Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Flap control

Thread: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Flap control

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Flap control

Hi All

I have raised this issue in the past but wondered if anyone has an update please.

The HOTAS Warthog Throttle unit has a Flap control lever with 3 stages of marked settings:

UP
    MVR
    DOWN

The issue with MSFS is that when it is bound to "Increase Flap" or "Reduce flap" this control only seems to effect full up or full down positions.

I wondered if anyone has found a way to bind the flaps to allow the full range of flap settings.

Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    Hi All

I have raised this issue in the past but wondered if anyone has an update please.

The HOTAS Warthog Throttle unit has a Flap control lever with 3 stages of marked settings:

UP
    MVR
    DOWN

The issue with MSFS is that when it is bound to "Increase Flap" or "Reduce flap" this control only seems to effect full up or full down positions.

I wondered if anyone has found a way to bind the flaps to allow the full range of flap settings.

Cheers
    Richard
    I have it set like this: center works as nothing, up - up 1 stage, like F6, down - down 1 stage, like F7. No issue.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I have it set like this: center works as nothing, up - up 1 stage, like F6, down - down 1 stage, like F7. No issue.
    I do exactly this as well, even though DCS has the setup to have a 3 way switch set as "on/else off" which allows for that kind of thing
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Thanks for input chaps.

Using the method you both advocate are you able to select intermediate flap positions?

When I use your method for the 22/23 Flap selector switch the only way the up/down bind will "take" is if you switch back to the MVR position then click validate.

When 22/23 are bound with the increase flap/decrease flap command the only way they operate is to motor the flaps to full down or full up?

So far on the Warthog throttle the only way I can get full control of the flaps is to use the red 2-way 11/12 switch. Doing this allows me to move the flaps up and down in increments. Not ideal as this is not the actual flap lever on the throttle (!) and the red switch is in an awkward place on the side of the throttle and does not fall naturally to my hand position.

Blog Entries
    I assign it through FSUIPC or AOA. The forward/up position is FLAPS UP ( when pressed) and FLAPS INC (when released). The middle position is not a switch, so it is nothing. The downward position is FLAPS DOWN (when pressed) and FLAPS DEC (when released). This gives me flaps UP, T/O and Down. In DCS I will sometimes assing the forward/up position to AUTO.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Thanks John - so it seems like a 3rd party programme is actually required to allow the flap leaver to work properly.

I'll stick with my red button for now.

Members who have read this thread: 51