SU 15 delayed until April

Thread: SU 15 delayed until April

SOH-CM-2024

SU 15 delayed until April

Quote Originally Posted by Sim Update 15 delayed, post:1, topic:635719
    Hi everyone, As you may know, Sim Update 15 was initially targeted to be released tomorrow, March 26th. After careful consideration, the Sim Update 15 release will now be moved to April with the exact date to be determined. Your feedback has helped us identify issues that we would like to continue to work on, so many thanks from our team for your detailed reports and efforts. Our beta testing will continue during this time, and forum discussion can be accessed here:

The official word, now on 1.37.9.0 beta. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/su15-beta/370

Cazzie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    The official word, now on 1.37.9.0 beta. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/su15-beta/370

Cazzie
    It's ok - I've been looking forward to a good SU-15 Flagon sim for ages.

I'll see myself out.

Jokes aside, do folks know what sort of impact to addons this'll have, or is holding one's breath the standard MSFS SOP?

Thx for info, a little pity but better to have less bugs than more .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Frankly, I'm glad. I just have everything working perfectly and all my addons just right. It seems like every Sim Update comes with several issues that take time and effort to sort (or learn to live with). This gives me a little more time just to enjoy the sim.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

I generally detest updates of any kind, like the one's (Popular fruit) brand slows down their phones with. Was gone in NZ for a month and as soon as I fired up the 2020 MSFS both the computer and the sim updated and then adding. All that was working previously was not. Some of it semi sorted but not wholly just win time for the next go around.

Updates: welcome to the 21st century...

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Do you know the new date? We are on 1/3 of April.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Do you know the new date? We are on 1/3 of April.
    YoYo, it's Microsoft. you know their deal, hurry up and wait. snail can outpace an .msi. install.

Cazzie

Blog Entries
    New mandatory update today (1.5G) - and now my entire stick mapping/binding got erased! GRRRR

Where is this file saved, so I can back up a copy for the future?

thx,

dl

Are you sure it was erased ? You don't simply need to reselect the profile you had created in the past ?

I had that update as well. Steam version here.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I was only Marketplace, Sim World update, not a game update (patch, like current beta). This will be 30/04.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Are you sure it was erased ? You don't simply need to reselect the profile you had created in the past ?
    Yes. It's gone.

Scrolling on the controller configs in the sim (left to right) shows none of the profiles I created, only "default". And that default profile has no control inputs from my stick/throttle (VKB Gladiator + throttle quadrant).

So I'm curious where those profiles are saved, in order to preserve them in the future. It's a major exercise to set up all the axes, all the buttons, etc.

thx

PS - the update I'm referring to (1.5G) was for my setup which is in Steam, just to clarify that it doesn't look like it was part of the coming SU-15 per se. But again, when that hits in under two weeks, I don't want to repeat this controller setup exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Yes. It's gone.

Scrolling on the controller configs in the sim (left to right) shows none of the profiles I created, only "default". And that default profile has no control inputs from my stick/throttle (VKB Gladiator + throttle quadrant).

So I'm curious where those profiles are saved, in order to preserve them in the future. It's a major exercise to set up all the axes, all the buttons, etc.

thx

PS - the update I'm referring to (1.5G) was for my setup which is in Steam, just to clarify that it doesn't look like it was part of the coming SU-15 per se. But again, when that hits in under two weeks, I don't want to repeat this controller setup exercise.
    From what I've read, I think all profile settings are stored in the MSFS cloud now. I purchased from Steam, and had the same update, but no problems.
    The only thing I can think of, if you haven't already done so, is to check that you're still signed in to your MSFS account (on the main MSFS menu, click
    on your user name in the upper right hand corner). I don't know if there's a way to reset or re-synch your MSFS cloud account.

Settings are stored in the cloud, but also on your PC - on startup a message window sometimes appears asking me if I want to "use the settings on this PC (older) or the cloud (newer)." ALWAYS pick whichever is newer!
    On PC, the controller settings are stored in the wgs folder: AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8 wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs

Blog Entries
    Now my entire bindings profile won't persist.

I create it (again). Save and apply. Exit the game, and it disappears. The name of the profile is there, but there's nothing assigned.

This is is so annoying.

Just a thought: have you checked that your Online Functionality is still on (under General Options->Data)? I've had
    updates in the past that have turned it off. I mention this since profiles are stored in the MSFS cloud.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Just a thought: have you checked that your Online Functionality is still on (under General Options->Data)? I've had
    updates in the past that have turned it off. I mention this since profiles are stored in the MSFS cloud.
    Hi,

Yes - I did - it's turned on.

I'm on Steam, so my controller configs appear to be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\1689987858\1250410\remote

Additionally, I see a number of files named "input_profileXXXXX" where the Xs are a string of numbers. The file dates correlate to days I tried to reset the configs. Considered deleting them all, but was unsure if that would mess up something.

Blog Entries
    I rarely use the MSFS controller settings. I don’t like having to change profiles for every airplane I fly. Ever since FS9, I have used FSUIPC. Currently I also use Lorby’s Axis and Ohs.

All default settings, I.e., trim, flaps, lights, go into FSUIPC. I will use Axis and Ohs for the aircraft specific functions. I can and do back up both FSUIPC and Axis and Ohs config/Templates. This way I don’t lose my settings if I have a crash. With six Leo Bonnard button controllers, a Honeycomb yoke and throttle setup, plus a new Winwing stick and throttle base, I have a lot of settings that I don’t want to lose.

For those interested, I also have a third program to set controllers called SPAD.next. It is very powerful but complicated and hard (for me)to use. I will sometimes use it for setting LVARs to Go Flight controllers.

Each of the above programs automatically knows what aircraft is loaded and pulls up that profile.

I hope this helps.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Blog Entries
    Hi @jmig (can't quote for some reason)

Thanks for that. I'm really liking your idea of decoupling my bindings for MSFS from inside the game. Sensitivites weren't saving either even when the profile was behaving correctly. I've not done anything with FSUIPC on my new PC, and am not familiar with Axes and Ohs - do I need both programs? And am I correct in understanding that I can use it/them to set multiple aircraft-specific profiles, specifically and automatically for MSFS?

For example, I'd like to have a fixed wing profile for aircraft like the Harrier - where controls function conventionally, and mixture operates as a nozzle setting. But then a rotary-wing profile, where the throttle acts as a collective, and the mixture is the throttle control. To set it once and have it available in MSFS every time I load the sim. One way or the other, I've got to resolve the controller profile issue or the sim is useless to me. I've spent a couple hours each night for the last week trying everything and nothing's working.

Appreciate your insight.

dl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hi @jmig (can't quote for some reason)

Thanks for that. I'm really liking your idea of decoupling my bindings for MSFS from inside the game. Sensitivites weren't saving either even when the profile was behaving correctly. I've not done anything with FSUIPC on my new PC, and am not familiar with Axes and Ohs - do I need both programs? And am I correct in understanding that I can use it/them to set multiple aircraft-specific profiles, specifically and automatically for MSFS?

For example, I'd like to have a fixed wing profile for aircraft like the Harrier - where controls function conventionally, and mixture operates as a nozzle setting. But then a rotary-wing profile, where the throttle acts as a collective, and the mixture is the throttle control. To set it once and have it available in MSFS every time I load the sim. One way or the other, I've got to resolve the controller profile issue or the sim is useless to me. I've spent a couple hours each night for the last week trying everything and nothing's working.

Appreciate your insight.

dl
    FSUIPC uses Profiles. A profile can be for a group of aircraft, say Complex Twins, or aircraft specific, say Millville C-310.

Axis and OHs uses Templates. They will be for the loaded airplane, Say, C-182 RG. However, after saving the C-182 RG template, it can be used for the C-182 or any other airplane that uses the same functionality.

Part of the controller issue with MSFS2020is you no longer have A Throttle function. You have at least six or more. One airplane will work with Throttle 1 while anther uses Set Throttle1. Axis and OHs has a nifty feature that displays the MSFS event when you move the control within the sim. So, you could use your mouse to move the throttle and see what function or event is listed. This doesn’t always work 100%, but it sure helps.

Feel free to ask any questions. I am out of town, so I it may take a day or two for me to answer.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 171