Miltech Simulations CH-47 Released (Mar 8)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miltech Simulations CH-47 Released (Mar 8)

Miltech Simulations CH-47 Released (Mar 8)

https://miltechsimulations.com/ Price, I believe, will be $35

ch474_feb1e971-8901-4bf0-b2c3-00de025e6512 by retnavycpo, on Flickr

Mod Edit - Purchase page Link: https://miltechsimulations.com/produ...ulations-ch47d - $35.99 USD
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; March 8th, 2024 at 06:04.

Blog Entries
    That is a long lived and versatile workhorse.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

It’s insane that they are still making them.

Just bought. So excited that it is finally released! Will report back later. NC

I only did a quick test of this model, but a very impressed! First off, the sound (to me at least) is spot on perfect! The helo handles wonderfully, especially hovering. Easy. NC

Not dived in yet - waiting for some more reviews. However... my first reaction to the external and internal modelling (on screen) is that in doesn't quite feel right - certainly the textures are nowhere near photorealistic in either case but I can't quite put my finger on why overall it hasn't grabbed me so far.

Maybe, once the re-painters get busy, things will look up.

Too early to judge and impressions are third hand too.

Lets see where it takes us.

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    Not dived in yet - waiting for some more reviews. However... my first reaction to the external and internal modelling (on screen) is that in doesn't quite feel right - certainly the textures are nowhere near photorealistic in either case but I can't quite put my finger on why overall it hasn't grabbed me so far.

Maybe, once the re-painters get busy, things will look up.

Too early to judge and impressions are third hand too.

Lets see where it takes us.
    I agree with you about the paints, but I have a feeling that will get resolved quick. NC

Looks really cool. Crew Chief 3-6 just did a video on the CH-47. If you haven't seen his YouTube channel, it's pretty good. He has an awesome setup!

link...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Hm...list=WL&index=
    Last edited by DaveKDEN; March 8th, 2024 at 20:02.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Can I hide the tablet and GPS too? Is it possible?

Edit: answer from Miltech - "GPS is hidden by default, can be enabled on the Tablet. Tablet can be hidden by clicking on the left side". So, great!
    Last edited by YoYo; March 8th, 2024 at 23:13.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

No thx, for me its a bad presentation. I see half of room near all the time with distorted perspective (fish eye), not the sim from the monitor. Maybe for 30 sec could be ok, but not the whole movie. :/

Btw. this review is better I suppose for monitor users https://youtu.be/8i9nX2Rz5cw?si=5Ztb1BWSILdGA0mr.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

A minor detail but the main rotor blades would be great to hang more down like the real one. Exept for this, it looks like a great helicopter addon.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    A minor detail but the main rotor blades would be great to hang more down like the real one. Exept for this, it looks like a great helicopter addon.
    Yep, and it has many nice features. I will wait for the ORBX version, until then there may be a patch, I have something to fly at the moment, but I will definitely take it. Seems great.

Nice video, very well done!👍

+ 1 !

Not drawn my cc yet. First we want Miltech to tie up a few loose ends and a.o. get rid of those highly inaccurate and unrealistic looking fighter pilots flying this machine. Also we'd like to see a crew member at the correct position and preferably communicate with the pilot to aid him/her to deliver the goods at the perfect spot. We mean they went the extra mile to have their excellent Chinook model deliver stuff in the first place so why not finish it up and do it right, right ?

So we'd like to see these two USAF flyboys (a chopper jockey doesn't need no stinking O2 mask in the first place, does he) :

quickly replaced by anything like this :

Btw, this is the Gentex HGU-56P Rotary Wing Aircrew Ballistic Helmet (ABH) System which includes accesoires like visor kits, communication systems, night vision goggle mounts and laser protective eyewear. (there can be no doubt that the designer is a true fan of Star Wars... Or it's the other way around and Gentex hired the Star Wars prop maker to design their HGU-56P... )

In ending, these are from FSX, maybe we could have them in MSFS as well despite the aerial refueling probe (if that's what it is ?....) (also notice the crew member at the window..)

Just waiting on the Orbx set for purchase, but really nice job from Miltech sims. Glad the roap-map is also on the site to show what's coming in SU15, so I hope for a special ops MH version as well (which is the probe on the front of the Area 51 model). O2 for Army helo crews is a nasal cannula style set up, but agree we need some proper helo helmet avatars. Any one see if the H-47 floats yet?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    + 1 !

I saw these pilots, unfortunately it doesn't look good. These are MSFS Avatars of jet fighter pilots, not helicopters. In general, it is very weak that in MSFS you cannot choose various classes of pilots, not just skin color and jacket, shirt. It's a bit of a shame since it sold so many millions of copies of MSFS.
    I guess some civilian clothes are even better than a jet pilot: https://www.got-friends.com/collections/avitars.

Very interesting! Pic of the real thing!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-11 10.06.19 AM.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	170.4 KB 
ID:	93413
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

You could use these I suppose, The Italian pilots from the Sim Skunk Work SF 260

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I guess some civilian clothes are even better than a jet pilot: https://www.got-friends.com/collections/avitars.

Yes, maybe we've Got Friends and they'll help us out with some specific helo drivers. An abundage of MSFS helicopters waiting, both military and civilian. I do like their WWII pilots a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Very interesting! Pic of the real thing!
    Helo there Mr.Zippy, you didn't think my photos are WIP shots of a soon to be released brand new Helicopter Sim, did you ?...

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    You could use these I suppose, The Italian pilots from the Sim Skunk Work SF 260
    A lot better, however if its a part for SF260 it's a pity, they could sell these models separately.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    A lot better, however if its a part for SF260 it's a pity, they could sell these models separately.
    You can use them as any military pilot you want. You just select them in the misc options menu.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    You can use them as any military pilot you want. You just select them in the misc options menu.

Priller

Hi, but no, they are a part of payware SSW SF260, not a part of MSFS for all so I cant take them from MISC like the rest.

We are talking here about a pilot 3D model more suited to a helicopter, not of jet fighter with an Oxygen mask on.
    Last edited by YoYo; March 11th, 2024 at 15:06.

That would indeed fit our gallant Chinook pilots much better than a fighter pilot's HGU-55/P and MBU-23/P O2 mask like is currently the case but it shows the HGU-55/E designed by Gentex for GA, Aerobatic, Antique, Warbirds and Agriculture use. So it's still not what we're looking for regarding the Chinook pilots at hand.

Forerunner of the HGU-56P is the Gentex SPH-3, -4 and -5 Army- and Navy Rotary Wing Flight Helmets. SPH-3 and -4 f.i. have been used heavely as the standard flight helmets used by Chinook- and other helo crew during the Vietnam conflict.

Gentex SPH-4 :

I believe the difference between the Gentex HGU-55/E as worn by the SF260 pilots and Gentex SPH-4 does not need further explanation, right ?..

This concludes my short lecture on fixed wing pilots'- versus rotary wing pilots' head gear. The rest is up to Miltech or maybe we've Got Friends. Who knows..

Edit: Uh-Oh.... just read that Miltech is working on its U2 to be released 'sometime this year'... That'll probabely mean no time to bother about such trivial stuff as a pilot figure... Hasta la vista, baby..
    Last edited by Javis; March 11th, 2024 at 20:25.

Members who have read this thread: 209