The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 993

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

A Hawker Demon that has let itself go and piled on the pounds?
    Andy

Yes, the sole Type 563.

I'm going to declare Open House as my computer recently died and all the possible aircraft I had disappeared.

Chris

Chris, could you please post the pic of the Avro 563 before the registration was erased?
    This is a much better picture than what I have.
    TIA

I just found something to try. It's been mentioned here but not used. I'm not the one who posted the Avro 563.

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WOTApr22.jpg  

Chris, no takers, it appears, so I'll pitch in with the Aubert Pa-204L Super Cigale, F-BGSU. Picture taken at the old Wisley airfield. A rather smart machine, I think.

Seen a few photos of this model, and am intrigued by the odd bulge on the bottom of the fuselage, unique to this model, I think. Do our French experts know ? Mike ?

I'll go with "What is an ADF antenna housing?" for $200, Alex.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Over to Scotland on with the show.

Chris

I regret the delay, oh patient ones.

Here's a nice twin (mostly) which I hope has not been around here.....but lots of clues !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RTTPPOOR.jpg  

Nice photo Mike. It's the Handley Page Hamlet in it's twin form. Apparently the center engine caused excessive vibration and made the gauges dance around too much. The leading edge slots are a great clue.

That's the one, Kevin. Over to you -

Thanks.

Another twin-

....... Looks in need of a 'Polish' .......

Does need a little polish.

Anyone else want to have a go before I turn it over to Jim?

SC has sussed this one out. Take it away Sir!

....... thanks ! its the PZL Wilk from Poland damaged after an air raid - here's another natty twin ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mystery x.jpg  

Sorry I won't be able to post the answer to this one, as we are heading off for a week in our favourite Atlantic destination (winds permitting !)

I have a soft spot for this one as it was posted by our friend Moses some years ago. Despite being a sound and quite attractive design, it never made it into production. Shame to let Beech and Lockheed have it all their own way......

........ No takers ? Lefty knew it - its the Bennet BTC-1 - fascinating design ( basically it was made of Bakelite ) that should have done better than it did ( 1 constructed - 0 sold ) ...

Bennett BTC-1 - Wikipedia

OH please

No takers?
    This is the Globe GC-1 Swift. Also known as Globe-Temco Swift.
    This one is F-AZTN.

OH then.

Let's see if this breaks the seven day impasse!

That a Courlis Mike?

It is, but not one of the 'run of the mill' version, from the forties, but the unsuccessful attempt, fifteen years on from the debut of the original, to relaunch the aeroplane as the SUC 11G Super Courlis, powered by a 240hp Continental engine. The fact that only one Super Courlis was built tells you all that you need to know about the success, or lack thereof, of this aeroplane. Over to you, Kevin.

Members who have read this thread: 92