KNGZ NAS Alameda - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KNGZ NAS Alameda

Big Thanks

Hi Mike71,

I always welcome your real world input and always learn something new. I finished the tetrahedron today, but only the base is showing up at a test airport. I am going over to FSDevelopers and post my mdl and the xml and see what is going on with it. I thought I caught it with a syntax error but no such luck.

Divine Inspiration

I had a very wise pastor some years ago who gave gifts to all the congregation of a small stained glass ornament that says "LET GO AND LET GOD". If I took that advice more often instead of trying to do it myself and failing no matter what it was, (Like the infamous tetrahedron) I might get results a lot sooner and not get so frustrated. I will be going and cancelling my post at FSDevelopers that hasn't gotten any responses after I post this. When I just opened up my mind after asking for help from HIM, here is the result from a simple syntax error that I kept not catching. This is not KNGZ but 60J my home airport that I used for testing. It follows the wind too.

Members +
    Nice....
    Well done.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Now That This Works

Now that finally the mystery has been solved for me I will be placing this in the proper location on KNGZ where I have it shown and sharing the SODE files.

I am glad you had your eureka moment. This will make KNGZ more interesting to fly to and out from. The tetrahedrons look great.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I had a very wise pastor some years ago who gave gifts to all the congregation of a small stained glass ornament that says "LET GO AND LET GOD". If I took that advice more often instead of trying to do it myself and failing no matter what it was, (Like the infamous tetrahedron) I might get results a lot sooner and not get so frustrated. I will be going and cancelling my post at FSDevelopers that hasn't gotten any responses after I post this. When I just opened up my mind after asking for help from HIM, here is the result from a simple syntax error that I kept not catching. This is not KNGZ but 60J my home airport that I used for testing. It follows the wind too.

The End Of This Thread For Me

Here are the files for you to add to your 12bpilot SimObject and XML to have the elusive tetrhedron to be in its location at KINGZ NAS Alameda according to the 1967 runway and taxiway diagram that I was furnished by the NAS Alameda Museum curator. Enjoy. The question will never be finally answered if it followed the wind OR was positioned according to the wind to indicate the landing direction since it doesn't seem that anyone who used it has commented. Only Mike71 whose opinion I highly respect said they were positioned but since that is not possible to do in a simulator it follows the wind.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rvorb...EDRON.zip/file

Thanks Richard, it works in P3D V5.4 - the only one I assume. It does follow wind direction changes.

Good News

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Thanks Richard, it works in P3D V5.4 - the only one I assume. It does follow wind direction changes.

Finally, right? God bless your Easter...He is risen, He is risen, indeed.

Richard

FLOLS at Alameda

Since I received that 1967 runway/taxiway diagram from Alan one of the curators at the NAS Alameda Museum, as you know above I created and placed with SODE the tetrahedron and now I have been able with a download of an independent FLOLS trailer from Sylvain Parouty of the RFN website I downloaded at Flyawaysim. His instructions are how to use it in AI Carriers, but since it was an mdl I figured I would try and place it with SODE which I was able to do after some trial and error to get it accurately placed with the lat/long and the "heading" in a SODE xml. I am also including a new bgl for the base which I discovered was not accurately placed not having all the information I now do eight years later.
    There is a README in the folder after you unzip it. I haven't tried it out yet with vLSO which you have to have saved the latest version since to my knowledge it is no longer online to download. I have his email somewhere which I used for help with the program and will try to email him to share vLSO here in the Warbirds library and hope some "idiot" didn't make him leave simming like has happened so often in the past. I will open up a new thread if he answers me and agrees. HELP ME PRAY THAT IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED 🙏

No More vLSO Blog

I hate it when websites are mucked up! Asking for help here. Anyone here if you are a member of the FSDT unofficial TacPac forum, PADDLES is over there. I tried to send him a PM and the dumb forum won't let me log in with my username and password. BUT when I think maybe they dropped me because I haven't been there in awhile, the forum tells me my username and email are already registered. I asked for a password reset and it tells me it has sent me an email link to reset it BUT again BUT no email has been forthcoming. See if you can PM PADDLES and ask him to put a link to vLSO in our library or where can it be downloaded with the blog now gone.

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/in...board,4.0.html

I Found The Address

I found the email address in my archives for Serge Lurzin who is "fsxnavypilot" PADDLES the creator of vLSO and send him an email last night which was returned undeliverable this morning. Also I NEVER got a password reset from FSDT Unofficial Forum Tacpac though I tried three times again yesterday. If anyone knows any other way to contact him for permission to share vLSO reach out to him for permission to share vLSO here in the Warbirds Library.

I did a members search here and found "fsxnavypilot" is a member and just sent him a Private Message. Let's hope he is still around and will agree.
    Last edited by tgycgijoes; April 4th, 2024 at 08:07.

FLOLS Trailer at NAS Alameda

Yesterday with Divine guidance I was able to fix the SODE successfully and according to the Runway Taxiway diagram furnished by Alan at the NAS Alameda Museum, at the beginning of Runway 31 is the LSO/FLOLS trailer. Since I was able to download it exclusive of the FCLP by Slivain Paroty of RFN I was able to create a SODE xml code for it. I had to correct the latitude and Longitude of KNGZ from what I had created back in 2016 so here are two downloads: first replace the scenery folder with the new one created in ADEx. Second, install the SODE_FLOLS into your SODE folders simobjects and xml. If you haven't done this before there is a README explaining how. I haven't tested this yet so if anyone is going to do any FCLP at NAS Alameda let me know how it works.

scenery folder: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j3g1l...enery.zip/file

FLOLS trailer: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j3g1...jhjizvd/shared

Question: Is there any appreciable difference from the scenery files of last few months and this new one? In other words, you corrected the long/lat coordinates in this new scenery to accommodate the FLOLS?
    If I did not want the FLOLS do I still need to redownload this scenery update?

Yesterday with Divine guidance I was able to fix the SODE successfully and according to the Runway Taxiway diagram furnished by Alan at the NAS Alameda Museum, at the beginning of Runway 31 is the LSO/FLOLS trailer. Since I was able to download it exclusive of the FCLP by Slivain Paroty of RFN I was able to create a SODE xml code for it. I had to correct the latitude and Longitude of KNGZ from what I had created back in 2016 so here are two downloads: first replace the scenery folder with the new one created in ADEx. Second, install the SODE_FLOLS into your SODE folders simobjects and xml. If you haven't done this before there is a README explaining how. I haven't tested this yet so if anyone is going to do any FCLP at NAS Alameda let me know how it works.

scenery folder: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j3g1l...enery.zip/file

FLOLS trailer: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j3g1...jhjizvd/shared

Answer

Question: Is there any appreciable difference from the scenery files of last few months and this new one? In other words, you corrected the long/lat coordinates in this new scenery to accommodate the FLOLS?
    If I did not want the FLOLS do I still need to redownload this scenery update?
    I would say yes, because it updates the actual location of the airport instead of the default location of it in FSX or P3D which just IMO mimicked old FSX coordinates for default airports. Besides, in the new sims even in FSX, it is the closed NGZ NOT KNGZ. We didn't know any better back then and just trusted the ACEs team to create exact, accurate locations which was not the case in many instances. Again LM bought the undeveloped Microsoft professional simulator ESP and went from there. I know that a lot has changed since then with version 4, 5 and now 6 but in every airport I have created in the past few years I always used the Airnav coordinates and runway information to be as up to date as I could be.

So just replace the two old bgls with the two new ones in your zip file?

I would say yes, because it updates the actual location of the airport instead of the default location of it in FSX or P3D which just IMO mimicked old FSX coordinates for default airports. Besides, in the new sims even in FSX, it is the closed NGZ NOT KNGZ. We didn't know any better back then and just trusted the ACEs team to create exact, accurate locations which was not the case in many instances. Again LM bought the undeveloped Microsoft professional simulator ESP and went from there. I know that a lot has changed since then with version 4, 5 and now 6 but in every airport I have created in the past few years I always used the Airnav coordinates and runway information to be as up to date as I could be.

Replace Them

So just replace the two old bgls with the two new ones in your zip file?
    Yes and all is good.

I guess We're Done

I guess that this has again come to a close. NAS Alameda is again put away. If anyone has any comments or questions please send me a Private Message. I won't be visiting this thread any longer. I hope that you enjoy it. Simulloyd and I are really pleased that it got a new group of interested sim flyers as well a few off the ol' timers like us. Keep the blue side up!

Members who have read this thread: 126