River barge question.....

Thread: River barge question.....

River barge question.....

..... with the proliferation of replacement ships ( THANKS Stuart , et. al ) I was wondering if any were done for the ETO. I was watching some films lately and they were of strafing of the Rhine River barge traffic and those appear different than those that have been done for the PTO. Can anyone guide me on this or which one of Stuarts, or others, barges suffice.
    TIA

Those river barges are sometimes selfpropelled, if not, they are towed with a tug. Mybe you can serch yourself, I looked for "ww2 rhein flussschiff 1940" or "Rhine river barge"

Deutschland hafen duisburg Schwarzweiß-Stockfotos und -bilder - Alamy
    Fotoreise durch den größten Binnenhafen Europas in Duisburg (waz.de)
    Die Binnenschiffe – Heimatverein Haren – Ems e.V (heimatverein-haren.de)
    Here is a site and top view plan of a more modern ship, but the design over all didn't much change: technik-002.jpg (1536×968) (ddr-binnenschifffahrt.de)
    Diverse Binnenschiffe (der-lustige-modellbauer.com)
    Altes Binnenschiff | Jordbergkirche
    WDR Retro ∙ Hier und heute: Mehr Schiffskollisionen auf dem Rhein? | ARD Mediathek
    Rhine river barge 'Helena' - Artitecshop

I Hope those links's work for you

wolfi

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Wolfi.....

....Thanks for the reply and info. Gives me a idea what to look for. I do remember seeing something like this on the Danube recently, except a lot smaller. I guess one could use Stuarts Merchant barges 01 and such and some PSK tugs for the unpowered ones. Will look around for more possibilities for the self-propelled.

Members who have read this thread: 52