Shrike (Milviz) F-86 Sabre Now Available! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shrike (Milviz) F-86 Sabre Now Available!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DarkSabre1.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	196.1 KB 
ID:	93736

I took some of the wear out of the front panel and darkened it a bit...looks better I think?
    But need to do the rest of the cockpit to match...lot of work...

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post

Name:	DarkSabre1.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	196.1 KB 
ID:	93736

I took some of the wear out of the front panel and darkened it a bit...looks better I think?
    That's an improvement for sure to my eyes anyway

You bet ! Thanks very much for taking the trouble, Keith, well done !

No doubt ! But she sure is worth it, don't you think ? Not only one of the best looking aircraft in MSFS sofar (Ok, a bit less pronounced rivets but that's the rivet counters' business..;-) but she flies so incredibly sweet, doesn't she !

Looking forward to your VC rework, Keith, thanks a lot again !

Hello to everyone, I was wondering if any of the old skins made for the ported over original milviz Sabre could be adapted to the new Shrike version, such as this one from Flight Systems
    Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f86.jpg  

I tried it with the "Wolfhounds" skin but as you can see , Things don't line up 100%. It needs some more tweeking.
    Also the stencils are now double. But i guess with a little work it can be done.
    snap03493 by Danny Best, on Flickr

WOW Danny!! Patiently awaiting the final result!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    I tried it with the "Wolfhounds" skin but as you can see , Things don't line up 100%. It needs some more tweeking.
    Also the stencils are now double. But i guess with a little work it can be done.
    I was there last friday with my daughter.

Wow, Cees...that is COOL-- same tail number and everything!

Kent

Haha , and typical Dutch weather i see.

Haha , and typical Dutch weather i see.
    Yes, very typical, but we had a nice day anyway.

Cees

Thank you for the answer

Quote Originally Posted by lanf77 View Post
    Hello to everyone, I was wondering if any of the old skins made for the ported over original milviz Sabre could be adapted to the new Shrike version, such as this one from Flight Systems
    Thank you
    It does not fit quite. Textures are wrapped with small differences over the new model. I am wating for a paintkit. And hopefully a layered paintkit with UV's will be released. I will then have a look at the old FSX textures ( as I made many of them).
    Here's a RNoAF Sabre that was included in the release of the Shrike model. The image is of the FSX (converted) model, and I want to rework the textures for the MSFS 2020 model. That said, I am very satisfied that we got a native FS 2020 F-86. Thankyou Shrike/Blackbird!

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

I was playing around with the rivet ALBEDO texture today and found if I reduced the size of the circles on the RIVET decal 2/3, and put together a new NORMAL and COMP set, the result looks nice on the aluminum liveries. Yes?

Edit...

Here's the test result screenshots.

rivet test 1
    rivet test 2
    Last edited by Fnerg; April 9th, 2024 at 23:01. Reason: Late night, tired, sensless babble.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnerg View Post
    I was playing around with the rivet ALBEDO texture today and found if I reduced the size of the circles on the RIVET decal 2/3, and put together a new NORMAL and COMP set, the result looks nice on the aluminum liveries. Yes? Edit...Here's the test result screenshots.rivet test 1rivet test 2
    Yes! This is a Yuge improvement. Make it so #1.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Not sure how to package it. Nothing seems to work other than dropping the files in the main texture folder.

Not sure how to package it. Nothing seems to work other than dropping the files in the main texture folder.
    If I may make a suggestion?

The "Huff" repaint was sent to the buyers separately as a repaint. You could use that as a "template", copy that folder, drop your files into it and adapt the folder name and aircraft cfg file accordingly? Or am I overlooking something?

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Maybe take a look in your Community folder, or perhaps download some free mods from Flightsim.to, and see how other devs have packaged
    similar sorts of files, not just for the Sabre, but other planes as well.

You could try using my Darker Cockpit textures mod as a template - REPLACING textures is different to ADDING textures for a livery, you don't need an aircraft.cfg file but you DO need the folder name to be alphabetically later than the shrike folder, starting with a z usually works.

I've darkened most of the cockpit now.
    https://flightsim.to/file/72688/shri...ckpit-textures

Name:	Sabre1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	316.6 KB 
ID:	93879

Thanks guys, I'm having a heck of a time trying to make a package work. I'll give it a go Keith thanks.

Thanks guys, I'm having a heck of a time trying to make a package work. I'll give it a go Keith thanks.
    Maybe suggest to the developer the changes you made to the textures with your screenshots? That way they can encorporate them into the next update.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

REPLACING textures is different to ADDING textures for a livery, you don't need an aircraft.cfg file but you DO need the folder name to be alphabetically later than the shrike folder, starting with a z usually works.
    Thank you sir! That did the trick. The z in front of the title, never would have thought of that. So bizarre. I'll put it up on FS.TO shortly. Hope you like, it's my first time using Materialize to create the Albedo's companion Complete and Normal maps.

https://flightsim.to/file/72695/shrike-f-86f-rivet-mod
    Last edited by Fnerg; April 10th, 2024 at 18:52.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Maybe suggest to the developer the changes you made to the textures with your screenshots? That way they can encorporate them into the next update.
    Thing is, the developer CHOSE to do heavy riveting and a very worn cockpit, they presumably think that they will get more customers with that visual 'warhammer' look.
    We know that in truth it should be less exaggerated...but we're in a minority...

Thing is, the developer CHOSE to do heavy riveting and a very worn cockpit, they presumably think that they will get more customers with that visual 'warhammer' look.
    We know that in truth it should be less exaggerated...but we're in a minority...
    Sad if that's the case. Fnerg's adjustments make it look much less cartoonish. It's a major improvement. Thanks, Fnerg.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

I was playing around with the rivet ALBEDO texture today and found if I reduced the size of the circles on the RIVET decal 2/3, and put together a new NORMAL and COMP set, the result looks nice on the aluminum liveries. Yes?
    Roger that, Fnerg ! Certainly a lot better, thank you, Sir !

Members who have read this thread: 215