High end HOTAS users... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High end HOTAS users...

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Dave,
    I've had the TB Flightdeck for two weeks. I had a little problem with the stick when I first set it up (my fault I believe) and contacted TB support. They got back to me in a little over 24 hours with a fix. There is certainly quite a lot you can do with all the bells & whistles.
    About the trim - I found that the trim wheel is not a dial. Scrolling the wheel up actuates one switch and scrolling down actuates another. I mapped the up and down elevator trim keys to the wheel. Works like you are tapping a key on the keyboard. It works best if you scroll the wheel slowly - one click at a time.
    For the zoom I've use one of the many hat switches.
    I haven't really messed with the throttle display yet. I'm still figuring out how to make the Flightdeck do what I want. So many buttons to play with. Fun.
    Have you mapped anything to the thumb scroll wheel and/or the front (index finger) scroll wheel on the throttle?
    Cheers,
    Dave

Blog Entries
    I notice that several of you are having problems binding controllers to MSFS events. This is one of my pet peeves. It used to be that a throttle was a throttle, not anymore. There are a dozen MSFS events designated as throttle control. Then, some developers set the throttle, and other controller functions, to LVARS.
    I don’t use the built-in bindings in MSFS. I set everything, with a few exceptions, to BLANK. I then use either FSUIPC or Axis and Ohs to assign the functions to my controllers. I have recently purchased SPAD.next, which is very powerful but complicated. I use it to assign my Go-Flight controllers rotaries.
    With the above programs I can assign the numerous controllers to whatever function I want. The profiles assigned to each airplane will load with the airplane.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    Hmm, I've been able to assign those functions to the same hat switch on both my X52 Pro and now the TB Flight Deck. I'm using the left top hat switch and just hit (I think it's) "assign anyway" and it works for both VC panning and external view panning. Does it let you assign it like that?
    Hi Dave,

Sorry for the late reply - was a few days before I could get to the sim and monkey with it. In the end, (remember, I'm a MSFS noob) I realized I had misunderstood how the MSFS custom vs default profiles work. I erased the profile I had been trying to make work and started a whole new one, and everything works as it should. Yes, as you say, the hat now works for panning in both external and internal (VC) camera modes - you have to override the warning. I still haven't figured out how to call up the GPS like I did in FSX / P3D, or open doors (looks like that disappeared, and only possible if you can open / close from within the VC itself?) - but I'm mostly there, when it comes to stick setups. Oh, the sensitivities were massively off - had to really dial them down to attenuate all the crazy PIO - can't imagine why they're that bad by default.

thanks!

dl

Hmm, I've been able to assign those functions to the same hat switch on both my X52 Pro and now the TB Flight Deck. I'm using the left top hat switch and just hit (I think it's) "assign anyway" and it works for both VC panning and external view panning. Does it let you assign it like that?
    Yes, the way Dave describes is the same as I have done on both my TB and in the past my Gladiator. Works with both sticks.
    *===================*
    Low, slow, and squawking 1200 !

Have you mapped anything to the thumb scroll wheel and/or the front (index finger) scroll wheel on the throttle?
    No, I haven't, yet. I'll give it a try in a bit. I've actually stopped fiddling with it lately and have done some "flying"!
    *===================*
    Low, slow, and squawking 1200 !

Members who have read this thread: 132