Army Otter
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Army Otter

mustang51

Army Otter

We did not do this in Viet Nam.....no skies to be found over there. :ernae:

mustang51
    Forgot the picture. I'm retired...so many things to do.

Ashame there's no *real* Otter in FS9/FSX...

Lots of Beavers....

Why ??....

( it's not even featured in that big 'what's still missing' listing... )

Used to be *my* fav ac in FS98/FS2K.

Remarkable piccie, Mustang51 ! Those are ski's NOT floats, right ?....

Thanks for givin it atleast *some* attention ! Who knows it might help...

Cheers,
    Jan

pointy31
    There is a nice Otter for FS9, by Steven Grant, over at Avsim...:ernae:

Absolutely right, Pointy. But that's not what i call a *real* Otter... When i hit the starter button i'd like to hear that PW Wasp radial come alive, not the whine of a hairdryer on steroids... :d

cheers,
    Jan

pointy31
    I worked around turbine-powered helicopters for 25 years, can't hear the sound anyway, lol...

mustang51
    Javis...your right a real Otter is much needed. The P&W-1340 needs to sound like it has 650hp. Double slotted flaps and ailerons that go down with then. About the same as her big brother the Caribou.
    Have tried those that are out there, but when you have lived with the real thing for about two years, they just don't cut it.
    When we were at Fort Riley our CO had a personal one, 2222 was the tail number, quad deuce we called her. All polished up, she had two crewchiefs, and was she pretty.
    And yes those are wheel skies in the picture. She even looks fine in civilian paint.
    Bob

Jan, what are you waiting for !!!!??????
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

48 hours in a day, Francois. :costum:

Dang! I need to get my P's&Q's together before opening my piehole.. :toilet:

Pointy : thought you ment that wonderful Turbo Otter model by Eugene Heyart... Steven Grant's model was great in FS2K2 but is fairly outdated now, isn't it.

Bob : i didn't know but Eugene Heyart actually did model a recip version of his DHC-3 as well. However it's not equipped with the original 600hp P&W 1340. It's the upgraded 1000hp PZL model. Bummer he didn't go for the original setup as well. Comes with a great soundsuite !

Problem is that 7 VCockpit entries have been used where 2 is the max if you want nice gauge performance. I might try and contact Eugene, see if he might share the source with me ( if GMax ) so i can turn it into an orginal Otter and do something about the gauge perf.

If you haven't done so already look for 'otterpzl.zip' at Avsim, there's even a Northway repaint.

Cheers,
    Jan

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    ..... I might try and contact Eugene, see if he might share the source with me ( if GMax ) so i can turn it into an orginal Otter and do something about the gauge perf ......

Cheers,
    Jan
    We have Hope to cling to :amen:

Pete.

mustang51
    Now we are talking. Go man go.....for us little old guys.

Hi, Jan!

... so i can turn it into an orginal Otter ...
    Something more to look foreward to!
    I'll keep my intended RCAF repaints stored for this babe...

:wave:
    Markus.

mustang51
    Hey Bill....like your flight suit and stuff. How does a guy go about getting one just like yours?

mustang51
    This is what an Otter's nose looks like. No little beadie eyes or little black nose or whiskers. They must be thinking of you Wild Bill. :wave:

adhockey
    WBK was promising an RCAF paint for Eugene's PZL-powered Otter (PolOtter?).

That would make a decent ersatz recip DHC-3 until something more authentic comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by adhockey View Post
    (PolOtter?)
    That's nice! :kiss:

Yep, the mentioned RCAF-PZL-Otter is still on my to-do-pile ("Marge, I do have a to-do-pile?"), but I need some days to recover from lots of DXTBMP-PSP-DXTBMP-FS9-AIRLINERS.NET-GOOGLE-DXTBMP... sessions.

First you all have to take my RESCUE-white-Twotters out and save some lives (still some undiscovered spots up there in the Northern Territories), and then I'll be back with that polish gnawer!

Cheers, :wave:
    Markus.

After fuzzing around with a complete revision of the panel lining and door framing, here comes a first sketch of a fictious RCAF-PolOtter (I really love this nick!)

More to follow...

48 hours in a day, Francois. :costum:

Don't I know !!!! :typing::faint:
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

adhockey

A great start!

Bummer, guys....

Eugene works with FSDS... that means no Otter revisions for me because i work with GMax.

I would've loved a go at Eugene's Otter model but that's not going to happen now... :wave:

That'll mean a new Otter starting in the mating season... Incubation time may take a few years... :whistle:

Hopefully another dev might be obliged. Maybe Eugene himself ( he's waiting for FSX compatible FSDS 3 )

Btw, if you like concept planes have a look at Eugene's site here :

http://webplaza.pt.lu/eughey

Stratojet series doesn't look half bad !

Cheers,
    Jan

SOH-CM-2020
    Bummer, guys....

Eugene works with FSDS... that means no Otter revisions for me because i work with GMax.

I would've loved a go at Eugene's Otter model but that's not going to happen now... :wave:

That'll mean a new Otter starting in the mating season... Incubation time may take a few years... :whistle: ................

Cheers,

Jan

That's too bad, but thanks for trying.

Hopefully someone will take up the challenge ..... please.

Maybe after a Cessna 185 gets done

Pete.

Dang. :faint:

But that seperate cowling and the bigger radial doesn't look too bad at the otter's nose...
    Time to get her going.

Groetjes,
    Markus.

mustang51
    Now Bill.....how you say such a thing???? The OTTER will be after you..watch your six!

Thanks for your warning, buddy - but one Otter in my back: no threat at all!
    At least, I'm faster than stronger ones and stronger than faster ones!

Members who have read this thread: 2