Flight Control Stick

Thread: Flight Control Stick

Flight Control Stick

Any thoughts on a reasonably priced flight stick?

Recommendations appreciated.
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Stick

I have a ThrustMaster TFlight X seems ok to me. Sounds like someone is motivated.....

I loved my Logitech 3D Pro. Low cost and crisp movement, and mine lasted over a decade.

Ditto the Logitech 3D Pro, a good stick which I've used a lot and it's lasted for years. Every now and again I've used Q20 to clean the potentiometers when an axis is unresponsive, and then it's as good as new.

Thanks folks for the info, went with the Logitech.

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    Sounds like someone is motivated.....
    Stay tuned, there may be news soon.
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Quote Originally Posted by rince33 View Post
    Ditto the Logitech 3D Pro, a good stick which I've used a lot and it's lasted for years. Every now and again I've used Q20 to clean the potentiometers when an axis is unresponsive, and then it's as good as new.
    I agree with the 3D Pro. I have had 3 of them over a 28 year period. Only needed to replace one when the cat knocked my coffee cup over into it, fell on the floor and broke some plastic. 2nd time lost in a move, bought a new one.

I really love my VKB Gladiator NXT. Very versatile with lots of buttons to program. I pair it with a Thrustmaster TWCS throttle and control both with Joystick Gremlin. The Gladiator has a few LED lights and I wrote a Gremlin plugin (available via GitHub) to match up controls and LEDs so I can get feedback that my gear is down or my air breaks are open. VKB has a new line of throttles but I haven't felt the need to drop my TWCS yet.Gladiator NXT

Members who have read this thread: 30