SOH A2A P-51D Group Flight Poll (PLEASE take if attending)

View Poll Results: Which day should the event be held? (Choose 2)

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sat June 27th

12 46.15%
  • Sun June 28th

18 69.23%
  • Sat July 11th

9 34.62%
  • Sun July 12th

11 42.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: SOH A2A P-51D Group Flight Poll (PLEASE take if attending)

Exclamation SOH A2A P-51D Group Flight Poll (PLEASE take if attending)

For those who are interested in participating in the flight, please vote for which day you would like the event to be held on. Please vote for the best 2.

The event will be held at 2 PM CDT, that is 3 PM EDT, and 1900 Zulu on the selected day. I will ask that people start joining an hour early. I plan on the event lasting 2 hours or so once we start takeoffs.

If you aren't quite sure, please vote for which ones you think would be best.

Thanks

Bump again

Thanks to those who have voted.

Bump
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Core 2duo E 8400 @ 3.00 GHz
    MSI 48C Platinum
    nVidia 8800GTX 768MB
    Corsair 4GB DDR 3

Will it be GameSpy? Only I can't use GameSpy. Whenever I try to connect I get dumped and told "You May Have Logged On With Onther Computer".

From what I can see from a Google search, it seems I'm not alone.

Anyone know of a fix for this?

On Another Planet
    yes I do. Go into your FSX.cfg and look at the bottom under the multiplayer section. Look for a line that says something along the lines of default lobby "freeflight" Change the "Free Flight" to "Adventures". The free flight lobby is the default for most people so it gets over loaded often and by switching to adventures, it make slogging in much easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

I solved that problem on my end by following the old trick of avoiding the FreeFlight Lobby.

"When I try to login to GameSpy, I get this error message: "You have been disconnected from GameSpy. You may have logged in on another computer".
    - This is a default message that doesn't mean what it says most of the time. For 99% of the time, this happens because the lobby is full. Since FSX will drop you in the Free Flight lobby by default, you might have trouble logging in at busy times of the day. But there is a trick: When you're logged in, select another lobby than the Free Flight lobby and then disconnect. Next time you login, FSX will drop you in that lobby and not in the Free Flight lobby. Since there aren't that many players in the other lobbies, it is unlikely that GameSpy will disconnect you. Make sure you logout in a non-Free Flight lobby. Remember that this trick is only valid if you don't care about the Free Flight lobby, cause when you select the Free Flight lobby after you logged in via another lobby, you will be disconnected anyway if the Free Flight lobby is full."

Source:
    http://www.flightsimulatorguide.com

FAC

Thanks Guys:ernae: So simple when you know how eh

Another dumb (newb to online stuff) question please if I may...

Can I just click and join anything I see? I thought it could be really usefull if I could just sort of lurk at the edge somewhere and look at what's happening. Is that possible?

Thanks

On Another Planet
    not quite sure what you mean dougal. If you mean can you join any online server then yes you can join any one that isn't full or password protected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    Another dumb (newb to online stuff) question please if I may...

Can I just click and join anything I see? I thought it could be really usefull if I could just sort of lurk at the edge somewhere and look at what's happening. Is that possible?

Thanks
    You can't watch other people fly unless you join the room and " spawn " into a flight either by joining another person's plane, being an ATC, or by selecting your own plane and selecting to fly. You can hear other people talking across open mics and can text chat with them before "spawning" after you select a room to join.

I hope this helps, but until you use the system it probably won't make any sense.

Thanks, I am beginning to get a picture. I've listened in a while (not much English being spoken just now).

Why did this suddenly pop up again? This was 5yrs ago.