A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - World War II

Description: This package contains alternative textures for the P-51D Mustang by Wozza. I have understood that there are different version of this model, which might make it necessary to make some minor changes to the included entry for the aircraft configuration file.

The repaint shows the P-51D, 44-15569, flown by Capt Roscoe C. Brown CO of 100th FS 332nd FG 15th AF Ramitelli, Italy 1945.

Captain Brown shot down a German Me 262 jet fighter, becoming the first 15th Air Force pilot to shoot down a jet. On March 31, he downed a Fw 190 fighter. For which he was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross. He was appointed as CO of 100th squadron in June 1945.
Brown's Mustang carried a number 7. On the port side it carried the text Bunnie, while on the starboard side the text Miss Kentucky state was painted.
After the war Brown resumed his education and became a professor at the New York university. Brown died on July 2, 2016, at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx, N.Y. at the age of 94.

I want to thank Warwick "Wozza" Carter and friends for creating this lovely model. The paintkit by late Gary J. Smith served as base for this repaint. And of course Martin Wright for his simple but indispensable graphic tools, as without his dtx1 bitmap manipulator these textures simply wouldn't be there.

Enjoy,
Huub
April 2024

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P-51D Bunnie 100th FS 322FG 15th Air Force
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.