Need Help getting a plane to show up - CFS2 no Likey !?

Thread: Need Help getting a plane to show up - CFS2 no Likey !?

Need Help getting a plane to show up - CFS2 no Likey !?

Well the goofy/unique F7U Cutlass is one of my favorite planes, and my scratch-built RC one flies better than just about anything I've flown...if anybody here is into RC I even posted plans on RCgroups... to very little interest of course.

Anyways, I have tried everything I know but it won't show up in free flight.

It is the "mc" one , I think the only one out there and it is listed under cfs2.

I did put the gauges files into gauges... as directed... there is a sounds folder with sounds inside the main plane's folder but that looks normal to me.

I aliased the panel and the sound cfg files to the working Heinkel Salamander... no go. I converted the bmp (strangely there is a texture folder inside the panel folder which has bmp of the plane's exterior... tried to moving them to textures folder, no luck).

I then used dxtbmp to convert the normal-looking bmps to the dxt form after noting the stock plane textures look like gobblygook.. therefore different...

No luck so I'm out of ideas... if anyone got this to work or has a kind heart and wants to try it... let me know.. if you search for "cfs2 cutlass" I think it is the only one shows up (with pic over the ocean)...

thx, Rote

FS2002/CFS2 Vought F7U Cutlass. By Marc Czygan? https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...ge=1&filename=

The sound.cfg was trying to find an aircraft I didn't have. Changed the aliased to an aircraft I had and it shows up on the list.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

thanks

Thanks, I will try that right away... I thought I already tried aliasing that sound but I've been scatter-brained working on too many planes at once...

I noticed the author mentioned it was a FS2002 plane but they usually work on cfs2 on his system.

It worked ! .. thanks a million, for some reason I was convinced it was a panel problem.

Members who have read this thread: 38