Where's my flightsim 2020

Thread: Where's my flightsim 2020

Where's my flightsim 2020

I ordered the standard version on April 6th and thought it was sent by mail with discs etc. Now it appears that it is a download? And my attempts to get it failed. WTF is going on? Help please.
    I'm not over the hill. I'm on the back nine.

Blog Entries
    Are you talking about Microsoft Flight Sim 2020? That is a download from MS's site. There are no disks. Right click on the Start button and click on Installed Apps. See if it is listed there. If not, go the MS Store and search for Flight Simulation. You should be able to download it from the Store.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Found where to download it and it won't do anything. I already have a receipt for purchase.

Where did you buy it from? Only Aerosoft sell the disks I believe.
    You need to install some Microsoft app then it installs itself, slightly easier if bought from Steam.

Try posting on the official forums - https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c...phics-user/407

Yep we will need a bit more details on where you bought it, to be able to advise you on how to install.
    As said above, Aerosoft is the only shop selling the infamous disk version of MSFS.

However I don't recommend buying the disks at all, since these disk contain the very first (thus outdated) version of MSFS which will immediately need to be updated (by download) to get up to date with the current version. In the end, the amount of data to download will be almost the same as the initial install, so better buy the download version and get the current version right away.

This is where I bought it.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Xbox

Quote Originally Posted by warbirdlover View Post
    This is where I bought it.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Xbox
    So probably you can download it from MS Store if you are on the your account in Windows (the same as purchase).
    https://www.xbox.com/
    You can also use Xbox App (for Windows) https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9mv0b5hzvk9z , you have to LOG in earlier too.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I go in the store, it says I own it and to launch download and nothing happens.

I fixed it. You have to download and install the xbox app. No where does microsoft mention this anywhere in the installation process. I hope people read this thread. I spent hurs trying to find the fix.

Quote Originally Posted by warbirdlover View Post
    You have to download and install the xbox app
    This is what I wrote, glad to hear that it works for you now! Mostly it's now part of Windows out of the box.
    Cheers.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The Xbox app needs to be installed, and I also recommend the Xbox Game Bar too.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    The Xbox app needs to be installed, and I also recommend the Xbox Game Bar too.
    Tom, what advantage is the game bar. in my experience all it does is put up dialogs for things I don't want. Just another crappy ad spam, in my opinion.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Tom, what advantage is the game bar. in my experience all it does is put up dialogs for things I don't want. Just another crappy ad spam, in my opinion.
    Generally, I think the same about this "bar". I don't have it and deleted it, the fewer unnecessary programs which I don't use, the better.

Okay, I got the sim loaded and bought the ironworks ME109G. I put it in the community folder as instructed but it doesn't show up. I put the whole plane folder in there. Do I have to just put the stuff inside the plane folder in to show up? I also have to put more memory in and a better video card. It's slower then whale ****.

The BF109G is in my hanger. I can't play this sim until I load some more memory and get a good video card. I still have half my hard drive unused.

What computer hardware do you have ?
    Concerning the payware airplanes, normally they come with an installation program, you shouldn't have to manually place the folder in your community?

This one didn't. Just a typical zipped airplane folder. I've got some more ram on it's way. i know nothing about video cards. Will any fit in your computer or do you have to have specific ones for specific computers. Here's my computer info.

Device name DESKTOP-KEEP6KA
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
    Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
    Device ID 66452591-7F44-4AA3-8D60-971253C1B214
    Product ID 00330-75081-57064-AAOEM
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

The Game Bar app has a built-in screenshooter and video recorder for people that don't have other options. It's also a quick way to sign in and out of your Xbox account when you get the occasional data sync hiccup when launching the sim. It's never been intrusive on any of my systems, and it has a very small footprint. I've never had a problem with it. I keep a framerate counter up in the top left corner that's generated by the GeForce Experience app, and that app's screenshooter omits that layer when I take a capture. When I want to show frames in a screenshot, I use the Game Bar to do it.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 104