it drives me nuts

Thread: it drives me nuts

Thumbs up it drives me nuts

heres a rant for you...
    so you all download other peoples files and are really proud of their files, by sharing screens and vids youve made etc.... yet you don't have a clue on how angry i am that no one shares their love for my creations on flightsim/SOH like site posting screenshots or vids etc... is it that you never liked them? or are just out to get notariety? could you please post shots of my stuff more often and send me the fb or forum link or pm/dm so i can see them please...

in general it doesnt make me any happier to see no one posting anything...its simple just download any of the c150 paints or the fairchild pt-19 paints and take some shots, they are some of my best work...and i know they arent like payware materal but, they are art!! and art deserves to be appreciated at least... anyways sorry to bother you all with this but im getting fed up...

90% of my files are on flightsim.com so...you may have to search there..

have a good day

Members +
    I gotta admit that I am at fault here.
    For the last 20+ years, I have always supported the freeware designers, by downloading their creations, as you guys are the backbone of our hobby.
    One way of knowing how our 'art' (yes, it is, & always created with love), is by the amount of downloads there are for our 'babies'.

There have been times where I have contacted the developer, either by a 'thanks' forum post, and sometimes with an email.
    The lack of picture & forum postings certainly does not mean that the downloads are not appreciated. They very much are, and you comment resonated with me.
    Maybe I've taken designers too much for granted. Appreciated .. yes!!

Slowly, our FS2004 developers are becoming fewer. We really need to show more support to those that still provide us with great add-ons for our hobby!!

Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Gonna be honest here; given the choice of the same airplane in either Freeware or Payware, 9 times out of 10 I'll take the Freeware version over Payware anytime. Not because I'm a frugal cheapskate, but because in many cases the Freeware offering works better than Payware without being so much of a Resource hog.

I'll opt for Payware only for Looks AND if it's On Sale. That's what I did with the GAS Boeing Model 40 (looks) and the Carenado stuff I have (on Sale).

I will always support Freeware artists and Enablers any chance I get. Guess why the folks @ AVSIM gave me the Campaign "Freeware Evangelist"!

PS... for the Record, I have a couple of your PT-19 Skins, Darrell... I jyst don't fly that airplane very often.

Darren, it doesn't make sense to get angry at people because they won't fly or advertise your creations. You simply can't force people to like what you have made. And there is simply too much available to fly in one single life time.

Don't you recognise this feeling? You have a perfect model with great paintwork installed and the only thing you do with it, is look at it an think, "I should fly this more often".

Make sure to enjoy what you are creating, independent of what other people do with it or think from it.

Cheers,
    Huub

FS2004 creations - feedback

Hallo friends,
    When I gegun to publish my first panels, and than later flight dynamic mods I did them at first for my own pleasure.
    And as return to the so many free avaible planes and sceneries.
    Today I want to express my thank you to all those who still make stuff for FS2004 and so still hold FS2004 at life.
    Not so long away I asked If a Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-12 Two seater version exists - paf - Allen did it so fast I hadn't time to do the panel for
    at time. Allso I got a lot of help from friends here
    Thank you to them all.
    On the other hand some evolutions make me a bit sad: In early days when I published a new stuff, there has been feedback. Some times
    just a little thank you, some times with critics how I could make things better. So I saw if my little works where apreciated.
    Today - plop - just one or two feedbacks.
    Before I wrote complete manuals and from the answers I knew they had been apreciated.
    Today I just will share the outcome what I do for my own pleasure. As I do not know if a manual would be read I will no longer spent time with that - it took me more time than to do a panel and modify the plane to fit the panel.
    I will not be angry with that evolution - almost the old romains sad Oh Tempora Oh mores.
    So to finish thank you again to all who with their work hold FS2004 at life
    to all who helped me
    to all who just dropped a kind comment
    and last not least to the SOH Team, their site has become a real home for me
    Best Regards
    Yours
    Michael Vader

Members who have read this thread: 77