My favorite plane - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My favorite plane

dhazelgrove
    I don't suppose that anybody would be surprised if I said the EE Lightning and the F-4, closely followed by the Skysim Mirage III, the Aerosoft F-16 and the RAZBAM EA-6B.

Dave

In no particular order and all of these have had air and config files "tweaked"
    Decathlon 8KCAB as I used to actually fly one
    Goose
    Beriev 103 Amphib
    C-17 because it can go almost anywhere in any wx
    727-100
    F-14d
    F-111

Ooouuh, this is not easy . One month ago it would have been another list,
    but at the moment the list looks like this:
    1. Aerosoft Catalina
    2. RealAir Duke
    3. A2A P-47 AccuSim
    4. Classic Hangars FW-190
    5. Aerosoft F-16
    6. SkySim BEe Hawk
    7. Flight Replicas Me-262
    8. RealAir Spitfire
    9. Aerosoft Hughes H-1B
    10.Aerosoft Twin Otter
    Ernie

Retired SOH Administrator
    I loved the Kodiak, Always does.... I still have the old ... old version where I can do missions.... deliver stuff to the villages and transport few people. I have not finished the whole mission yet, I am keeping it in another computer, I enjoy landing the Kodiak in a very remote villages.... I have not perfected it yet, since I fly other aircraft and get busy.

This was the first plane that I really put my time into.... flying, crashing (oops) I have it for about a year now and still enjoys it. Maybe one of these days I can finally give it up to give way to the newest version....

The second one i love most is the Cessna, and the Epic.... The cessna because i can fly slow and low and enjoy the sceneries.... and the Epic, because it is zooms real fast, real friendly, like driving a brand new kick-behind bugatti

Eli

PS...

My daughter loves the Cirrus Mission, Avanti, Beech King-Air, Piper Malibu.... Columbia 40 and Cessna 172! Those are her favs SIX!

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My favourite aircraft has to be the Heinkel 111. The reason being is that during World War II, my father used to fly this particular aircraft with Kg 26. Alphasim has a very good rendition of this venerable aircraft and my second choice would have to be the Dornier 217 which my father used to fly for a brief period.

icarus
    For me the favorite plane is always the one I'm currently working on, naturally
    me too...actually it's the storch fi156

Quote Originally Posted by Chacha View Post
    I loved the Kodiak, *** I have not perfected it yet, since I fly other aircraft and get busy. *****
    This was the first plane that I really put my time into.... flying, crashing (oops)****

i agree
    it's a tricky one to land well. you really have to be paying attention.
    i still bugger the landings sometimes if i don't keep my speed up, or if i hit full flaps too early.

Anything by Piglet, Anything by Carenado, The Duke, Twinkie, C-130, Anything by Lionheart--and yes, since my dad had over 3000 hours in them, the good old A/B-26 invaders--I still want a TRUE fsx version, though the fixes seem ok in it---

Currently the A2A P-47 with Accusim, Aerosoft Catalina and Accelerartion F-18. Since I installed FSX I have accumulated most hours in the Maule, Aerosoft Hughes H1 and DC 3, although the P-47 quickly climbs to the top in that list.

Quote Originally Posted by bkeske
    I actually keep a spread sheet of all my aircrfat (consists of 40+ aircraft).... yes, I'm serious about the spread sheet.....So....I look through my list occasionally and start flying those I have neglected in an attempt to even out the hours flown in each.
    There is (or will be again) a nice toll available at avsim: fsxlogbook. It reads your loogbook.bin file and creates automatically neat statistics like a list of all planes with the hours you have flown them.

Blog Entries
    FS9: Bell 205, 210, 212, 412, UH1

FSX: Default Bell 206

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

These kind of threads are always helpful for finding some new planes you never knew even existed. Just downloaded Christen Eagle and it's great. Very sporty.

One aircraft I forgot to add to my short list is CoolSky Super80. It's the only tubeliner I'm willing to fly

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    These kind of threads are always helpful for finding some new planes you never knew even existed. Just downloaded Christen Eagle and it's great. Very sporty.

One aircraft I forgot to add to my short list is CoolSky Super80. It's the only tubeliner I'm willing to fly
    Bushpilot, there's a very nice repaint representing Australia; green and orange with a kangaroo. Looks very good on the Eagle. Might try Flightsim.com for a look as I got mine at AVSIM.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

so, no modifications to fly it in fsx accelleration then?

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I am cheating by saying the Steve Wittman Tailwind.

:d

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

When this is all said and done, this will deff. be the one I fly for probably a month straight

pointy31
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post

Bill

Bill, do you know of someone making a Tailwind?...

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    so, no modifications to fly it in fsx accelleration then?
    If you mean Christen Eagle, I had to invert the alpha channel on gauge glass texture to get gauges showing.

Bill
    By the way is that the aircraft in you avatar? Been wondering what it is. Looks the kind of aircraft I could be flying.:mixedsmi:

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Lots of great aircraft to choose from, but this one has been a favourite over the last two and a half years, and it will be for some time to come!:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoninus View Post
    There is (or will be again) a nice toll available at avsim: fsxlogbook. It reads your loogbook.bin file and creates automatically neat statistics like a list of all planes with the hours you have flown them.
    yep, I use it now, and it is the tool I use as a basis for creating my own customized spread sheet, complete with bar chart.

I simply export the frame I want to a CSV file.

It is a great tool.

Aerosoft f16 for me just can't stop flying it!!!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by pointy31 View Post
    Bill, do you know of someone making a Tailwind?...
    Yes. :d

<---

That F-15 looks Sweeeeet!
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Hehe. Makes sense. Did quick googling about Tailwind, seems to be very intriguing plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Lots of great aircraft to choose from, but this one has been a favourite over the last two and a half years, and it will be for some time to come!... :d
    Hey now, I see self shadowing! How close is the FSX version?
    Barry

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barvan40 View Post
    Hey now, I see self shadowing! How close is the FSX version?
    Undergoing beta testing right now. With the KLM celebrating its 90th anniversary this year and the MacRobertson race its 75th, this seems like a good year to release it....

That's all I can say right now, but I promise it will be worth the wait!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Yes. :d

<---

That F-15 looks Sweeeeet!
    What F-15? Been looking for one for a while.