Hercules fans....you ain't gonna believe this... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hercules fans....you ain't gonna believe this...

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    What does it mean? Does it mean you cant choose 26X for example on the radio, or you can take 26X but it doesnt work?
    Hi, in the nav/source selector for the HSI you can not select the TCN mode, goes strait from HDG to NAV1-ILS mode, skipping TCN and NAV(GPS) mode.

Also missing a TACAN radio to dail in the channel for the first place.. or i am not looking at the right place...

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Tankerguy72 - Thanks for the tip on the sound! I picked the package up at Simmarket, and ran the Legacy Importer, and voila! Really helps with the immersion!

Kent
    thanks for the tip sounds like the real aircraft now

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    They gonna charge for those texture packs like they do for their other aircraft.
    Which is why so many people still don't want to deal with CS. Minimal product for maximum price.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    thanks for the tip sounds like the real aircraft now
    No problem happy to help!

I'm very happy with this and even happier I dont have to settle for the J model anymore (whenever it comes out) Always wanted a good quality E/H model. I love the 4 blades and steam gauges.

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    I'm very happy with this and even happier I dont have to settle for the J model anymore (whenever it comes out) Always wanted a good quality E/H model. I love the 4 blades and steam gauges.
    Me too. I am reasonably happy with it, except for the fact that CS is going to try and strangle the community with *their* decision on what liveries *they* think everyone wants....vs. just releasing the paint kit for the multitude of talented painters out there (I'm not one of them!). Perhaps someone will adapt the -E paint kit and do some repaints (Wyoming ANG would be great...as well as Minnesota and Nevada ANG). I just wish their overall customer attitude and lack of responsiveness/marketing approach didn't remind me of this OLD Wendy's commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpypTXccG2I

That said, it's good to have a reasonably nice C-130H in the sim, and the addition of the TSS sounds nailed it for me. Hopefully their promises of continued improvements come true (intermediate position for the cargo ramp, please...and an external model that doesn't have the SKE radome for those civilian Lynden, NWT Air, First Air, Pacific Western, Southern Air, Coulson, Safair, etc. L-100 repaints!).

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Me too. I am reasonably happy with it, except for the fact that CS is going to try and strangle the community with *their* decision on what liveries *they* think everyone wants....vs. just releasing the paint kit for the multitude of talented painters out there (I'm not one of them!). Perhaps someone will adapt the -E paint kit and do some repaints (Wyoming ANG would be great...as well as Minnesota and Nevada ANG). I just wish their overall customer attitude and lack of responsiveness/marketing approach didn't remind me of this OLD Wendy's commercial:

That said, it's good to have a reasonably nice C-130H in the sim, and the addition of the TSS sounds nailed it for me. Hopefully their promises of continued improvements come true (intermediate position for the cargo ramp, please...and an external model that doesn't have the SKE radome for those civilian Lynden, NWT Air, First Air, Pacific Western, Southern Air, Coulson, Safair, etc. L-100 repaints!).

Kent
    I need to sit down and figure out how to make a livery package. Thats one thing I haven't learned yet. Here are a few textures I made for their E model.

Tankerguy72, PLEASE make that Bare Metal paint available for this model!

Guys, I have to say, this model is very good even if it may have some shortcomings here and there, I am very happy with it. The TSS sound graft makes it right. This model will get regular use from me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Icon14

No problem happy to help!

With you on the 4 props and round gauges .

I'm new here but with some 5000 flying hours on the Herc as a Loadmaster, I'm really interested in trying to overcome my natural aversion to CS marketing, a model that is seemingly deficient in lot of areas including sound and paint kits and is not study level but comes with a pretty study level like price tag.

Having said that the cockpit and interior seem pretty fantastic and it seems from posts above that sound issues may have be overcome with a port from P3D/FSX. Indeed on another forum, (that referenced yet another forum) some one said they working with CS on a sound package for this aircraft. Take that with a grain of salt because it has probably morphed from "We're going to advance....." to ""We're going to a dance...." !!

I also understand some painters are looking at modifying existing paint kits. I don't know how far that will go with CS building in bugs to prevent painters from doing this in the past but fingers crossed!

Anyway, maybe all these things can be resolved but the one outstanding thing that no one has mentioned and is still a bit of a show stopper for me is regarding the flight model. Perhaps you can enlighten us on the feel of the flight model? I know only actual Herc pilots will have a good feel for this but then probably most will know if it flies like a King Air or something a bit heavier and a bit more cumbersome in the air and on the ground?

Thoughts?

Cheers

Terry

I used the TSS C-130 soundpack for FSX/P3D. I copied the sound folder to the MSFS C-130 and rescanned the package with MSFS Legacy Importer to update the .JSON files and it works.

Kent I believe the paintkit they released for the E model works for the H model as well. Havent tested it yet but the layout looks the same.
    The texture sheets are the same as for the E. I tried to do a quick NAVY paint. They have some how coded the fuselage to show up black no matter what the texture file is.
    This kills it for me. I haven't even tried to fly it yet, but if I can't paint my own liveries it's into the Davis Monthan Bone Yard file for this aircraft.
    Captain Sim - I should have known better.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black 130.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	94148
    *===================*
    Low, slow, and squawking 1200 !

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    The texture sheets are the same as for the E. I tried to do a quick NAVY paint. They have some how coded the fuselage to show up black no matter what the texture file is.
    This kills it for me. I haven't even tried to fly it yet, but if I can't paint my own liveries it's into the Davis Monthan Bone Yard file for this aircraft.
    Captain Sim - I should have known better.

Name:	black 130.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	94148
    I just noticed this also. I even copied the base texture and used it in another FLTSIM.X entry as a test and it came up as black.

Absolutely disgusting if they have coded it this way.

Guys, it looks like new compression of nVidia format perhaps, maybe DDS BC7, the texture Im sure is ok, but the problem is format of saving. If you take also this format to another model which doesnt support this format you will recive black texture. Experiment with this, I cant help more due I havent CS 130 (perhaps yet).
    Last edited by YoYo; April 22nd, 2024 at 03:19.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

They did the same with the 767-300 which came in two models, repaints for one had a black fuselage, for the other there was a collar round the cockpit.

Only way to get a repaint in was to replace the default livery, replacing the DDS files in the texture.CS folder ... C-130 might be the same...try renaming the main texture folder and putting yours in to replace it.

Note there are also some "LM" dds texture per texture-sheet. Example: CS130_FUS_01_LM.PNG.DDS

Could be that you have to include them in your repaint folder.

Marcel

PS
    Just did a quick test, took a C-130E livery from flightsim.to
    1. made a extra texture-folder
    2. copied the "lm" files from the "texture.USAF820057" into the new livery
    3. copied the "texture.CFG" from the "texture.USAF820057" into the new livery
    4. added the new livery to the aircraft.cfg
    5. rerun auto-json to get a new one with all the new file

Result the repaint showing up in Sim, except the front texture "02"....

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    ...Result the repaint showing up in Sim, except the front texture "02"....
    Leave it to Captain Sim to build a "booby trap" into the -130H. Not impressed and my last CS purschase, if true.

Kent

They sell texture pack,s dont they ?
    Maybe it has something to do with that .

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    They sell texture pack,s dont they ?
    Maybe it has something to do with that .
    A very distinct possibility. They even block repainters from posting their repaints on sites other than CS. Flightsim.to has had to take down loads of repaints for the 767 if I'm not mistaking.

Sad how such an iconic brand has evolved. Models without VC's, monopolizing repaints, ...

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Wonder what their refund policy is... :?
    But like I said, with the 767 you CAN do it, but only by replacing textures in the default texture folder, no other way.
    Could have a simple script to do the replacement...

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    But like I said, with the 767 you CAN do it, but only by replacing textures in the default texture folder, no other way.
    Could have a simple script to do the replacement...
    For me, going to those lengths isn't really worth it. I'll fly it when I need a Hercules fix...but in my mind, it's merely a stopgap until Blackbird releases their C-130J and C-130J-30. Pity, as I like the -H even more than the -J (I was in two C-130 units, both with -Hs...so I love the H). I noticed over in the MS Marketplace, CS has TONs of 777 and 767 livery packs for sale. So I suspect that is their new business model-- sell a "70-80%" airplane, and then make it up in repaints.

Kent

After messing with it yesterday I went to bed P.$$.d off. This morning I sent the two CS 130s to my "Davis Monthan" file. Gonna go fly around in a Cub for a while to cool off and wait for Blackbird.
    *===================*

Just checked the product page again, it is changed...
    - No reference to a "H" model
    - Strange description of the sounds... "Stock turboprop soundset which sounds like the C-130 thanks to the custom flight model"

Filed a refund via PayPal, wonder if that will work... we will see...

Was hoping for the better, maybe I should have know better yet seems indeed Captain SCAM again to my mind. (opinions can different ;-) )

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Wonder what their refund policy is... :?

From their website: https://captainsim.com/purchase/index.html
    Return and Refund

DIGITALLY DELIVERED PRODUCTS ARE NOT RETURNABLE AND THE PRODUCTS LICENSING FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

You can request a refund for an unused (never been activated) product; a duplicate payment; a payments made in error; all within 30 days of purchase. 10 USD admin fee applies.
    So if you install it, their policy is to tell you that you're #1, but with a different finger. And even if you accidentally paid twice, they're still keeping $10.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

CS are a strange company they really are. Stood by for years allowing their reputation to be trashed but seemingly raking in the cash from the new and unsuspecting MSFS community. Now they release what seems to be a product that harks back to their legacy quality but then crush all the new found enthusiasm with a restrictive stance on repaints. Only they know whether they will likely make more money from selling add-on livery packs or from incremental aircraft sales if they release a paint kit? Strange though that most of the mainstream developers in MSFS and DCS seem to embrace repainters as a legitimate (and cost free) way to boost their base aircraft sales. Ah well saving my cash for the Hurricane and the T-6A ( if it ever releases).

I couldn't leave well enough alone. I don't have to fly USAF (no offense to you Air Force troops). As an old USN/USCG sailor I now have a C-130T from VR-55 (outwardly).
    It took a little bit of trial and error, but I was able to complete a quick livery that wasn't blacked out. It's still listed as an AF plane in the .cfg.

Name:	C-130T VR-55.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	94158
    *===================*

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    I couldn't leave well enough alone. I don't have to fly USAF (no offense to you Air Force troops). As an old USN/USCG sailor I now have a C-130T from VR-55 (outwardly).
    It took a little bit of trial and error, but I was able to complete a quick livery that wasn't blacked out. It's still listed as an AF plane in the .cfg.

Name:	C-130T VR-55.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	94158
    Nice! How did you get around the blackout?

Members who have read this thread: 237