An old friend

Thread: An old friend

An old friend

Sometimes it tough to say good bye,but the time has come.

I sold our boat after 20 years.We very rarely use it anymore since my children grew up.The last time I sailed it was during the fires at Lahaina to the other side of the Island,it's still there.

Some of the new members don't know we had many adventures sailing it to Fiji,Samoa,Cook Islands and Tahiti.Talon used to talk about it many times in this forum and how we'd go away for months during the summer.

Even after 20 years the boat is still in excellent condition as we took great care of it.We always updated everything every couple of years so we had the latest Radar,sonar and computers.

Some pics,

Hiede
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boat.jpg   Salon.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    Sometimes it tough to say good bye,but the time has come.

I sold our boat after 20 years.We very rarely use it anymore since my children grew up.The last time I sailed it was during the fires at Lahaina to the other side of the Island,it's still there.

Some of the new members don't know we had many adventures sailing it to Fiji,Samoa,Cook Islands and Tahiti.Talon used to talk about it many times in this forum and how we'd go away for months during the summer.

Even after 20 years the boat is still in excellent condition as we took great care of it.We always updated everything every couple of years so we had the latest Radar,sonar and computers.

Some pics,

Hiede
    Wow!........

A sad day when we realize we must walk away. I think I miss sailing more than flying. The old days.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Yeah, I miss the old days sailing around the bay in a Cal 20. When we were docked at the Berkeley Marina, when the boat was secured we would head over to
    Restaurant/Bar and have a hot buttered rum.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Still have a boat that's 50 ft and I still fly.

Hiede

I love sail boats. Thanks for sharing your photos. I hope you can post some photo of you at the captain seat. I would like to see what type of instruments are used in these sail boats.

Quote Originally Posted by AcWai View Post
    I love sail boats. Thanks for sharing your photos. I hope you can post some photo of you at the captain seat. I would like to see what type of instruments are used in these sail boats.
    It's 100 ft boat and sleeps 12.As for the instruments,I have to look to see if I have any pics.Most people are more interested in sleeping quarters,dining area and where we relax and party a little.

Like I said it had new radar and sonar installed within the last 2 years and kept up with the computers ( 4 ).We could also make fresh water.With sails we usually did about 10 knots sometimes a little more.With the engines it was a little faster.

Hiede

Cool

WOW, that's a SHIP! What a beautiful sailboat, Hiede. I grew up in Miami, and had sailed for years there, although, only on 21' and 28' "dingies" LOL. Most of our sailing was around Miami and the Keys, and Bimini and the Dry Tortugas.

When me and my dad worked at Racal-Milgo in Miami, they had a club with about 50 members, the Racal-Milgo Sailing Club... I still have our old "R-MSC" banner

My buddy (who also plays CFS2), has more recently owned several sailboats (and sailed with us on ours back when we were in high school in Miami), and lived on a few of them when he was in St. Pete/Tampa. His largest was the "Red Red Wine", 42' IIRC.

Anyhow, I LOVES ME SOME sailing

Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    It's 100 ft boat and sleeps 12.As for the instruments,I have to look to see if I have any pics.Most people are more interested in sleeping quarters,dining area and where we relax and party a little.

Like I said it had new radar and sonar installed within the last 2 years and kept up with the computers ( 4 ).We could also make fresh water.With sails we usually did about 10 knots sometimes a little more.With the engines it was a little faster.

Hiede
    I hope you can find some photos of the radar. I would like to see the instrument panel.

Members who have read this thread: 89