Interesting Dialog On How AI Works In BOBII

Thread: Interesting Dialog On How AI Works In BOBII

Interesting Dialog On How AI Works In BOBII

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

So, WRT CFS3 and the spin offs, WOFF and WOTR, has anyone been able to improve AI performance in these sims, or is that tied to the base CFS3 program to which no one has access to? Not being familiar with programming myself, it woulsd be interesting to know.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I believe that WOFF significantly upgraded the AI performance.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

And somehow, in spite of having a vastly smaller team to tackle that complex issue, WOFF managed to create the best AI by a wide margin.

I take there has been no way to port that over to CFS3?

Blog Entries
    I would say that the AI in WoFF/WoTR are likely the best in any combat SIM to date. The IL2 and CFS3 ones are equally awful. BoB2 is very good but that sim is very dated nowadays.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

AI in WOFF

You would need to know how they did it and which files are needed. I think this was a topic of discussion years ago and to no avail. Just open your copy of WOFF and see what you can see. There was discussion that it was in the pilot attributes section, but I never really spent the time to snoop around. There were rumors that some of the WOFF folks were linked to MS and had access to the source code..... I think that was fake news but who knows. Oh, the WOFF folks when asked about this were quite silent.

At present I've heard no indication they intend to make it available outside of their products, though that would be really cool. I think it is tied in to a lot of other systems in their sim that wouldn't lend itself to porting into CFS3.

I assume Mark Andrews is the main man still? A pity he can't do something like offering a DL of the AI aspects to those willing to pay as we did with WOFF and WOTR. AFAIK, there have been no recent updates on WOFF and WRT WOTR, one can pay $35 for the WOTR BOF expansion! Interesting not much in the way of posts since its re;ease in early Feb?

I'd certainly pay for an AI upgrade package for CFS3. The most recent update earlier this month says they are working on a new release which will include Belgium as its own new nationality, and some new aircraft and other improvements. So they're definitely still developing it.

Blog Entries
    The most recent update earlier this month says they are working on a new release which will include Belgium as its own new nationality, and some new aircraft and other improvements. So they're definitely still developing it.
    The BoB/BoF side feels more like a hobby, I'm sure they could make more money if they skipped to the US daylight bombing campaign rather than the niche early stuff. There's scope for a decent portrayal of the latter war period. Just my tuppence worth.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

I agree with your tuppence worth and raise you to a thruppence!

Members who have read this thread: 35