Modifying aircraft.cfg file for V35 Bonanza?

Thread: Modifying aircraft.cfg file for V35 Bonanza?

Modifying aircraft.cfg file for V35 Bonanza?

I'm trying to remove the "Microsoft-aircraft-v35-bonanza" (Carenado) "xbox" and "xboxaviators" liveries from displaying as options in MSFS. I found the "microsoft-aircraft-v35-bonanza" in the OneStore folder and deleted the textures in it, but can't seem to locate the aircraft.cfg file for it. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Cheers,
    Dave

The aircraft.cfg for marketplace addons such as this are encrypted and unavailable for public access.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    I'm trying to remove the "Microsoft-aircraft-v35-bonanza" (Carenado) "xbox" and "xboxaviators" liveries from displaying as options in MSFS. I found the "microsoft-aircraft-v35-bonanza" in the OneStore folder and deleted the textures in it, but can't seem to locate the aircraft.cfg file for it. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Marketplace packages (even freeware ones) have key files like the aircraft.cfg encrypted and therefore uneditable. Sadly you are likely stuck unless you do some very technical stuff to recreate the aircraft.cfg and then modify it as you like.

Thanks for the responses - much appreciated. Guess I'll live with it as is.
    I wonder what the point of encrypting the aircraft.cfg is?
    Cheers,
    Dave

I'm pretty sure encrypting those files is a way to make the addon harder to pirate.

You can delete them in the content manager.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    You can delete them in the content manager.

Priller
    Tried that, but it doesn't separate out the different paint schemes for the V35 like it does for "default" Asobo aircraft (at least for me it didn't). Doesn't work for the Bell 47J either.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    I'm pretty sure encrypting those files is a way to make the addon harder to pirate.
    Ahh, guess that makes sense. Kinda stinks though (both the pirating, and not being able to modify an aircraft.cfg as a result).
    Cheers,
    Dave

Members who have read this thread: 63