Don't forget, the Azurpoly OV-10 is inbound

Thread: Don't forget, the Azurpoly OV-10 is inbound

Don't forget, the Azurpoly OV-10 is inbound

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I keep thinking "the Airiebaba OV-10 is really nice and for a plane I won't fly that much, I can probably just stick with the freeware."

But I know in the end I'll cave. I did so with the Fouga, even though I had the pretty good freeware version, and had zero regrets. Azurpoly's stuff is just *so* good.

Gonna wait for it to hit OrbX or Simmarket, though, due to the sluggishness of Marketplace updates. I can finish learning the C-160 Transall systems while I wait.

I am REALLY looking forward to this airplane. That said...that's a true statement on "incoming" -- although "S-L-O-W-L-Y incoming" might be more apt. So here's what I know: AzurPoly sent the package earlier this week to the MS Marketplace ONLY-- not to other resellers yet. Apparently, the Marketplace only updates on Thursday of each week...and in the spirit of nearly everything else they attempt, MS missed yesterday's deadline for this week (hey--at least they are consistent...kind of like the Federal Government). So...that bought the community a 1.5 week delay..at least. AzurPoly has said that they intend to distribute the package to other resellers "In a 'second phase' a few weeks after we sent it to the Marketplace". So my guess is release next week on the Marketplace will be on Thursday, 11 April (at the earliest...assuming MS doesn't run into any more...a-hem..."challenges"), with other resellers receiving the package towards the end of April.

Kent

Looking forward to it, a favourite aircraft of mine. Only issue spotted so far is the unconvincing paint chipping around the glare shield. Hopefully, Azurpoly will rectify that, as they are pretty responsive to such things. It'll still be a day-one purchase for me.

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I keep thinking "the Airiebaba OV-10 is really nice and for a plane I won't fly that much, I can probably just stick with the freeware."

But I know in the end I'll cave. I did so with the Fouga, even though I had the pretty good freeware version, and had zero regrets. Azurpoly's stuff is just *so* good.

Gonna wait for it to hit OrbX or Simmarket, though, due to the sluggishness of Marketplace updates. I can finish learning the C-160 Transall systems while I wait.
    You will not get the weapons on the Marketplace either, best to use your approach. Love the freeware version, definitely will get this.

Cazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    You will not get the weapons on the Marketplace either, best to use your approach. Love the freeware version, definitely will get this.

Cazzie
    Actually...the good news is, the patch to add the weapons to the marketplace version (along with the paint kit and manual) are already posted on the AzurPoly website under the "RESOURCES" tab.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Actually...the good news is, the patch to add the weapons to the marketplace version (along with the paint kit and manual) are already posted on the AzurPoly website under the "RESOURCES" tab.

Kent
    The weapons patch is already on the Azure website and can be downloaded. Along with the manual.

Icon28

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    The weapons patch is already on the Azure website and can be downloaded. Along with the manual.
    Wish I had thought of saying that….

kent

Must be time for my medications. LOL

Well..you had me rechecking what I posted ("WHAT did I actually say?")...

Best,

Kent

A very welcome addition. I grew up just 33nm SW of MCAS New River which was once a sizeable OV-10A/D base for the Marines. The OV-10's buzzing/droning Garrett T76 turboprop engines/3-blade props were a constant sight and sound over SE North Carolina in the 70's and 80's. I later ended up refueling a good number of them when they flew into ILM during my days as a PLST (Ramp Rat). Those were the days, being in between New River, Cherry Point, Seymour Johnson, Pope and Myrtle Beach AFB, we saw a heck of a lot of Military Air Traffic nearly every day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bronco is releasing on Marketplace tomorrow, April 12, 2024. (Marketplace update's running a day late.)

However, heads up that Azurpoly posted that they'll be sending it to the third-party stores next week, so it won't be a long wait if don't need it on Xbox and you'd rather not have to deal with weapons packs, encrypted files, and delayed updates.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    However, heads up that Azurpoly posted that they'll be sending it to the third-party stores next week, so it won't be a long wait if don't need it on Xbox and you'd rather not have to deal with weapons packs, encrypted files, and delayed updates.
    Best news I've heard all week. I can wait another week or two in order to avoid MS Marketplace.

Kent

Ive been waiting a long time for this one, but happy to wait another week as I wont purchase it on Marketplace.

I have a nice parking spot saved for it next to my static model at Hemet.

Members who have read this thread: 116