Flanders map

Thread: Flanders map

Flanders map

Hello Vintage Aircraft Afficionados
    My friend Michael Vader sent me an XML gauge, GeoLibre, showing your position on a French map.
    Michael gave me the idea to do the same with historical World War One maps, in .gau format, usable in CFS2, some screenshots to illustrate it:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sopwith Baby in Dunkerque.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	261.6 KB 
ID:	93510
    Aviation Maritime Sopwith Baby in Dunkerque

Name:	FF33 over Zeebruge.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	273.4 KB 
ID:	93511
    Friedrichshafen FF33e over Zeebrugge

Name:	Voisin3 in Coxyde.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	269.8 KB 
ID:	93512
    Voisin 3 in Coxyde

For now, only a few part of the historical maps is re-shaped/re-sized, it will be a long and repetitive work to complete it, is it worth to keep on this way?

Cheers
    Martin

Yes it is --and where did get the Voisin and the Baby?!!
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Hello Kurt

The Sopwith Baby and the Voisin 3 are Stephen Wroble's, made for First Eagles and converted to CFS2 with his permission, to come soon

Cheers
    Martin

Martin,
    The map display is fantastic, really like that ability. Did you build the gauge from the xml or is it using the inbuilt map facility?

Cheers

Shessi

THAT looks nice! Count me in for the download :-).

hertzie.

Library Staff
    There are a few more of Stephen Wroble's WW1 aircraft soon to be released as well. They will be equipped with Martin's fantastic map gauge.
    Last edited by kdriver; March 22nd, 2024 at 07:53.

Shessi,
    The gauge uses a macro similar to the XML gauge code, MAKE_MOVING, a card moves under a mask and only the part behind the mask is visible, the sim tells the macro how to move the card via the variables PLANE_LATITUDE and PLANE_LONGITUDE, for the map to be at the relevant place in the mask's center. Finally the little blue plane uses the macro MAKE_NEEDLE to indicate the plane's heading.
    The actual gauge weighs 96 Mo, and covers an area from Dunkerque, all the Belgian coast, up to Lille on south, about half size of what I would want, I would enjoy to go up to Saint Quentin and Amiens on south, there is most probably a limit on what is possible, but I don't know it for now.

Kevin,
    This gauge is a long time project, good idea to fit all our planes with it, but I don't know when it will be done, and if I'll have enough motivation to spend months to go to the end.
    If somebody wants to give a hand to the necessary re-shape and re-size of each map, he is welcome!

Cheers
    Martin

Now there are some strange looking birds! I'm getting an education.
    Thanks.

Library Staff
    Here are some more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sopwith Baby HMAS Brisbane 2.jpg   DH5_15_03.jpg   Rumpler 6B1.jpg   Rumpler C.I.jpg   Voisin III Russian.jpg   Sopwith Baby Hornsea.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 59