I have unzipped to desk top and copied into C\Prog Files\AICarriers. I have also copied CVN_68 cfg into conf.d

My address bars and directories look identical to Limjack's but when I load FSX and look at Add Ons all I see is FSUIPC

I just can't understand it - whatever is wrong it is going to be something stupid - the clever bit is finding out what.

Thank you,

Tregarth
    It sounds as though you do not have a correct entry in the EXE.xml file.
    That would be the case if you moved the AI Carriers folder
    manually.

Look in the folder that contains your FSX.cfg file and find the
    file "EXE.XML".

You can open/edit it with a text editor.
    It should contain an entry for AI Carriers with the correct path
    to the AI Carriers fiolder.

Here is my file.
    Code:
    <simbase.document type="Launch" version="1,0">
        <descr>Launch</descr>
        <filename>EXE.XML</filename>
        <disabled>True</disabled>
        <launch.manualload>False</launch.manualload>
        <launch.addon><disabled>True</disabled>
        <manualload>False</manualload>
        <name>AICarriers</name>

K:\FSX Tools\AI carriers\aicarriers.exe</launch.addon>
        <commandline>-nogui</commandline>
        </simbase.document><launch.addon><commandline></commandline>
        </launch.addon>
    The line to inspect is the "Path" statement. This must contain YOUR path to
    the aicarriers.exe file.

EDIT: CRAP....this forum software sux! Even though I enclosed my XML file in "CODE"
    tags the formatting of the file contents was stripped!
    Just compare the keywords of your file against the above list.

EDIT 2: Screw it! Here's a JPG of the EXE.XML file!

Paul

USS Dewey DLG-14, ET"C" School Treasure Island-Instructor, OASU/VX-8 Aircrewman

Check points on what I did. You probably did the install correct of ships but just in case here is what I did. Yes, another montage...lol.

Jim

Hi,

Is it possible to convert this ship into a pilotable "plane"? It would make at least my simming experience better.

-SNIP-

Thank you,

Tregarth
    I tried to reply to your private message but I am unable to
    as it says you have that feature blocked, or some such.

In any case, here is what I wrote:

You should have appended the code for the
    aicarriers entry to the existing entry.

The existing code there is for your Saitek product.

I believe you should have TWO entries that begin with "Descr" and ends with "/Launch.Addon".

Take your ORIGINAL EXE.XML file and copy
    the text, including the "Descr" down to and including
    the "/Launch.Addon".
    Now, paste that code into the file BELOW the "/Launch.Addon" line and just
    above the last line, "/SimBase.Document".

Now, go back and edit the newly added text to
    reflect the aicarriers data in the "Name" and "Path" lines.
    Also make the necessary True/False
    changes to that section as indicated in my EXE.XML jpg.

Save the new file as "EXE.XML" and see if that works.

Refer to the JPG I posted in the forum thread
    that shows the exact format for the
    aicarriers section of the entry.
    I still can't get the forum software to display
    the tags properly There is some configuration
    flag that needs to be set somewhere but
    I don't know where the heck iti is.

Anyhow, your new EXE.XML file should be twice as long as your old one, between the
    first line"SimBase......" and "/SimBase....."
    You can contact me at:

pstrogen, the "at" symbol, cris dot com

EDIT: NOTE that the code I posted in the JPG above was my DISABLE AICarriers version
    of the EXE.XML! I keep two versions, one to enable and one to disable that addon.
    I mistakenly posted the disable version.

Paul

<center>FSX - FSX Panels </center> <center>FSX Aircraft Carrier Panel
    </center> <center> [ Download | View ] </center>
    Name: nimiz-pnl.zip Size: 1,384,137 Date: 02-05-2010
    FSX Aircraft Carrier Panel. A photorealistical panel for the FSX Acceleration aircraft carrier USS Nimitz and USS Eisenhower from Javier Fernandez (requires USS_NIMITZ_IKE_VERSION2.ZIP). Note: these carriers work also with FSX SP2. Included are additional camera views for the aircraft.cfg. Bitmaps and configuration for the additional views by Erwin Welker.

<center>FSX - FSX Panels </center> <center>FSX Navy Supply Ship Panel
    Name: vdeck-patuxent.zip Size: 1,365,464 Date: 02-05-2010
    FSX Navy Supply Ship Panel. A photorealistical panel for the FSX Acceleration US Navy supply ship USNS Patuxent from Javier Fernandez (requires USS_NIMITZ_IKE_VERSION2.ZIP). Note: this ship works also in FSX SP2. Included are additional camera views for the aircraft.cfg, which allows to have a realistic view from the bridge, where you can see the supply masts in front of the bridge windows. Bitmaps and configuration for the additional views by Erwin Welker.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

What Panel?

DSWO:
    I downloaded the bridge panel and it says to make a copy of the panel and replace it with the one in the download. I don't have a piloted Nimitz now, so where do I find what I need to use the new panel?

Quote Originally Posted by chicken2690 View Post
    I downloaded the bridge panel and it says to make a copy of the panel and replace it with the one in the download. I don't have a piloted Nimitz now, so where do I find what I need to use the new panel?
    I haven't actually tried this so I don't know. Maybe this:

<center>FSX - FSX Other Aircraft </center> <center>FSX Nimitz Carrier
    Name: cvn68_pilotable.zip Size: 4,738,591 Date: 07-11-2009 Downloads: 1,253
    FSX Nimitz Carrier. An update to Javier Fernandez' aircraft carrier to make it pilotable. Requirs USS_NIMITZ_IKE.ZIP. Upgrade by Bruce Fitzgerald.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

Thanks DSWO. The panel from Bruce is the same one he used in his Fletcher destroyer and worked fine with the carrier. The mod by Welker gives a photorealistic layout and changes the camera views somewhat to include people in them. I liked the Fletcher panel better but did keep the improved camera views. I saved a "flight" for the pilotible carrier in the water just north of Key West and am always ready to head out into the Gulf or Caribbean.

1) Is it possible to add the Meatball into the pilotable version?
    2) I managed to get her pilotable. I can see the the diffrerent camera angles. How to install the 2d panel?

Quote Originally Posted by wiltzei View Post
    1) Is it possible to add the Meatball into the pilotable version?
    Nope, once you make it an "aircraft", the ball stops working.

gusteno8
    Hello Guys!

I can't get this stupid thing to work! I'm getting very frustraded now.
    My problem is that I dont get a "Add-on" icon ingame.
    I've tried everything in this thread. And when FSX is loading before the menu, I get this message asking me if I want to run aicarriers.exe. So i guess the path or the exe.xml file is working. But still no Add-on icon.

But i noticed that when I run the aicarriers.exe i get this error-message about Java. So i guess and HOPE thats the problem.
    But I've downloaded several java programs and still this java error message. I'm not sure I am dowloading the right file. So could any of you guys give me a link to the right Java program?
    I have windows 7 64bit.

I would really appreciate it!

And the Nimitz Readme say they "strongly recommend" to use aicarriers. But can you use this addon whitout Aicarriers? And in that case How?

/Gusteno8:salute:

Quote Originally Posted by gusteno8 View Post
    Hello Guys!

I can't get this stupid thing to work! I'm getting very frustraded now.
    My problem is that I dont get a "Add-on" icon ingame.
    I've tried everything in this thread. And when FSX is loading before the menu, I get this message asking me if I want to run aicarriers.exe. So i guess the path or the exe.xml file is working. But still no Add-on icon.

But i noticed that when I run the aicarriers.exe i get this error-message about Java. So i guess and HOPE thats the problem.
    But I've downloaded several java programs and still this java error message. I'm not sure I am dowloading the right file. So could any of you guys give me a link to the right Java program?
    I have windows 7 64bit.

I would really appreciate it!

And the Nimitz Readme say they "strongly recommend" to use aicarriers. But can you use this addon whitout Aicarriers? And in that case How?

/Gusteno8:salute:
    ANother member here just went through the very same situation. I helped him troubleshoot
    the installation in both his XP and Win7 systems. We checked everything. The EXE.XML was
    correct. All paths were correct. FS.CFG had the proper entry in the "Trusted" section.

It came down to reinstalling an earlier version of Java.

I suggest you go to the Java home page and run the Java test there to see if it is working
    OK on your system. Go here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml

If you do not get a Java screen stating "Your Java is working"
    then you have the same problem he had. He had the most recent
    version of Java installed but it failed to work for some reason.

Only after uninstalling that version and installing an earlier version
    was he able to get aicarriers to appear in the menu.

Paul

Nimitz ILS frequency?

I would like to firstly pay tribute to GypsyBaron for all his help in sorting out my problem with Java so that I can now make AICarriers work Thank you very much for all your help and time.

But, now that I have a fleet of aircraft carriers I would like to fly the ILS beam onto the deck. I have flown in my Caeena out to sea and put the Nimitz 10 miles ahead of me. I have then tried all the whole number ILS frequencies i.e. 108, 109 from 108 to 117 but at no point does the ILS show. I have then tuned the ILS to my local airfield and flown the beam back to base so I know the ILS in my Cessna is good.

I am probably doing something wrong, can someone please tell me what it is? (Once I have the ILS working I wil graduate to the Goshawk which is a delight to fly.)

Thank you.

FSX doesn't allow for NAVAIDS to be attached to moving objects, i.e. ships. The only way to do it is using a custom gauge that finds the ship and works out the maths, there is an updated HUD gauge for the default F/A-18 that does this, do a quick search through this forum. It'll probably work in the Goshawk as well but I haven't tried.

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    there is an updated HUD gauge for the default F/A-18 that does this
    ... that would be right here:

http://www.fsxblueangels.com/downloads.html :salute:

Thanks.

Dear Gypsybaron, SkippyBing and Flameout.

Thanks for the information, I will just have to practice at Pensacola and then strap on a F-18 and fly out to the ship.

The AirWarrior site [ www. airwarrior. net / files . html ] site is very useful (The address should be entered without the spaces; I am a newcomer and so cannot paste web links.)

Thanks again,

Tregarth

navyguy
    Hi guys!

This carrier is absolutely fantastic! Thanks a lot!

I have one problem. Whenever I take-off and I roll over the end of the carrier runway at high speed, it crashes the sim and says I fell into the water.. =(. I hope you know what I mean. If I get in the air completely before crossing the end of the runway, there is no problem at all.

Are there any fixes for this? I run FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2.

Carrier sound problems..?

I am not able to hear catapult, launch, blast door sounds for the carrier.
    I have confirmed that correct folders are in main USS Nimitz folder.

sound
    soundai

That both have valid sound.cfg files and that the sounds referenced are in
    the main FSX sound folder.

I can trap and launch without any problems.
    I am using AICarriers2

I had upgraded to Win7 32bit but can't see how that would be an issue.

Any thoughts would be appreciated..
    Thanks,
    tc

Carrier sound problems..

I don't have any carrier sounds.
    No launch, trap, blast door sounds, etc.
    I have confirmed the correct folders are in the main USS Nimitz folder.

sound
    soundai

That both sound.cfg files are good and that the sounds referenced are in the main
    FSX sound folder are there.

This is the Nimitz 2 package.
    The carrier animation, catapult and traps work fine.
    I've done a complete re-install without any resolution.

I recently upgraded to Win7 32bit but can't see how that would effect it.

Any thought would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    tc

Members who have read this thread: 15