MSFS 2020 Market Place

Thread: MSFS 2020 Market Place

MSFS 2020 Market Place

Happy Easter Simmer's,

Curious, why do I keep bumping into this negative vibe in various forums when it comes to dealing with M/S Market Place ? At the present time most of my A/C have been purchased via this store with no concerns ?? What am I'm missing ? .... just saying

Regards

The files from the marketplace are encrypted, thus difficult to mod by the user, plus they are usually slow when it comes to making available updates and new versions.
    Mathias

Slow updates, & no visible weapons for military aircraft are the main reasons I don't use the MP for aircraft. Doesn't matter so much for scenery.

Slow updates (always coming several weeks later than the other stores) and encrypted files are the biggest issues.
    When it comes to visible weapons, at least some of the addon makers provide some patches to make them visible again. Deimo's is a good example. His planes are only sold on the marketplace, but on flightsim.to you can download some "weapon update" to make the weapons visible.

Blog Entries
    I like to help third-party developers and third-party distributors. Let's support the competition. Everybody benefits. I have purchased a few Carenado products from the Marketplace and some sceneries. But that is all.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

And as a Steam user successful Marketplace purchases are often a lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    And as a Steam user successful Marketplace purchases are often a lottery.
    Never had any problems with those. Then again, I think I only own about 6 MP releases.

As for the FR Spitfire Mk.V, I'm waiting to see pictures if there are clipped wings versions included in the pack.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Appreciate the feed back,

Have to admit I've been waiting patiently for the Pilots latest update for the Dash 7 to appear but nothing so far, believe Pilots released the latest patch 1.50 sometime ago.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    As for the FR Spitfire Mk.V, I'm waiting to see pictures if there are clipped wings versions included in the pack.
    There are two clipped wing examples included with the desert/tropical variant product, and there are three clipped wing examples included with the standard variant product.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    There are two clipped wing examples included with the desert/tropical variant product, and there are three clipped wing examples included with the standard variant product.
    Does this model have a real free castoring tailwheel? The MkI has not as the wheel moves together with rudder and it shouldn't. When I found out I never used it again.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Thanks John!

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU