SC Designs F5E just released - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SC Designs F5E just released

Big fun to fly. Started with J-3044 repaint. First try. WIP. One of the current grey ones of Swiss Air Force. Thanks to Dean - no more trouble wich stencils and rivets. Great for repainters. Waiting for repaintkit.

J-3044 by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr

J-3044_1 by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr

Thomas

There is a paint kit on their discord, though it didn't seem any easier to use than modifying an existing livery to me (apart from being a PNG original).

I know it's the Easter holidays but I had hoped that we would have seen more F-5 repaint activity by now.

Blog Entries
    I received an email from Just Flight stating that revision 1.0.1 was available. In a Facebook post, Dean said the layered paint kit was included in the update. I have downloaded the update but haven't installed it yet.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Downloaded and installed. Weird errors about v1.0.2 already being installed during the installation.

There is a paintkit in there!

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Same install glitch with version number, just ignore it - guess the original manifest.json was wrong?

Rudder mostly fixed...still feels a bit weird but in right direction at least.

Flaps fixed - positions/indicator and animations all good now.

Some cockpit issues fixed, radar mode knob still wrong but tooltips OK, range knob still wrong, no tooltip.
    UHF knob relabelled Nav - not strictly correct but works, has imaginary HS label

Strangely they've bound the drag chute to the airbrakes - land with airbrakes out and the chute pops immediately, shouldn't be deployed until 100 KTs.
    Drag chute lever now inop.
    Not happy with that mapping...suggested making nosewheel on the ground the trigger rather than the mains - that should be OK I think.

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Same install glitch with version number, just ignore it - guess the original manifest.json was wrong?

Some cockpit issues fixed, radar mode knob still wrong but tooltips OK, range knob still wrong, no tooltip.
    UHF knob relabelled Nav - not strictly correct but works, has imaginary HS label

Strangely they've bound the drag chute to the airbrakes - land with airbrakes out and the chute pops immediately, shouldn't be deployed until 100 KTs.
    Not happy with that mapping...suggested making nosewheel on the ground the trigger rather than the mains - that should be OK I think.
    It flies better, but I don't understand the binding of the chute to the airbrakes. Not happy with that! Apart from that it is a great improvement.

Cees

Apparently it's temporary, and the nosewheel suggestion was tried but no go...will wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    It flies better, but I don't understand the binding of the chute to the airbrakes. Not happy with that! Apart from that it is a great improvement.

Cees
    It was to provide braking for the chute. By attaching to the spoiler, we were able to create secondary braking on the ground that is higher than that in the air, resulting in parachute "drag". Works quite well but as Keith mentioned, we need to refine it a little to make it better and more natural, and then bind the Parachute handle back to it.

Likewise, oleo extension has been deactivated for now, until I can create a more stable and realistic way of doing it. It might have caused some of the stability problems in the flight model when on the ground. It'll get sorted soon, once I've come up with a new way of making it work.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Don't get me wrong I was already very pleased with the first version and I enloy flying this one. Over all I think it's the best F5 on the market.

Cees

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    It was to provide braking for the chute. By attaching to the spoiler, we were able to create secondary braking on the ground that is higher than that in the air, resulting in parachute "drag". Works quite well but as Keith mentioned, we need to refine it a little to make it better and more natural, and then bind the Parachute handle back to it.

Likewise, oleo extension has been deactivated for now, until I can create a more stable and realistic way of doing it. It might have caused some of the stability problems in the flight model when on the ground. It'll get sorted soon, once I've come up with a new way of making it work.
    Dean, since you are reading these posts again, and we are talking about small errors. The AOA indexer colors are wrong. The donut should be green and not yellow. The down arrows that indicate being too slow should be red, as you are gonna die. Finaly, the bottom (up Arrows) which indicate too fast are generally yellow.

I know this is minor. Still, it is details like this, which should have been caught by your beta pilots, that feed the trolls.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post

Got the update yesterday and generally agree. Several instruments do not have all the functional buttons,(G-meter reset, Airspeed marker, standby ADI cage). HSI bearing pointer still not working, I did notice the function selector knobs (gray) on the UHF are upside down. I'm chalking the fuel flow to a MSFS engine issue.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Dean, since you are reading these posts again, and we are talking about small errors. The AOA indexer colors are wrong. The donut should be green and not yellow. The down arrows that indicate being too slow should be red, as you are gonna die. Finaly, the bottom (up Arrows) which indicate too fast are generally yellow.

I know this is minor. Still, it is details like this, which should have been caught by your beta pilots, that feed the trolls.

Thanks John, all noted.

My appearance here is temporary, I do have a compulsion to assist owners of my products so it's hard not to log in and reply sometimes. I have found that a life devoid of most social media is a much happier place
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Hey Dean, would you mind looking at the rudder response again... Thanks
    Cheers,
    Dave

Members who have read this thread: 202