Looking for a terrain for a SCW Campaign...

Thread: Looking for a terrain for a SCW Campaign...

Looking for a terrain for a SCW Campaign...

I'm Getting back into this sim as game developers now ignore single-player folks like me, even the combat sims, which is mainly what I'm interested in... too much work to generate content (a mission builder and making things moddable would generate its own sales and community, but I guess they never thought of that)... CFS2 has the most realistic damage modelling I've seen, and the add-ons add a lot.

I have gathered together everything needed for the Legion Kondor large campaign... but the scenery file said "Josiah Haut's" euromesh terrain (which includes spain obviously) is required. It doesn't seem to be anywhere. If some kind soul could point me to it, or suggest an alternative that would work ? I do have the alternative "Spain Mesh".

Funny thing is I remember having it at one point I think, but after moving etc I can't locate it.

I plan on using JSGME generic mod enabler to enable/disable mods without having to do the multiple install thing - the key there is to disable them in reverse order so you don't mess up the mods and your game folder.

The golden-age planes are something I have always enjoyed... if I can't get it to work, well on to the Japanese campaigns... I can only fly the chubby heavy american planes so long, hehe...

Thanks for any help!

Rote (mister scatterbrain)....

Library Staff
    Hi Rote,

Use Sander de Cocq's EurW terrain in conjunction with Rhumbaflappy's mesh. Rami's MTO Installation Guide, which is included in Achim's SCW airfields package, will show you how to install the scenery.

For ground textures use Captain Kurt's SCW terrain textures instead of the northern European ones which are in the EurW package.

Maskrider did a few more airfields for northern Spain. All the downloads are in the SOH CFS2 Scenery section.

I'm not sure if all the airfield starting points in the Kondor Legion missions will put you on the runway thresholds. You might have to do some adjusting in Mission Builder.

Good luck!

Kevin

Thanks for your help !

I have downloaded that gubblepuppy (whatever, hehe) huge terrain mesh already yesterday... I will get on it this weekend..

Rote

Captain Kurt did some updated SCW campaigns back in 2013 - it's well worth using these as your start point rather than any older stuff

Thanks I need to find those, I'm thinking they're all here on SOH..

Members who have read this thread: 38