Battle For Midway Missions and Campaign

Thread: Battle For Midway Missions and Campaign

Battle For Midway Missions and Campaign

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: This is an updated and revamped version of Abacus "Battle For Midway" for Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2.

There were *NUMEROUS* mission bugs and typographical errors contained throughout the entire package. Some of the bugs and errors were so severe that some of the missions would completely crash and lock up the simulator, or they could not even be completed (especially in the Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2 version, which was simply a conversion of the missions of their Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 1 version missions).

This edited version of Battle For Midway for Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2 fixes all of that! All of the mission bugs and typographical errors have been corrected and fixed, and all of the converted Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 1 aircraft used in the missions that were included with the Abacus add-on have been substituted with similar stock aircraft that ship with Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2 (no add-on aircraft required).

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Battle For Midway Missions and Campaign for Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon22 Many Thanks

Yo Rich;

Many Thanks for your efforts on this.
    Will give it a try!
    Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

Lightbulb

Yer welcome! P.S. Read the included readme for mission tips, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtman View Post
    Yo Rich;

Many Thanks for your efforts on this.
    Will give it a try!

Thank you Rich Nagel, will give it a try soon.

msfossey

Thank you for these, Rich!

Roger That

[QUOTE= Read the included readme for mission tips, etc...[/QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY Sir !!!

I've been kickin' around this barn for 19 years and have learned a thing or two.

No reason to post stupid questions for lack of reading the instructions!
    We're never to old to learn something new!

*** what the hell was I talking about? ... oh yeah!***

Looking forward to flying the IJN side @ Midway ... never dun dat one!
    Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

Thank you!

My, does this bring back memories! I had the original Abacus set back in the day. Thank you so much for this.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Thanks a bunch for this.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Cool

Y'all are quite welcome!

Hehe, I actually had bought two copies of BFM a few months ago: The first didn't have a manual, and I wanted one, so I found a second copy on EBay that did LOL.

Anyhow, I was EXTREMELY disappointed with all of the bugs in the missions in the original version. Typos GALORE (historical, as well as mission). Mission bugs like crazy; ones that couldn't be completed, ones where bombers wouldn't accurately drop their loads on target, ones where there was NO way that you'd have enough fuel for the return trip, missions that locked up the game, etc... it was driving me NUTZ.

re: The original aircraft that shipped with the original add-on: NONE of them even had tailhooks <aarrgghh>. That, and them being butt-ugly looking, made me decide to simply substitute stock CFS2 aircraft for all of the ones in the missions.

So I decided to go ahead and spend the better part of a month making this package. Anyhow, the missions aren't perfect, but they ARE eventually winnable (unlike many of the missions in the original release).

P.S. One of the missions (I forget which) was such a mess that I basically had to recreate it from scratch. PITA, but worth it IMHO

Hi Rich Nagel
    Thanks for your efforts in fixing up these missions.

Cheers
    Stuart

Thank you sir, this is much appreciated. I read your post and what a PITA the original release was indeed. I wholeheartedly agree.

I bought a copy when it first came out and your words brought forth not so fond memories of exactly what you stated and then some. I couldn't believe that it was actually released and for real $$. Thanks for fixing it up.

Members who have read this thread: 62