Animation Question

Thread: Animation Question

Hybrid View

Question Animation Question

David asked me to ask this question because he thinks I can write more clearly. I dunno about that, but here goes:

The VC on our current project has throttles, but they don't work with the mouse. They respond to input from the keyboard or the throttle on the joystick (or yoke) but they won't move for the mouse.

This hasn't come up before because our previous projects either didn't have throttles in the VC, or they were down low and off to the side so far that they were hardly noticeable and you wouldn't want to look down like that while flying the plane. On the current plane the throttles are located where you'll see them and might want to work them with your mouse.

Can someone explain how to animate throttles in a VC so they can be moved by mouse?

In Model converter X its done by setting the Mouse Rectangle in the Object Hierarchy Editor.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

I mght be wrong.... but I did'nt think converter x added or exported animations?!

I'd normally go the scasm route and hack it in... works but i had to get somebody to make the bgl and/mdl.

Are you building this aircraft from scratch using one of the legacy modeling programs (GMAX, FSDS, etc.) or are you trying to convert an existing model to FS2004 status? The methodology could be different depending on the modeling tools used.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    Are you building this aircraft from scratch using one of the legacy modeling programs (GMAX, FSDS, etc.) or are you trying to convert an existing model to FS2004 status? The methodology could be different depending on the modeling tools used.
    I am building the aircraft from scratch using FSDS I hope you can give me some guidance

David

First off I am NOT an FSDS guy as all my modelling time was spent in GMAX/3DS MAX for FSX or Blender v1.0 way back when. I did some digging around and found some references that might be useful but if you have a copy of the FS2004 SDK it should tell you in there how to accomplish your goals. Basically what you need is the part with a suitable 'gizmo/spinner' location, the 'canned' animation name (basically the correct part name so that the canned animation can be assigned to it) and the number of frames it will be animated over. You will also need a 'mouse rectangle' on the part so that the user can mouse-click the part and move it in the VC. Here are a couple of links to info I found:

https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...p/t-20520.html
    https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...sds-3-5.75183/
    Larry

Members who have read this thread: 1