Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HE-162 has unwanted model part

HE-162 has unwanted model part

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	he162parttoremove.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	511.9 KB 
ID:	93603
    May I ask a question? Can anyone remove the highlighted part of this model in the screenshot?
    Of course it needs permission... I acknowledge that.

I also haven't posted a forum thread in a long time.

If it is the red dots you can simply delete the part
    Look at the plane wether all you need is there otherwise -->UNDO

I tried it myself... but there are certain files missing and/or couldn't be installed without a genuine copy of fsx.

To be honest, I was asking a favor for someone to do it for me. Does this clear up the confusion?

SOH-CM-2022
    You've managed to highlight the part in MCX, now all you need to do is press the remove button and the part will be deleted.

If it doesn't work for you why do you think it might work for someone else?

Or is there more that you need doing.

It would also make it easier for people if you told there what model it was you were using and where to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingvsAirbusNKL View Post
    I tried it myself... but there are certain files missing and/or couldn't be installed without a genuine copy of fsx.
    . . . .
    What airplane is this (payware or freeware?) and are you saying you don't have FSX at all?

Update: I downloaded the same airplane (I noticed in the screenshot that it's an old Alphasim rendition(CFS2)) The biggest problem you have is that it isn't native FSX. It's been updated to work in FSX but until someone does a conversion you can't do anything with it.
    Last edited by falcon409; March 29th, 2024 at 08:25. Reason: New Info!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Some clarifications

I have FSX... but all the required utilities could not be installed. It is the freeware Alphasim HE-162 converted to FSX. Sorry for the lack of clarification.

I have FSX... but all the required utilities could not be installed. It is the freeware Alphasim HE-162 converted to FSX. Sorry for the lack of clarification.
    Ok, as I mentioned above, I downloaded that airplane and installed it. It may say it is for FSX but it is not (at least the one I have) a "Native FSX" model. The major difference between the two is that CFS2 and FS9 airplanes can be made to work with FSX but the only way you can fix the problem you are trying to correct is to have the original "source files" and a working knowledge of GMax, Blender or another similar 3D program. With a Native FSX model you can use MCX (model converter X) to remove the squares that show up in the sim around the airplane.

Look in the model folder for your airplane, if you have one mdl file and a model config file then it's not a true native FSX model.

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2022
    What are these "required utilities" you are talking about?

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by gavinc View Post
    What are these "required utilities" you are talking about?
    BoeingvsAirbusNKL probably means the FSX SDK... Yes even with the original FSX CDs, it's quite hard to install the SDK properly, I tried, and failed... Without it, you can't export/compile your model with McX...

I found out you actually only need 2 files from the SDK, so no need for the complete (and bloated) SDK package: XtoMDL.exe and ModelDef.xml. Back in 2021 I found a trick to locate these 2 files, and use them with McX. Look here...

Maybe this trick is still valid... Maybe not... But I'm sure one of you McX guru can help BoeingvsAirbusNKL with this old CSF2 Heinkel HE-162 by Alphasim (to try it, locate ALPHA_He162_Salamander_FS02_CFS2.zip in the freeware section at Virtavia or here in the SOH library).

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    BoeingvsAirbusNKL probably means the FSX SDK... Yes even with the original FSX CDs, it's quite hard to install the SDK properly, I tried, and failed... Without it, you can't export/compile your model with McX...

I found out you actually only need 2 files from the SDK, so no need for the complete (and bloated) SDK package: XtoMDL.exe and ModelDef.xml. Back in 2021 I found a trick to locate these 2 files, and use them with McX. Look here...

Maybe this trick is still valid... Maybe not... But I'm sure one of you McX guru can help BoeingvsAirbusNKL with this old CSF2 Heinkel HE-162 by Alphasim (to try it, locate ALPHA_He162_Salamander_FS02_CFS2.zip in the freeware section at Virtavia or here in the SOH library).
    I wondered what he was talking about as well, but you're right, that must be it. What we/he needs is someone willing to do the conversion to native FSX. After that, removing the part he wants gone is a simple task, no more than a minute or two.

Current System Specs:

Of course I had to do some updating of the VC, lol:

He 162_Update_VC-2024-apr-4-001 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

He 162_Update_VC-2024-apr-4-002 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

Just an FYI, I had to go looking quite a bit before I found it, but the rectangle in the center console is a sight window to view the nose gear.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Of course I had to do some updating of the VC, lol:

He 162_Update_VC-2024-apr-4-001 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

He 162_Update_VC-2024-apr-4-002 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

Just an FYI, I had to go looking quite a bit before I found it, but the rectangle in the center console is a sight window to view the nose gear.
    I had to do some finaggling to get my Salamander to show up in the plane preview window. When I did finally get mine to show up in the sim I had no VC (even though the textures and panel are in the folders.) I didn't get that far but if I do get my VC to show up and don't like the gauges I planned to populate my panel with gauges from my copy of FR's Me-262.
    Unrelated, but related, when I installed the recently uploaded XB-51 for FS2004 I ran it in MCX to assign a different animation to the air brakes on the fuselage sides. (They were assigned the Concorde visor keys, I used a door animation.) Well, the airbrakes work now, but my VC vanished! Also still trying to figure that one out!

SOH-CM-2022
    Well, I pulled the Alphasim model into MCX and it is a very simple model. Fairly easy to convert.

What I can't tell from the screenshot that started this thread is what exactly is the part that needs to be removed.

BoeingvsAirbusNKL - could you be more specific about what you need removed? Perhaps post a more close up shot with the part circled

thanks
    Gavin

P.S. Ed - I like what you have done with the VC

Update - I just pulled the conversion into FSX and a bunch of the gauges are no longer supported (FS98 gauges) so they would need to be replaced.

Well, I pulled the Alphasim model into MCX and it is a very simple model. Fairly easy to convert.

What I can't tell from the screenshot that started this thread is what exactly is the part that needs to be removed.

. . . . .
    In MCX you'll notice 3 (I think) squares around the nose of the airplane at ground level, that's what needs to be removed

Current System Specs:

In MCX you'll notice 3 (I think) squares around the nose of the airplane at ground level, that's what needs to be removed
    In the original image he posted above it shows the hierarchy and what line to remove. While the squares don't show in that one the red area shows the correct area that those squares represent. Remove that line in the hierarchy and that'll take care of them.

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2022
    In the original image he posted above it shows the hierarchy and what line to remove. While the squares don't show in that one the red area shows the correct area that those squares represent. Remove that line in the hierarchy and that'll take care of them.
    Those red squares are simply displaying because he has Bounding Box display enabled in MCX, they are not actually parts of the model.

I have more parts in MCX that he is showing (probably because he imported with Collapse Model Parts enabled and I don't)

Gavin

Those red squares are simply displaying because he has Bounding Box display enabled in MCX, they are not actually parts of the model.

I have more parts in MCX that he is showing (probably because he imported with Collapse Model Parts enabled and I don't)

Gavin
    This shows the small squares and the line to remove:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails remove_boxes.jpg  

Current System Specs:

When loaded into the Sim those show as black boxes that are visible around the airplane.

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2022
    How weird - The boxes only show up if you disable complex shaders in MCX (or if you enable "inspect bone weight render mode")

I don't actually see them when I look at the aircraft in FSX

SOH-CM-2022

Updated model for FSX

Here is the HE-162 model recompiled for FSX native format with the red boxes removed.

If someone else is interested in fixing the invalid gauges in the panel and releasing a complete FSX package have at it.

Gavin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is the HE-162 model recompiled for FSX native format with the red boxes removed...
    Merci Gavin !

Thank you,Gavin!

Alain
    -

Job well done!

Massive thanks to all who helped! Will test it out soon!
    AWESOME JOB, GAVIN!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HE62JobWellDone.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	93783
    Last edited by BoeingvsAirbusNKL; April 7th, 2024 at 06:24. Reason: photo added and praise to Gavin

Here is the HE-162 model recompiled for FSX native format with the red boxes removed.
    If someone else is interested in fixing the invalid gauges in the panel and releasing a complete FSX package have at it.
    Gavin
    First off, well done Gavin. . .someday I'll get my feeble brain around doing conversions, lol

As for the gauges, the download I found had replacement gauges in a separate folder. I can send those if you need them.
    Also, I was going to spruce up the cockpit glass with a better shine but the glass isn't on a texture sheet it's just a material so I thought I'd load the mdl file into MDLMat and see if I could tweak it somehow in there. The mdl file couldn't be loaded because it says it must be an "older" mdl file?

My Bad: I was using the wrong version of the material editor. MDLMatXX is the correct one. However the material doesn't show up in the list of materials.
    Last edited by falcon409; April 8th, 2024 at 08:44. Reason: wrong info

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 153