USS Nimitz released - Page 19
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: USS Nimitz released

MacMathys
    Anneke thanks for the link, but I think I was misunderstood.
    I would like to have it somewhere on sea (not control it, just like it's part of scenery, or something) and land on it with my friends.

The file you provided is a pilotable carrier, but I don't want to pilot it
    Just want to land on it in multiplayer.

Thanks!

Hi. I'd like that too. Isn't there a way to make it into a bgl and make an AFCAD for it so we could land and takeoff from it from the Airport Select window in FSX? Some expert surely must be able to do that for us all. Regards, Bob.

totos
    hi guys i have download the f14 tomcat and the launch bar does not works can anyone help me please?

CVN 70 is back

The Carl Vinson returned to the Fleet today after a 3yr mod. Notice the new aft radar mast is different from the Nimitz and Ike when they came out of overhaul. She looks brand new!

Thunder64

Quote Originally Posted by totos View Post
    hi guys i have download the f14 tomcat and the launch bar does not works can anyone help me please?
    What do you mean? On the cat launch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

He was having problems with old F-14B tomcat from this site its straightened out now

Military Air Simulation
    Fighter Squadron 142

Quote Originally Posted by Wingmate View Post
    He was having problems with old F-14B tomcat from this site its straightened out now
    LOL, thanks,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

delete this post

Quote Originally Posted by navy81 View Post
    Navy Chief8 - Can you provide the details or a link to where you found the AO or AOE in your screenshot above? Awesome.
    Thanks.
    Deke
    Will this Ao-105 work with FSX? And what Ai did you use?
    I like the unrep scenerio...

Unrep

All you need is the model, texture, sound folders, the attached Config file and this entry for the AICarriers config. If you don't have them the FFG, CG and 688 sub are at fs-shipyards.org

SIM folder

[fltsim.0]
    title=VEH_USS_Mispillion_AO_105
    model=
    texture=

[General]
    category=Boat

[contact_points]
    static_pitch=0.0 //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
    static_cg_height=1.0 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

[DesignSpecs]
    max_speed_mph = 50
    acceleration_constants = 0.07, 0.07 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
    deceleration_constants = 0.05, 0.05 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)

[Effects]
    wake = fx_wake_xl

AICarrier Config

[formation.XX]
    title=USS Eisenhower (CVN69) UNREP
    unit.0=CVN69_5, 0, 0
    unit.1=VEH_USS_Mispillion_AO_105, 80, -10
    unit.2=_AIV_FFG_Oliver_Hazard_Perry, 130, -500
    unit.3=_AIV_CG_Ticonderoga, 130, -10
    unit.4=SH-60_guard, 110, -90
    unit.5=688, -300, 0

navychief8, thanks from me, too excellent
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

unrep

Wow,,Thanks for the info, I will try that out. I am retired Navy
    Viet-nam era. Served with VF-24 (F8's) VF 154 F4) 18 months at NAS Cubi Point AKA NAS Olangapo (my best tour of duty) and finally HS3 on USS forrestal. Looking at your unrep brings back fond memories. Apprciate it shipmate....

Question Kusnetsov Carrier Develpment

Hi Thrawn,
    Are you interested in developing Admiral Kuznetsov carrier..?

Thanks,

tc

I am very pleased if the Admiral Kuznetsov has be in FSX

wawa
    Hi friends! Im solbet the wake problem!!!!
    I use the Airhispania.SC addon for vfr flights in spain an this addon contains a effects file fx_wake_carrier.fx thi's a problem.
    But i delete this file and im not wake in a carrier.
    Im reintallede the effects files from Nimitz carrier i see one life nowake.fsx
    i can delete this file?

I don't believe this JaggyRoads video has been mentioned here yet:

[YOUTUBE]oF8Io7zwq5o[/YOUTUBE]
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

This morning I spent the better part of an hour reviewing the comments in this thread and watching the videos that people have made. It still feels very fresh; hard to believe that it's been out now for more than a month.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

Question on unrep coordinates....

Quote Originally Posted by navychief8 View Post
    All you need is the model, texture, sound folders, the attached Config file and this entry for the AICarriers config. If you don't have them the FFG, CG and 688 sub are at fs-shipyards.org

SIM folder

[fltsim.0]
    model=
    texture=

[General]
    category=Boat

[contact_points]

[DesignSpecs]
    max_speed_mph = 50
    acceleration_constants = 0.07, 0.07 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
    deceleration_constants = 0.05, 0.05 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)

[Effects]
    wake = fx_wake_xl

AICarrier Config

[formation.XX]
    title=USS Eisenhower (CVN69) UNREP
    unit.0=CVN69_5, 0, 0
    unit.1=VEH_USS_Mispillion_AO_105, 80, -10
    unit.2=_AIV_FFG_Oliver_Hazard_Perry, 130, -500
    unit.3=_AIV_CG_Ticonderoga, 130, -10
    unit.4=SH-60_guard, 110, -90
    unit.5=688, -300, 0
    Thanks again for the recipe for the coordinates, would like
    to know a little more theory on the number that come at the end of
    each unit i.e., unit.55=688, -330, 0 <<<< I know that these numbers
    are coordinates but would this have something to do with a north, south/east,west placement. Trying to determine what values to use for future placement of AI's. Thanks:isadizzy:

Yes, they are east/west and north/south positions in relation to the Carrier or whatever ship you have positioned at the 0,0 point. Example 688 -300 put it on the port side of the carrier and 0 put it at the same level as the carrier. Hope this helped.

wawa
    Quote Originally Posted by tipton123 View Post
    SIM folder

[fltsim.0]
    model=
    texture=

[General]
    category=Boat

[contact_points]

[DesignSpecs]
    max_speed_mph = 50

[Effects]
    wake = fx_wake_xl
    The frist part where?
    I need create a AICarriers.cfg in the sim folder?
    sorry and thx

JamesChams
    Gents,

Did any of you see what Mr. Voodoo did with the Vapor Effects on the Carriers?
    HERE: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...16582#msg16582

[YOUTUBE]c4sgSepTazQ[/YOUTUBE]

Mr. Javier,
    If you could kindly add this effect onto an animated catapult shuttle which is triggered (animated) by the (FSX Arm Cataplut function SHIFT + I) that would make this feature look even more awesome than it already does.

Gracies!

im sorry i just cant get enough of this ship

I had a quick questoin about the easywalk camera program that is included and which sounds really great....
    i was wondering how to install and use it and found this post:

Thrawn

Originally Posted by dougal95
    Thanks got it.
    Next really stupid question..... Can anyone tell me how to use EZ Walk. There's no 'Readme' or manual. I don't even know where to put the files
    Ta!
    It's an external application so, just run "EZWC ver 1_22.exe", go to FSX and use the mouse to look around and keyboard arrows, Page up and Down to move. To place a camera on the ground you have to restart FSX.
    Javier
    so i understand you install it in its own directory.. but then do you have to have both programs running at the same time? ie...does it change how the cam works in FS without any more adjustments... sort of making the camera a 'no collision" camera? i am slow so did not understand what Javier meant by saying...."then you go to FS" if that meant to start up EZWalk first, then start up FS and then use that function....???

any help much appreciated.
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Hi there!!

I've been quite busy at work lately (traveling a lot) so I haven't been very active on the forums. I'll be out of town on vacation for two weeks and then I'll start working on the next update release.

This new steam effect seems very interesting, I´ll get in touch with the author to request permission to include it. Well, I just wanted to let you guys know that this project is still alive

Javier

Members who have read this thread: 14