Have 40th Anniversary - where is the Cessna Longitude?

Thread: Have 40th Anniversary - where is the Cessna Longitude?

Blog Entries

Have 40th Anniversary - where is the Cessna Longitude?

Forgive the noob question ....

I purchased the 40th Anniversary edition, which includes the Cessna Longitude. In the content manager, I see it - but not in the hangar. I even deleted it from the CM, then reinstalled it - all the liveries. The CM states that it's there, but still not in the selection.

Any ideas why, and how to fix this?

thanks!

dl

The Longitude is only available in the Premium Deluxe version, but I would expect that to apply to the liveries as well.

Delta_Lima, welcome to the other side.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    The Longitude is only available in the Premium Deluxe version, but I would expect that to apply to the liveries as well.

But the literature states the 40th anniversary edition comes with the Longitude. And furthermore, it's in the Content Manager - and I've downloaded it. My assumption in the case of the latter is that I couldn't have downloaded it had my version not included it.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    But the literature states the 40th anniversary edition comes with the Longitude. And furthermore, it's in the Content Manager - and I've downloaded it. My assumption in the case of the latter is that I couldn't have downloaded it had my version not included it.
    Yes that's what I'd have thought too. Are you sure you have the Premium Deluxe version of the sim, which also has the B787, SR22, Pipistrel and Shock Ultra?

Blog Entries
    Yes that's what I'd have thought too. Are you sure you have the Premium Deluxe version of the sim, which also has the B787, SR22, Pipistrel and Shock Ultra?

Thx. I do not. I have this:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...rsary_Edition/

What I have is the 40th Anniversary - as I understand, a subversion of the standard flavour, not the the Premium. I don't have those other planes you mention in the hangar either, FWIW. While I'm not fussed about those, I'm more focused on the missing Cessna Longitude, and the missing C172 classic (I have the C172 G1000versions).

When I purchased it, it was the only "base" flavour there was on Steam - I wanted the cheapest entry into MSFS, primarily as an experiment to see if I'd like it over P3D. The gorgeous graphics and fluid performance have only barely offset how frustrating it's been to configure, and the loss of key addons / capabilities I used a lot in P3D, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

thx!

dl

I wanted the cheapest entry into MSFS, primarily as an experiment to see if I'd like it over P3D.
    Very wise! However, what you have is the 40th Anniversary Standard Edition which doesn't include the planes you most want.
    The bad news is that the 'upgrade' to Deluxe or Premium Deluxe is full price as though you were buying from new, which sucks to high heaven.
    None of us can understand why they charge full price when you've already paid for the Standard version.

Blog Entries
    Very wise! However, what you have is the 40th Anniversary Standard Edition which doesn't include the planes you most want.
    The bad news is that the 'upgrade' to Deluxe or Premium Deluxe is full price as though you were buying from new, which sucks to high heaven.
    None of us can understand why they charge full price when you've already paid for the Standard version.
    That sucks indeed - a upgrade differential would have made more sense. I'd rather spend that on a bonafide addon. Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks,

dl

ps - when I'm back in front of the pc, I'll check - maybe I can buy the plane on the MS Marketplace?

I think your only option is to buy the upgrade for your sim - to premium deluxe, from standard - until someone builds a 3rd party Longitude
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

That sucks indeed - a upgrade differential would have made more sense. I'd rather spend that on a bonafide addon. Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks,

dl

ps - when I'm back in front of the pc, I'll check - maybe I can buy the plane on the MS Marketplace?
    Thankfully FXF is making an original C750 and the newer X+ (with the G5000 suite)

So basically an even nicer Longitude hehe.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Meanwhile, if you're interested in a really nice biz-jet, check out the "HJet" in the Marketplace. It's the Hondajet HA420, just without the Honda name due to licensing. The real thing is single-pilot rated, so it's super easy to fly.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Blog Entries
    Thanks all.

My interest in the Longitude is based on how long I’ve looked forward to there being a NASA Shuttle Training Aircraft (SCA) and the Longitude - with a readily available repaint on flightsim.to - was the closest to the real life Gulfstream II.

At least there’s a NASA CJ4 I can use. And a few other NASA repaints for other airframes. The SCA hunt will continue later.

Thanks!

Thanks,

dl

Please just keep in mind, MSFS 2024 is (hopefully) only a few months away. Most likely August release date if history is correct.
    It will be a brand new sim engine and not a free update to 2020.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Members who have read this thread: 113