PR Mustang III FX855 No 541 Sqn RAF

Thread: PR Mustang III FX855 No 541 Sqn RAF

PR Mustang III FX855 No 541 Sqn RAF

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - World War II

Description: This package contains alternative textures for the ex-donationware P-51C Malcolm hood version (now freeware), which can be found in the Sim-Outhouse libary. Although the textures are done for the FS9 version, they will work on the more or less identical CFS2 version as well. The textures are based on the paintkit by David Green.

The texture show the Mustang III FX855 as in was used by 541 squadron over Europe between June 1944 and May 1945.

Between June 44 and May 45, 541 Squadron used 3 Mustang Mk.III's, alongside Spit PRX, XI and XIX. These planes were transferred from other RAF squadrons shortly before D-Day and were equipped with two side-facing cameras. One of the cameras was mounted behind the pilot like other RAF photo recon Mustangs, but there was another camera mounted behind the radiator in a mount very similar to that used on the USAAF's F-6C. They were repainted in RAF PRU blue by 541 Sqn and had the full set of AEAF (Allied Expeditionary Air Force) stripes applied. Serial numbers were FX855 (from 315 Sqn), FX952 (from 129 Sqn) and HB837 (from 617 Sqn).

I want to thank the Anthony "Gramps" Sullenger and the rest of the FDG2 team for creating this model and donating it to the Sim-Outhouse. And of course Martin Wright for his simple but indispensable graphic tools, as without his dtx1 bitmap manipulator these textures simply wouldn't be there.

Enjoy,
    Huub
    March 2024

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit PR Mustang III FX855 No 541 Sqn RAF
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

thanks Huub

... and thank you muchly from me too,
    Ro

Love a PRU kite, plan to slap this on three CFS2 models and use them as AI too (CFS2 model is Multi-LOD). If I'm feeling over pedantic may even edit the serials, LOL.

Thank you very much Huub.

Thanks for doing these Huub, i know its not your favorite 51 and probably wont get much flying time in your sim, but its very much appreciated by me

Thanks for the kind words guys. The No 19 Squadron Mustang has been uploaded as well.

Cheers,
    Huub

A "Spittange".
    I'm not over the hill. I'm on the back nine.

Members who have read this thread: 57