FSX Config File

Thread: FSX Config File

FSX Config File

Where has the FSX Config file been placed in Vista? I've moved my fleet over and can't find the darned config file to activate the folder all my aircraft are in. :isadizzy:

Yep, kinda confusing, but on my system, the path is C:\Users\Patrick\AppData\Roaming|Microsoft\FSX
    where "Patrick" is replaced by whatever your main username is for your system

What a pain in the butt to find! Many thanks for the quick response.

On Another Planet
    you can just go to run, type appdata, click roaming, the microsoft, then fsx and its in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

It is a pain to find, so I made a desk top short cut to it, just right click the cfg file and creat shortcut, then drag to desk top.

Remember to have FSx shut down before editing, otherwise your edits may not work and FSx might over write when it shuts down.

Best

Michael

Yep that's the way to do it Michael!
    For FsX beta testing, I have a couple of bat files to choose between Dx9 and Dx10 before starting FsX as it saves having to change to Dx10 in game and then restart.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by michael davies View Post
    It is a pain to find, so I made a desk top short cut to it, just right click the cfg file and creat shortcut, then drag to desk top.

Remember to have FSx shut down before editing, otherwise your edits may not work and FSx might over write when it shuts down.

Best

Michael
    That is a good idea, I'm going to make a shortcut right now.

Members who have read this thread: 0