AW Ki-61.zip - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AW Ki-61.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Just so you know there seems to be a bug with one of the textures zip file for the Ki-61-I in the library, the AW Ki-61_texture.78SQ_NOV43.zip has been "replaced" with the AW_Ki-61-II_texture.17SQ_OCT44.zip, between the AW Ki-61_texture.78SQ_FEB44.zip and AW Ki-61_texture.Akeno_MAR44.zip. When you download the file it has the right name but the wrong files, and in the library it appears as AW_Ki-61-II_texture.17SQ_OCT44.zip.
    I saw that this morning. It has been updated with the correct file and photo. The first paint scheme for Ki-61-II (AW Ki-61-II_texture.17SQ_OCT44) was swapped with the Aw Ki-61_texture.78SQ_NOV43.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Andrew and John, thanks again for these wonderful planes!
    Btw, the paint that you decided not to upload also looks great, I would say it is definitely worth uploading!

What can I say. A multitude of riches. Many thanks. Am sitting on the edge of my chair with my mouse awaiting the opportunity to click the download icon on those Ki-100's next week.
    Ken

AW Ki-61-II_texture.22.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - Japanese

Description: AW Ki-61-II Late Texture files: paint scheme by acwai (using UncleTgt's template).

DISCLAIMER

Use this program at you own risks, the author is not responsible for any damages done
    to your computer.

This is a copyrighted freeware program. FREE DISTRIBUTION ONLY.

Have fun!

Andrew

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AW Ki-61-II_texture.22.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Another nice paint scheme, thanks

SOH-CM-2024
    Wow...
    This whole set looks simply gorgeous in every sim I've loaded them in! These are up there with the best Tonys available, pay or free!
    Nice job! Looking forward to the Ki-100...
    -Mike Z.

I have this little thing happening when I am in the default zoom or when I zoom out in some angles, the cockpit interior and the exhaust stacks disappear. Does/did something like that ever happen to some of you guys? I have this kind of things sometimes with some other planes as well but I am thinking it is more something with my laptop/graphics card/etc. When I zoom in everything's fine so it's more curiosity than anything
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACwai Ki-61-II pilot and exhaust.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	93593

To end this post in a more "positive/normal" note I really love those planes, the different paint schemes are just so good
    I am also really excited for the Ki-100 as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    I have this little thing happening when I am in the default zoom or when I zoom out in some angles, the cockpit interior and the exhaust stacks disappear. Does/did something like that ever happen to some of you guys? I have this kind of things sometimes with some other planes as well but I am thinking it is more something with my laptop/graphics card/etc. When I zoom in everything's fine so it's more curiosity than anything
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACwai Ki-61-II pilot and exhaust.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	93593

To end this post in a more "positive/normal" note I really love those planes, the different paint schemes are just so good
    I am also really excited for the Ki-100 as well

What you are seeing is the 2nd MLOD model. This is a stripped down version of the main model. This is done to keep the frame rate up when you are fighting in a huge battle with lots of planes in the sky. If you pay attention, the pilot disappears too.

This model has exceeded the polygon limit of the CFS2 program. I had to remove a lot of parts from the model in the VC, 2nd, and 3rd MLOD models. The VC does not have any landing gears, engine exhausts, elevators and a whole bunch of other parts that you can not see when you are inside the cockpit.

If you change the eye point in the aircraft.cfg file, your view can be set to outside the aircraft (i.e. change 0.0 to 5.0). You will see the aircraft without elevators.

[Views]
    eyepoint=-3.05,0.00,2.63

This is the 3rd MLOD model, this model is activated when the whole aircraft is displayed as 1 meter = 2 pixels, the whole aircraft is only 24 pixels wide. It has 14 parts and 227 polygons. The main model has 437 parts and 18619 polygons. The second MLOD is displayed as 1 meter = 10 pixels, or 120 pixels wide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3rd mlod.JPG  

Oh okay, thanks for the explanation. Damn, I never thought a plane would have this complexity. Even more respect and gratitude for all the creators of new content for CFS2, thank you guys.

Members who have read this thread: 87