Marines Dream....question?

Thread: Marines Dream....question?

Master of Disaster

Marines Dream....question?

OK, who did the Marines Dream paint for the AF Corsair? Where can I find it? Must be getting old becuase I've check Fltsim and here and can't find it........arrrggghh! Thanks guys!

You can find it on the A2A forum site under "Aircraft Factory" and "F4U Corsair". The link to the download is in this thread:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/...p?f=58&t=14751

Make sure you get the right paint for the right model. :ernae:
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Master of Disaster
    Yes!! That's it, thank you KillBilly! S/F

Ha, I thought you were going to talk about PTSD, and flying, in your dreams

Sorry about that, I'll go back to

6297J
    Yes, what do Marines dream about?? Fluffy kittens I bet

Blog Entries
    Nope.. they dream about the army getting all the dirty work for a change...

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Nope.. they dream about the army getting all the dirty work for a change...
    Thanks Warchild!! But we like the dirty work it's what we do best.

"6297J: Yes, what do Marines dream about?? Fluffy kittens I bet"........................ No, we dream about defending the Constitution. We swore to defend it with our lives if necessary. We dream about defending the document that gives our family the freedom to be the best they can be, to become anything that they can dream of. That freedom allows us to stand up against tyrants like King George, Adolf Hitler for example. That's what Marines dream about, it's what we live for; we don't dream about fluffy kittens.:USA-flag:

6297J
    Go on - I've heard you dream about those nice young men in Sailors uniforms :naturesm:

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    "6297J: Yes, what do Marines dream about?? Fluffy kittens I bet"........................ No, we dream about defending the Constitution. We swore to defend it with our lives if necessary. We dream about defending the document that gives our family the freedom to be the best they can be, to become anything that they can dream of. That freedom allows us to stand up against tyrants like King George, Adolf Hitler for example. That's what Marines dream about, it's what we live for; we don't dream about fluffy kittens.:USA-flag:
    If I had a hat on it would be off to all of you for that... but be honest. Never a single dream about kittens?

For the young, single Marines, how about dreams of the subject of the nose art on that Corsair?
    What military aircraft are you?

You are an EA-6B. You are sinister, preferring not to get into confrontations, but extract revenge through mind games and technological interference. You also love to make noise and couldn't care less about pollution.

It's a good paint

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Master of Disaster

Lazerbrainz2k3: I always try to be honest. I joined the Marine Corps to defend my nation, ie my family. Most people join the Marine Corps for a reason/belief not a job. As my DI said, "why did you think we handed you an F'ing rifle......?" I did "dream" about women all the time (still do) but I still realized what my job was.......killing bad guys first, then Miller and skirt chasing time!

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    It's a good paint

Thanks for sticking to the subject Roger!! You are 100% correct it is a beautiful paint on an outstanding aircraft!

Lazerbrainz2k3: I always try to be honest. I joined the Marine Corps to defend my nation, ie my family. Most people join the Marine Corps for a reason/belief not a job. As my DI said, "why did you think we handed you an F'ing rifle......?" I did "dream" about women all the time (still do) but I still realized what my job was.......killing bad guys first, then Miller and skirt chasing time!
    I would never suggest otherwise. As with most non-serving people here, no doubt, I personally know a number of individuals who do serve and I'm quite proud of them. I always had a close relationship with my paternal grandfather who served proudly in the Merchant Marine (even though he was somewhat bitter at his brothers' role being downplayed so much), and when my last grandmother passed away recently I was told she wanted me specifically to have the flag draped upon his coffin which I have on display, just as they would have wanted.

Perhaps to an extent it could be said that I do "serve" (in a civillian way), as I work for Boeing designing those Ospreys your brothers in arms depend upon, and I can tell you there's a wonderful patriotic enthusiasm there knowing we need to do our best because your lives depend on us. It's a serious responsibility, but the people I work with are quite good and take that responsibility very seriously.

I just wanted to make sure you were still human, thinking about the other important (though admittedly less so) things in life.
    What military aircraft are you?

You are an EA-6B. You are sinister, preferring not to get into confrontations, but extract revenge through mind games and technological interference. You also love to make noise and couldn't care less about pollution.

Blog Entries
    killing bad guys first, then Miller and skirt chasing time!
    Now see, i was in the army, for me, the Miller was the last priority :::LOL::,

and yes, that IS a really good looking corsair up there..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post

Perhaps to an extent it could be said that I do "serve" (in a civillian way), as I work for Boeing designing those Ospreys your brothers in arms depend upon, and I can tell you there's a wonderful patriotic enthusiasm there knowing we need to do our best because your lives depend on us. It's a serious responsibility, but the people I work with are quite good and take that responsibility very seriously.
    To and extent?? I was in nam when the M-16s were mishmashed in with the M-14s and they were killing a lot of kids. I used a Garand if that says anything.. What you guys do for our kids is no less than what they do in the field. If you dont dop your job, they cant dotheirs, and they are depending on that osprey to get them in and out quickly and safely, not to mention the c-130s and other military stuff boeing does.. You guys should be proud. You keep our kids butts alive and able to do the mission.. You guys bring em home too. Perhaps thats the most important thing..

So ok, enough of the teary eyed off topic from me.. sorry..

EgoR64
    Hi Mud,

She is purdy, Job well done on the Paint !!

BananaBob
    I dream of a time we aren't needed, LOL but that's a pipe dream. Sweet paint! :ernae:

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    I dream of a time we aren't needed, LOL but that's a pipe dream. Sweet paint! :ernae:
    I'm with ya on that one Bob!! Sure would be nice if we all could get along!

Everyone: I have nothing but a deep love and respect for ALL veterans! I know we poke fun at each other and it's a blast! Pick on the Marine Corps all you want believe me I know how screwed up we are! But I was born to be a Marine and I'll always be a warrior.......it's just the way it is!! S/F OH-RAH!!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I'm with ya on that one Bob!! Sure would be nice if we all could get along!

Everyone: I have nothing but a deep love and respect for ALL veterans! I know we poke fun at each other and it's a blast! Pick on the Marine Corps all you want believe me I know how screwed up we are! But I was born to be a Marine and I'll always be a warrior.......it's just the way it is!! S/F OH-RAH!!
    You make them look good Sir! I salute you. And the rest of you Vets!

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write