Weather options not working

Thread: Weather options not working

Weather options not working

Never had this happen before. Weather options not working, period. No matter what I choose, it stays clear skies. I can change the time period; sunrise, sunset, night, etc...but that is all. NC

If you have Developer Mode On then the clouds are ignored (still get the wind though) and you get blue sky.

Well, then that must have just been implemented, because I always have Developer Mode on, and could still choose any weather option I want......

I fly with developer mode on all the time and never had that issue.

The only time I have had that issue is when I loaded a saved flight. I could change the time but the weather was locked.

Might be only live weather that is suppressed?

There might be an issue with the Wx server, as I've been having some weird Wx refreshes/updates in the past few days. The transition is normally smooth and seamless, but it's started instantly shifting to a different cloud/wind pattern.
    Cheers,
    Dave

I had the REX weather app, and I uninstalled it, thinking that was the culprit, but not so. I renamed my Community folder to let MSFS generate a new one. That didn't work either, and resetting the graphics settings in MSFS had no effect.

I am at a standstill now, with this problem. Zero clouds, no matter what I select, period. NC

I am so effing frustrated. I just bought Active Sky addon, hoping that somehow it would miraculously fix my weather problem in MSFS. Unfortunately it did absolutely nothing. I used the app with P3D and loved it. I found areas of the world with severe weather, but when I start a flight there, nothing but clear skies. Damn it! I just sent a email to HiFi Simulations, hoping they can shed some light on this problem. Granted, the problem is not with their app, but getting help from Microsoft might take a LONG time to get a response. I have searched for reports by others for this issue, and although people have had similar problems, the solutions they were given have not fixed mine.

Perhaps try flying with Developer Mode 'Off" as a starting point.
    Then in MS Scenario Set up, open up the Weather/Time Icon & in the drop down weather option, select something 'Cloudy' & see if that actually generates clouds when you have the flight set up.
    Unusual to be devoid of clouds.

The fact the Active Sky is not showing up suggests there could be something within MSFS where weather is written, or however they do it, that is not triggering.

Do you install the MSFS optional updates? eg, recent South Germany update or World Updates? If you are way behind with those then there might be something in them. ]Long shot]

Can you recall the last time you had clouds & if anything changed between then & what you have now, [something installed or deleted?]

Good luck.
    T43

Members who have read this thread: 66