Wide screen monitors?

Thread: Wide screen monitors?

Wide screen monitors?

I'm geting back into FSX after a couple years absense. I have the opportunity to get a new curved screen monitor at a good price. Will it work with FSX and Window 10? My video card is mid-range and about five years old.

I have a curved monitor (38"), bought it for MSFS 2020, which I didn't like, so went back to FS9 and FSX and wished that I had never sold my old flat 23" monitor. I fly FS9, FSX, CFS2 etc. in a 23" screen on my 38" monitor with big black "panels" on both side. And for ME it still feels different from the "old" flying on the 23" flat monitor.

So MY advice: don't buy it.

hertzie.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    I'm geting back into FSX after a couple years absense. I have the opportunity to get a new curved screen monitor at a good price. Will it work with FSX and Window 10? My video card is mid-range and about five years old.
    There's no reason why it wouldn't work, but whether it will be satisfactory is another question! A 16:9 ratio is always going to be better in my opinion, generally with a head tracker for best results.
    MarkH

Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I got the monitor...

.... and it is a huge improvement over the former flat screen, IMHO. Color rendition and the cockpit is now close to life size (32") for GA aircraft. Head tracker would be great. I'm so relieved that my mediocre computer got a big upgrade without a big investment or loss of any performance. It also renewed my interest insimming, which had been doermant for over a year.

Members who have read this thread: 62